This is BULLSHIT!!

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Cheffie
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

This is BULLSHIT!!

Post by Cheffie »

My Mom called me this morning to tell me she won $100,000 from the New York Daily News scratch off game. Now, all over the news, is this:

Game co. apologizes
for Scratch error

The winning numbers for yesterday's Scratch n' Match contest contained an error.
The judging agency D.L. Blair, which runs the game for the Daily News, profoundly apologizes for and regrets any inconvenience that the incorrect numbers may have caused.
In yesterday's paper, the number 13 was printed instead of the correct number, 12.

The correct numbers to scratch off should have been 9, 7, 5, 15, 12, 10, 1, 4, 3 and 2.

Anyone who revealed three identical cash amounts for yesterday's game by scratching off the INCORRECT numbers, please submit your claim via mail to:

Scratch n' Match

1548 Front St.

Blair, NE 68008

Remember to write your name, address, Social Security number and daytime and evening phone numbers on an index card, and include a photocopy of a valid ID when you submit your game piece.

All claims must be received by July 8.

Anyone who would have revealed three identical cash amounts for yesterday's game by scratching off the correct numbers, please follow the procedures as stated in the Official Rules in submission of your claim.

As stated in the Official Rules, if an error causes more prizes to be claimed than are intended to be awarded for any prize level, the actual recipients of those prizes will be determined in a random drawing of valid game pieces.

More prizes than intended cannot be handed out.

"profoundly apologizes for and regrets any inconvenience that the incorrect numbers may have caused" BULLSHIT- this was my Mom's dream, she was planning what to wear when they took her winning photo for the paper, and finally being able to buy the condo she has been saving for in the Bronx. I say SUE for emotional distress.

"Plus que ma propre vie" -more than my own life - 10

"Boom de a dah!!!"

"shey shey lang loi! (thank you pretty girl!)"- Palmwine

happydrunk
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by happydrunk »

yeah - that's the answer, sue!!!

really, that SUCKS big time, but I don't think suiing for emotional distress is really valid

it sounds like she might be able to win something though from reading all those rules, since they are still asking her to submit her game piece . . . something about a random drawing. so maybe she will still get something?

Cheffie
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Cheffie »

yeah, her & the how many hundreds of others that received the misprinted ticket.

My Irish is up (as in fighting)

"Boom de a dah!!!"

Cheffie
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Cheffie »

There is already talk on the radio of a class action lawsuit. Yay!

"Boom de a dah!!!"

TravisBickle
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by TravisBickle »

happydrunk wrote:yeah - that's the answer, sue!!!

really, that SUCKS big time, but I don't think suiing for emotional distress is really valid

it sounds like she might be able to win something though from reading all those rules, since they are still asking her to submit her game piece . . . something about a random drawing. so maybe she will still get something?
Exactly. That's just what the court system needs is more ridiculous lawsuits clogging them up. I agree that it is a huge disappointment, and I'm sure your mom was very excited about winning a ton of money, but I'm willing to bet this isn't the first time your mom has been let down, I'm also willing to bet it's not the last. You just gotta roll with the punches, life isn't all peaches and herb.
Hate life all you want; it's still the best place to get a well mixed martini. - Palinka

if i were weromhg proper dootholes, the expreassionon your faxe would make me lk iy.. don't bother cZklllingm i gave a fiver to the chick with the wh9kzewrs. - bluebottle

happydrunk
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by happydrunk »

TravisBickle wrote: life isn't all peaches and herb.
I wish it was though! (at least the herb part!)

Cheffie
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Cheffie »

TravisBickle wrote:

Exactly. That's just what the court system needs is more ridiculous lawsuits clogging them up. I agree that it is a huge disappointment, and I'm sure your mom was very excited about winning a ton of money, but I'm willing to bet this isn't the first time your mom has been let down, I'm also willing to bet it's not the last. You just gotta roll with the punches, life isn't all peaches and herb.
Ok I respect your point of view, but talk to me when it is YOUR family, dealing with a huge disappointment, hearing the heartbreak in your Mom's voice. Like you wouldn't be spitting mad? (Yeah right, like my Mom would ever get involved in a lawsuit like that, she is too much of an Irish lady) I am the one wanting to strangle necks.

"Boom de a dah!!!"

TravisBickle
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by TravisBickle »

18packcheffie wrote:
TravisBickle wrote:

Ok I respect your point of view, but talk to me when it is YOUR family, dealing with a huge disappointment, hearing the heartbreak in your Mom's voice. Like you wouldn't be spitting mad? (Yeah right, like my Mom would ever get involved in a lawsuit like that, she is too much of an Irish lady) I am the one wanting to strangle necks.
Fair enough.

But believe me, my family (and i would guess yours too, not to mention most families) and i have had to deal with disappointment before, and in my opinion, some of the stuff we've dealt with is worse than missing out on money that we never had in the first place.
Hate life all you want; it's still the best place to get a well mixed martini. - Palinka

if i were weromhg proper dootholes, the expreassionon your faxe would make me lk iy.. don't bother cZklllingm i gave a fiver to the chick with the wh9kzewrs. - bluebottle

Cheffie
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Cheffie »

TravisBickle wrote:
18packcheffie wrote:
TravisBickle wrote: Exactly. That's just what the court system needs is more ridiculous lawsuits clogging them up. I agree that it is a huge disappointment, and I'm sure your mom was very excited about winning a ton of money, but I'm willing to bet this isn't the first time your mom has been let down, I'm also willing to bet it's not the last. You just gotta roll with the punches, life isn't all peaches and herb.
Fair enough.

But believe me, my family (and i would guess yours too, not to mention most families) and i have had to deal with disappointment before, and in my opinion, some of the stuff we've dealt with is worse than missing out on money that we never had in the first place.
and who hasn't had to deal with much more serious issues.

Just sucks, that's all I'm sayin.

"Boom de a dah!!!"

TravisBickle
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by TravisBickle »

18packcheffie wrote:
TravisBickle wrote:
18packcheffie wrote: Ok I respect your point of view, but talk to me when it is YOUR family, dealing with a huge disappointment, hearing the heartbreak in your Mom's voice. Like you wouldn't be spitting mad? (Yeah right, like my Mom would ever get involved in a lawsuit like that, she is too much of an Irish lady) I am the one wanting to strangle necks.
Fair enough.

and who hasn't had to deal with much more serious issues.

Just sucks, that's all I'm sayin.
it does in fact suck, i agree.

hophead
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by hophead »

Yeah, it's the shits for sure. There 's no doubt that everyone has suffered worse ordeals, but still there would be a case for a law suit.
***Believe*** Hey! Where's me fuckin' Harp?

Dick
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Dick »

She certainly won experience.