So what does it mean?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

happydrunk
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by happydrunk »

I need Atavist to reply to this post. I'm still trying to figure out what that word means!

mine's about as easy as it gets. when I'm drunk, I feel like I'm floating on cloud 9!
I'm not so think as you drunk I am.

Hell is no bourbon - Ms. Savage

Because that's how you win. Gunpowder and rum.,

Lushlife
Banned From the Pub
Banned From the Pub

Post by Lushlife »

Aside from the obvious, my username is also the title of an album by Linda Ronstadt, whom I share a birthday with (she is 10 years to the day older then I am).

Dylboz
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dylboz »

My name is Dylan, the end is derived from my last name. I have used that username/nickname for so many things online for so long that my wife has begun to call me "Dylboz" when she really wants my attention. Simple eh...I was gonna try to invent some arcane and mysteriuos etymology for it, but I decided to make a breakfast Screwdriver and chase off the nasty hangover I aquired from 2 pitchers of Margaritas and 2 Mint Juleps (Hey, I deserved it, I won the Saturday poker tourney in classic fashion) instead.
I've taken the edge off so many times, I'm round!

bulletfodder
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by bulletfodder »

hmmm, when I started gaming online (FPS) I sucked... my comp sucked, the whole thing sucked....

so I came up with a name that's befitting...

now, the name doesn't wuite fit, cept I keep takin' off to wierd placed in the world (thanks uncle sambo) and not playing - so the fits again - it's a vicous cycle, and I need another drink......
Hey, it's after noon - I can switch to hard liqour!

stay in drugs, drink ya school, and dont do milk

Lupus
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Lupus »

phryne wrote:Mine's a greek mythology reference of sorts; I can't remember what it actually means, but I liked the sound of it.
Phryne was a famous courtesan in ancient Athens.

"Lupus" is latin for "wolf". I love wolves and Penelope (my name) soon became Penelupus, then just Lupus. Yes, I know it is also a disease. No, I don't have it.
Last edited by Lupus on Sun May 15, 2005 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I admire Mpraian and your soupra. Your soupra incloud NOS, NEON and dig bouga. Mpraian is a very good driver. The soupra color is orange. Your garage is in the Maiamy. I don't now anything for your life but I now your car. Your car is your life."

happydrunk
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by happydrunk »

Lupus wrote:
phryne wrote:Mine's a greek mythology reference of sorts; I can't remember what it actually means, but I liked the sound of it.

"Lupus" is latin for "wolf" (and a disease, but that's not the point). I love wolves.
I always think of George Costanza in Sienfeld . . . Lupus?? Is it lupus???

Never thought of the wolf meaning, but I will now.
I'm not so think as you drunk I am.

Hell is no bourbon - Ms. Savage

Because that's how you win. Gunpowder and rum.,

Lupus
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Lupus »

happydrunk wrote:
Lupus wrote:

"Lupus" is latin for "wolf" (and a disease, but that's not the point). I love wolves.
I always think of George Costanza in Sienfeld . . . Lupus?? Is it lupus???

Never thought of the wolf meaning, but I will now.
Oops, didn't edit fast enough. I've heard of this before.
“I admire Mpraian and your soupra. Your soupra incloud NOS, NEON and dig bouga. Mpraian is a very good driver. The soupra color is orange. Your garage is in the Maiamy. I don't now anything for your life but I now your car. Your car is your life."

Tom
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed
Location: A steady stumble usually points me in the right direction.

Post by Tom »

My real name is Herbert, and I decided you folks wouldn't think I was cool enough. Hence the name Tom.
Baby, your body is so beautiful I wish I was an artist so I could paint it. As it is, I'll have to settle for taking a picture with my digital camera and selling copies to middle school kids for 5 bucks a piece.