this is depressing. Sorry.

That's right. You can put them right here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

3DrinksAhead
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

this is depressing. Sorry.

Post by 3DrinksAhead »

So... A friend of mine, who i havent seen in about a year, killed himself yesterday. I dont want to bring anyone down but i have to write this shit out. I feel bad because the reason i hadnt seen him is that i had written him off as a friend. Thats a long story for another time. He worked for a liqour distributor. One night last month, they had a big party. He got real drunk and was driving the company van home (it said "dont drink and drive" on the side). He had a head-on with an elderly couple and put them both in the ICU. When the paramedics arrived, he aparently assaulted them. Anyway, they obviously threw the book at him, looking to make an example (probably rightfully so) and he was looking at 6-10. Well, he was out on bail and living at his aunt's house, and yesterday morning he aparently tapped a plastic bag over his head and went out. I cant imagine being in the position he was in, a position where death has become the best option.

I dont know where i am going with this, but i guess i jsut wanted to write about it. ok, sorry to dampen the mood. Tonight, im getting drunk.
"this is... wait. This... its.. jesus... hold on... shit... ok, this is neither the time, nor the... the place for... uh... do you have a cigarette?"

Tuffy
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Tuffy »

I shall, too.

Neither of us will drive.

It will be a fitting tribute.

There is nothing anyone can say at times such as these that will ever make anything "better". We can only soldier on and hope that we live better lives for it.
Nvnc est bibendvm.

3DrinksAhead
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by 3DrinksAhead »

yep. Thats pretty much how im looking at it, too. BTW, as if i needed another reason, im never driving with ANYTHING in me ever again. Fuck that. Couches are comfy.
"this is... wait. This... its.. jesus... hold on... shit... ok, this is neither the time, nor the... the place for... uh... do you have a cigarette?"

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

This is tragic all around, but thanks for posting it, just in case anyone here needs another reminder of why we don't want to drink and drive.
like tears in rain

Post by .... »

This really really sucks. So sorry to hear about it.

bluefox
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by bluefox »

My condolences.