The 'F' Word.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

T.G
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

The 'F' Word.

Post by T.G »

(It's said a lot but explained quite well.) :lol:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/fwordflash.html

T.G
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by T.G »

My personal fave is " Why don't you go outside and play 'Hide and Go f@#k Yourself'?."

joesixpack
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by joesixpack »

Do women consider "cunt" offensive?

My response is usually, "would you prefer if I said *gash*?"

I don't know but some women go into fits of apolexy (even when they are pissed) while using all and sundry of other colourful langauge, OTOH I knew a girl who hardly ever sweared but got a large bill/fine and remarked "you effing sea"

RIPT

Post by RIPT »

Fuck that.

Nuff said.

T.G
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by T.G »

joesixpack wrote:Do women consider "cunt" offensive?

My response is usually, "would you prefer if I said *gash*?"

I don't know but some women go into fits of apolexy (even when they are pissed) while using all and sundry of other colourful langauge, OTOH I knew a girl who hardly ever sweared but got a large bill/fine and remarked "you effing sea"
Yeah, the 'C' word is a nasty one. Between chicks it's the worst thing I believe you can call one another. It's reason enough to swing and swing hard. No guy has ever called me one but I'm sure the offensiveness would require the same actions.

joesixpack
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by joesixpack »

I think the male equivalent is "you fucked your dad up the ass"

DrinkyCrow
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by DrinkyCrow »

Oddly enough we had a similar discussion to that presentation in my linguistics class. It was probably my favorite classs ever, we discussed taboo words, their origins and their popular uses in today's society....

As far as cunt? well I'd rather be called that than a cum dumpster....

My favorite word, courtesy of Deadwood of course, is currently cocksucker....I've been making a real effort to include that into my daily lingo...it may be offensive and unladylike, but frankly neither politeness nor lady-like abilities have ever been my strong points.....
It is most absurdly said, in popular language, of any man, that he is disguised in liquor; for, on the contrary, most men are disguised by undrunkenness
~Thomas de Quincy

joesixpack
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by joesixpack »

Were you a cunning linguist?

I know it's fucking terrible, but someone had to say it

greygoose
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Here's a game for you polyglots...

Post by greygoose »

So I suppose that telling some female to stop running her cockholster would be frowned upon? Dammit.

Fuck is, without a doubt, the most versatile word in the English (and probably more than just English) language.

The game: If you are fluent, or even if you're not but reasonably confident of the authenticity of your answer, please provide the language you're referencing and the translation into that language for....

fuck.
why is my moral compass always pointed east? that's the direction of the nearest liquor store.

joesixpack
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by joesixpack »

Well, is gash a faux pas?

Lushlife
Banned From the Pub
Banned From the Pub

Post by Lushlife »

Hey, as long as it's not in reference to me I have no problems with it. :D

I Enjoy Alcohol
Souse
Souse

Post by I Enjoy Alcohol »

Years ago, bored at my bookstore-clerk job, I decided to look up the origins of the infamous C-word. Turns out, its origins basically just mean "vagina." Of course, words only are meaningful based on how they're used, so I guess its origins are meaningless.

By the way, I'm drinking bourbon. Elmer T. Lee.

Over and out.

Generic Jug
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Generic Jug »

"Cunt" really does seem a deplorable word amomgst females. And there is no real male equivalent. The best I can think of is "fag".

The only real reason I can come up with, off the cuff, is because they have hard consonants, and thus, can by uttered with more vehemence. However, "fuck" has some hard consonant sounds. It must only be more widely accepted because it is more widely used. But what came first?

I don't know if that made any sense. I am sort of maybe just a little bit drunk. Just my words.
I've been here, I've been there, I've been everywhere...and your well still tastes like shoes. I'll take another.

Jackie07
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Jackie07 »

Generic Jug wrote:"Cunt" really does seem a deplorable word amomgst females. And there is no real male equivalent. The best I can think of is "fag".

The only real reason I can come up with, off the cuff, is because they have hard consonants, and thus, can by uttered with more vehemence. However, "fuck" has some hard consonant sounds. It must only be more widely accepted because it is more widely used. But what came first?

I don't know if that made any sense. I am sort of maybe just a little bit drunk. Just my words.
"Cunt" does sound brutal, Juggy...and as someone pointed out, the actual etymology of the word isn't so offensive....I think the reason women don't like "cunt" is because although the denotation maybe isn't so bad, there is a distinctly misogynist connotation nowadays to that word.
"OPOVE TRHE DYCJUBG BIARD,,,TI AND I ARAE OTGETHER...HE SAITH MY WHILE THEY IN TEROOOGAATEEDMER."

~190Proof, on (presumably) love.

greygoose
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by greygoose »

Brought to you by the good people at dictionary.com

2 entries found for fuck.
fuck ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fk) Vulgar Slang
v. fucked, fuck·ing, fucks
v. tr.
To have sexual intercourse with.
To take advantage of, betray, or cheat; victimize.
Used in the imperative as a signal of angry dismissal.

v. intr.
To engage in sexual intercourse.
To act wastefully or foolishly.
To interfere; meddle. Often used with with.

n.
An act of sexual intercourse.
A partner in sexual intercourse.
A despised person.
Used as an intensive: What the fuck did you do that for?

interj.
Used to express extreme displeasure.

Phrasal Verbs:
fuck off
Used in the imperative as a signal of angry dismissal.
To spend time idly.
To masturbate.

fuck over
To treat unfairly; take advantage of.

fuck up
To make a mistake; bungle something.
To act carelessly, foolishly, or incorrectly.
To cause to be intoxicated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Middle English, attested in pseudo-Latin fuccant, (they) fuck, deciphered from gxddbov.]
Word History: The obscenity fuck is a very old word and has been considered shocking from the first, though it is seen in print much more often now than in the past. Its first known occurrence, in code because of its unacceptability, is in a poem composed in a mixture of Latin and English sometime before 1500. The poem, which satirizes the Carmelite friars of Cambridge, England, takes its title, “Flen flyys,” from the first words of its opening line, “Flen, flyys, and freris,” that is, “fleas, flies, and friars.” The line that contains fuck reads “Non sunt in coeli, quia gxddbov xxkxzt pg ifmk.” The Latin words “Non sunt in coeli, quia,” mean “they [the friars] are not in heaven, since.” The code “gxddbov xxkxzt pg ifmk” is easily broken by simply substituting the preceding letter in the alphabet, keeping in mind differences in the alphabet and in spelling between then and now: i was then used for both i and j; v was used for both u and v; and vv was used for w. This yields “fvccant [a fake Latin form] vvivys of heli.” The whole thus reads in translation: “They are not in heaven because they fuck wives of Ely [a town near Cambridge].”
why is my moral compass always pointed east? that's the direction of the nearest liquor store.