Pirate steals Booze

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

bella
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Pirate steals Booze

Post by bella »

IBERIA -- Police arrested an Abbeville man Saturday who is suspected of having walked into a convenience store growling with a sword clenched between his teeth to rob the place of a can of tobacco and a bottle of whiskey.
Brandon Doucet, 28, 306 N. St. Charles St., Abbeville, was arrested by Broussard police and charged with armed robbery, hit and run, two counts of reckless operation, aggravated flight from an officer and no driver's license.

Iberia Parish Sheriff Sid Hebert said his deputies responded Saturday to a report that a man had come into the Food N Fun convenience store at Duperior Avenue and Maire Street about 7:50 p.m. with a white sword between his teeth, and growling at the clerk behind the counter.

That man, believed to be Doucet, walked behind the counter, grabbed a can of tobacco and a bottle of whiskey -- while continuing to growl -- and left without a word.

"He was like a pirate. If he had been wearing a patch and a hat on his head and a parrot, she (the clerk) would have thought he was a pirate," Hebert said.

"There was some extremely abnormal behavior."

Shortly after the convenience-store incident, sheriff's deputies spotted a car believed to be that of the convenience-store robber and gave chase, he said.

At one point, the vehicle ran another car off the road, and may have sideswiped yet another vehicle while still in New Iberia before deputies gave chase, Hebert said.

The chase led deputies toward Lafayette Parish, and the Iberia Sheriff's Office called ahead to the Broussard police to notify officers that a fugitive was heading their way, Hebert said.

When the car entered the Broussard area, the driver cut the lights before speeding out of sight of the deputies, Hebert said.

Once in Broussard, Doucet turned his car down a dirt driveway, only to find a dirt mound at the end of it, which police say he proceeded to hit, ending the chase.

Doucet is being held in the Iberia Parish jail on a $250,000 bon
me loves the voddie

steved2112
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by steved2112 »

[quote="Bella"]IBERIA -- Police arrested an Abbeville man Saturday who is suspected of having walked into a convenience store growling with a sword clenched between his teeth to rob the place of a can of tobacco and a bottle of whiskey.
Brandon Doucet, 28, 306 N. St. Charles St., Abbeville, was arrested by Broussard police and charged with armed robbery, hit and run, two counts of reckless operation, aggravated flight from an officer and no driver's license.

Iberia Parish Sheriff Sid Hebert said his deputies responded Saturday to a report that a man had come into the Food N Fun convenience store at Duperior Avenue and Maire Street about 7:50 p.m. with a white sword between his teeth, and growling at the clerk behind the counter.

That man, believed to be Doucet, walked behind the counter, grabbed a can of tobacco and a bottle of whiskey -- while continuing to growl -- and left without a word.

"He was like a pirate. If he had been wearing a patch and a hat on his head and a parrot, she (the clerk) would have thought he was a pirate," Hebert said.

"There was some extremely abnormal behavior."

Shortly after the convenience-store incident, sheriff's deputies spotted a car believed to be that of the convenience-store robber and gave chase, he said.

At one point, the vehicle ran another car off the road, and may have sideswiped yet another vehicle while still in New Iberia before deputies gave chase, Hebert said.

The chase led deputies toward Lafayette Parish, and the Iberia Sheriff's Office called ahead to the Broussard police to notify officers that a fugitive was heading their way, Hebert said.

When the car entered the Broussard area, the driver cut the lights before speeding out of sight of the deputies, Hebert said.

Once in Broussard, Doucet turned his car down a dirt driveway, only to find a dirt mound at the end of it, which police say he proceeded to hit, ending the chase.

Doucet is being held in the Iberia Parish jail on a $2.50, million bon[/quote]Where was DJF at that moment??
I feel like I;' Typing down hill.
-F. Sott Blitzedgerald

bluefox
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by bluefox »

Good thing the clerk was a ninja.

bella

Post by bella »

I wish they had it on video!!!

WWDJFD?
me loves the voddie

mrpeeps
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by mrpeeps »

Its a damn good job there charging him with no driving license give him something serious to worry about with those other petty charges. Its a shame they didnt catch him dropping the sword or he would really be in trouble with a littering charge.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

"Aggravated flight"??/?
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

greygoose
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by greygoose »

Frankennietzsche wrote:"Aggravated flight"??/?
I'm not sure, but I believe this particular charge arises from clenching your fists and screaming through gritted teeth "I CAN FLY, DAMMIT! I KNOW I CAN FLY!"
why is my moral compass always pointed east? that's the direction of the nearest liquor store.