Man...

A place for general talk.

Moderators: NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies

User avatar
Thee Totaller
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Posts: 783
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:22 am
Location: Morphs

Post by Thee Totaller »

I think that I shall never see
a poem lovely as a tree
AHLL BE BOCK

Mayhem
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie
Posts: 21880
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 11:21 am
Location: Well, duh.

Post by Mayhem »

Thee Totaller wrote:I think that I shall never see
a poem lovely as a tree
AHA!!! So you are a pagan!
Drink your fucking drink, how about that? Stop the fuckin' presses, isn't it genius??
Casino

Image

User avatar
treetop
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Posts: 2931
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:49 am
Location: in the halls of shambala

Post by treetop »

you're both liars. filthy, filthy liars. now i'm not saying a little daisy on the hip bone or an ankh on the lower back isn't nice to look at, i'm just saying that it's not necesarily high class. STOP. i'm not one who considers myself or aspires to high class but i do know that when i showed the D.A.R. ladies my rendering of their logo on my nethers, there was some fainting and shrieking. although that may have had less to do with the tattoo than... well, let's leave it at that.
it's all good in the woods, nobody hears me when i scream.

T.G
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed
Posts: 1739
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:16 am

Post by T.G »

treetop wrote:you're both liars. filthy, filthy liars. now i'm not saying a little daisy on the hip bone or an ankh on the lower back isn't nice to look at, i'm just saying that it's not necesarily high class. STOP. i'm not one who considers myself or aspires to high class but i do know that when i showed the D.A.R. ladies my rendering of their logo on my nethers, there was some fainting and shrieking. although that may have had less to do with the tattoo than... well, let's leave it at that.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
treetop
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Posts: 2931
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:49 am
Location: in the halls of shambala

Post by treetop »

That Girl wrote:
treetop wrote:you're both liars. filthy, filthy liars. now i'm not saying a little daisy on the hip bone or an ankh on the lower back isn't nice to look at, i'm just saying that it's not necesarily high class. STOP. i'm not one who considers myself or aspires to high class but i do know that when i showed the D.A.R. ladies my rendering of their logo on my nethers, there was some fainting and shrieking. although that may have had less to do with the tattoo than... well, let's leave it at that.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:wink:
it's all good in the woods, nobody hears me when i scream.

G_W
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie
Posts: 12239
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:36 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Contact:

Post by G_W »

That Girl wrote: Well, I'd get hitched in Vegas anyways. But I'd still cover the ink.

I don't see how tattoos are trashy though, as you imply. I just think certain days call for certain looks.
You must, at least on a subconscious level, otherwise you wouldn't cover them. Think about it for a minute. You said it yourself, that you would cover them on your weddig day...yet you also say that they are a part of you as a person. Why would you cover them? Simple, women want to look pure and chaste on their wedding day...I mean c'mon...a WHITE dress?! :D

I'm not passing judgement, just saying what I have observed.
steved wrote:Proof is just information.
"We're all in a freak show. It's called life. Buy a ticket and enjoy the ride." - Foamy the Squirrel

T.G
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed
Posts: 1739
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:16 am

Post by T.G »

gerald_weigel wrote:
That Girl wrote: Well, I'd get hitched in Vegas anyways. But I'd still cover the ink.

I don't see how tattoos are trashy though, as you imply. I just think certain days call for certain looks.
You must, at least on a subconscious level, otherwise you wouldn't cover them. Think about it for a minute. You said it yourself, that you would cover them on your weddig day...yet you also say that they are a part of you as a person. Why would you cover them? Simple, women want to look pure and chaste on their wedding day...I mean c'mon...a WHITE dress?! :D

I'm not passing judgement, just saying what I have observed.
You make a good point but the only reason I would cover them is for my family, at their request. If they said nothing I wouldn't put that goop on to hide them. If I thought they were trashy I wouldn't have them inked into my skin in the first place, right? I don't know many people that go to a tattoo shop with the intention of etching complete shyte on themselves. Unless that shyte may have some deep personal meaning to them. Or unless it's for fun. Like the girl with 'White Trash' tattoed on her butt cheeks. Whatever floats yer boat.

Lupus
Booze Head
Booze Head
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:09 am

Post by Lupus »

I think most tattoos just clash with traditional wedding gowns. If that is the case, I'm in favour of artful concealment.

If, on the other hand, you are pleased with the aesthetic effect of gown + ink, don't hide it. You didn't care about your mother when you had the tattoos done, why should you now? And she knows about them so it's not as if she'll have a nasty shock at that day.

