Man...

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Linkster
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Linkster »

Rooster wrote:Tattoos should only be visible if your dress is made of leather, or if the person performing the ceremony is wearing a Fat Elvis costume.

Otherwise you might as well have the groom dress in a wifebeater (the pun!) and both of you carry half-drinked sixpacks of PBR by the plastic rings to the altar.
You were at my wedding wern't you, Rooster!!
"I'm just a Lesbian trapped in a mans body" - TAP'

"I haven't dropped my toilet in the phone for years" -- Z

freedom's just another word for nothing left but booze - WhiskeyPrick

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

What's the old adage about it not being your wedding so much as it is the wedding your mom wanted to have
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Skot Eleventeen
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Skot Eleventeen »

Lifer wrote:probably
again it all depends on the job

but if a boss tells you to cover up/remove peircings, dont bitch about your "rights as a person and individuality " and all that crap
cover up or risk your job
actualy, it comes down to, when they hired me, was it policy then, I would simply not start working at a job that had an issue with them, however if they tried to change the rule after i started, I would thow a fit.
"... A revolution without dancing ... is a revolution not worth having..." -V

"If you drink a quart of Bourbon every week for 5200 weeks, you'll live to be 100" ~ bathroom wall, Hanszen College, Rice University, 1968

greygoose
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by greygoose »

skot11 wrote:

but if a boss tells you to cover up/remove peircings, dont bitch about your "rights as a person and individuality " and all that crap
actualy, it comes down to, when they hired me, was it policy then, I would simply not start working at a job that had an issue with them, however if they tried to change the rule after i started, I would thow a fit.
That does present a problem. Whenever I interviewed for a 'real' job, I had on a shirt, tie and a jacket, thereby covering up my forearm tats. If I got hired, I'd do the long-sleeve shirts for a few months until they saw that I was a 'valued member of the team' and then I'd start rolling up my shirtsleeves. Never got fired, or even asked about it. The way I see it is if you really want the job, cover up as much as you can until you're locked in and demonstrate that you're a good employee. Most employers, at least the ones I've worked for, had no problem with it.

Now if you're working the drive-thru, saying "wood woo wike fwies wif dat" because you've got a tongue-piercing, I'd 86 you.
Last edited by greygoose on Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
why is my moral compass always pointed east? that's the direction of the nearest liquor store.

Skot Eleventeen

Post by Skot Eleventeen »

the_grey_goose wrote:
skot11 wrote:

That does present a problem. Whenever I interviewed for a 'real' job, I had on a shirt, tie and a jacket, thereby covering up my forearm tats. If I got hired, I'd do the long-sleeve shirts for a few months until they saw that I was a 'valued member of the time' and then I'd start rolling up my shirtsleeves. Never got fired, or even asked about it. The way I see it is if you really want the job, cover up as much as you can until you're locked in and demonstrate that you're a good employee. Most employers, at least the ones I've worked for, had no problem with it.

Now if you're working the drive-thru, saying "wood woo wike fwies wif dat" because you've got a tongue-piercing, I'd 86 you.
well, I do set lighting (a real job), so the only dress code i have is, once i had to wear a hard hat. beyond that ... no one cares.... well on union jobs I have to have a tool belt, with certian tools.
"... A revolution without dancing ... is a revolution not worth having..." -V

"If you drink a quart of Bourbon every week for 5200 weeks, you'll live to be 100" ~ bathroom wall, Hanszen College, Rice University, 1968