Of course you could always reach a compromise. Take some extra pics where the ink doesn't show. She will have something to frame and you won't feel you are giving up on something you like.
“I admire Mpraian and your soupra. Your soupra incloud NOS, NEON and dig bouga. Mpraian is a very good driver. The soupra color is orange. Your garage is in the Maiamy. I don't now anything for your life but I now your car. Your car is your life."

T.G
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed
Posts: 1739
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:16 am

Post by T.G »

Lupus wrote:I think most tattoos just clash with traditional wedding gowns. If that is the case, I'm in favour of artful concealment.

If, on the other hand, you are pleased with the aesthetic effect of gown + ink, don't hide it. You didn't care about your mother when you had the tattoos done, why should you now? And she knows about them so it's not as if she'll have a nasty shock at that day.

Of course you could always reach a compromise. Take some extra pics where the ink doesn't show. She will have something to frame and you won't feel you are giving up on something you like.
I agree, it would be for the sake of her having some photos/keepsake memories. I care about my mother at all times. Getting the ink didn't hurt her, just gave her something else to shake her head at. But my wedding shouldn't be another one of those times.

User avatar
Skot Eleventeen
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Posts: 1152
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:27 am
Location: taken 'er easy for all you sinners
Contact:

Post by Skot Eleventeen »

It wasnt realy an issue when we got married .... if this was 1920 than this may be an issue ... everyone has tattoos now.

and i have a great quote for this.

"the only differance between people with tattoos and people with out tattoos is, people with tattoos dont care if you dont have tattoos"

weddings are about the bride and groom ... if you are embarrased to show your tattoos to your family, you shouldnt have got the tattoo.

seems like if its an issue someone is being petty.


Image
"... A revolution without dancing ... is a revolution not worth having..." -V

"If you drink a quart of Bourbon every week for 5200 weeks, you'll live to be 100" ~ bathroom wall, Hanszen College, Rice University, 1968

T.G
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed
Posts: 1739
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:16 am

Post by T.G »

skot11 wrote:It wasnt realy an issue when we got married .... if this was 1920 than this may be an issue ... everyone has tattoos now.

and i have a great quote for this.

"the only differance between people with tattoos and people with out tattoos is, people with tattoos dont care if you dont have tattoos"

weddings are about the bride and groom ... if you are embarrased to show your tattoos to your family, you shouldnt have got the tattoo.

seems like if its an issue someone is being petty.


Image
I'm not embarrassed to show any of my ink to my family. Matter of fact they've known and seen each one for years now. What I was trying to get across is that for my family's sake in wedding photos I wouldn't spit the dummy if they asked me to cover the visible ones. It's not a big deal...they'll be there the next day anyways. Now if they asked me to get them removed, well, I'd laugh.


(btw, very cute pic)

Lifer
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Posts: 3109
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:42 am
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

Post by Lifer »

i find i usually have a problem with inkd people

they seem to be...still in that highschool-rebelious "I can do whatever I want and you have to deal with it" phase
not all, but a lot


one girl i know argued with me for hours that she should be able to work anywhere she wants and not have to remove peircings or cover up tattoos

and i mean
i didnt even have to argue
its just common sense that body peircings and tat's arent suitable for some workplaces
Bundy wrote:"I say Rooster old bean! sally forth with another pair of pink gins for these jolly lovely gels and we'll see if they arent up for a spot of rumpy pumpy before we have to dash off and give Jerry another sound thrashing, what? Tally ho!"

T.G
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed
Posts: 1739
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:16 am

Post by T.G »

Lifer wrote:i find i usually have a problem with inkd people

they seem to be...still in that highschool-rebelious "I can do whatever I want and you have to deal with it" phase
not all, but a lot


one girl i know argued with me for hours that she should be able to work anywhere she wants and not have to remove peircings or cover up tattoos

and i mean
i didnt even have to argue
its just common sense that body peircings and tat's arent suitable for some workplaces



I agree. I mean, I'm a Pharmacy Technician. Granted we wear white lab coats but I wouldn't show up for work in a tank top or daisy dukes, tattoos blazing. It's common sense.

Damn these big words...

Lifer
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Posts: 3109
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:42 am
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

Post by Lifer »

especially the body piercings-food servie arguement

it's a health hazard!
DEAL WITH IT!


and yes those are mighty big words
Bundy wrote:"I say Rooster old bean! sally forth with another pair of pink gins for these jolly lovely gels and we'll see if they arent up for a spot of rumpy pumpy before we have to dash off and give Jerry another sound thrashing, what? Tally ho!"

User avatar
Thee Totaller
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Posts: 783
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:22 am
Location: Morphs

Post by Thee Totaller »

ima make a mint when they IPO tramp stamp removal parlor franchises
AHLL BE BOCK

Post Reply