A picture from VietNam

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

A picture from VietNam

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Brown water navy

“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Dylboz
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dylboz »

Two classics, Johnnie Red, and the Ruger M-14. I'd say he is well armed.
I've taken the edge off so many times, I'm round!

Messenger
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Messenger »

Are you saying that PBR is anything short of a classic? It was voted America's Best a mere 112 years ago.
"Well, good times come and good times go. I only wish the good times would last a little longer."

bob robertson
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by bob robertson »

thats an M1 carbine i believe, but im not sure. i know it isnt an M14, the greatest rifle ever crafted by the hand of man.

the lack of a gas cylinder, the curved magazines and the position of the bayonet lug are dead giveaways.

sorry dylboz, not trying to trump our favorite librarian. :wink:
"Only a mediocre person is always at his best." - W. Somerset Maugham

"When you are arguing with a fool, make sure he isn't doing the same thing." - Anonymous

"if your dog is fat, you arent getting enough exercise". - anonymous

"Woe is fucking you...." judge

Rowdydrunk79
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: A picture from VietNam

Post by Rowdydrunk79 »

CassanovaFrankennietzsche wrote:Brown water navy

My Uncle Cliff spent two of his three combat tours in the Brown Water Navy. He said he couldn't have made it without San Miguel beer.
"Preacher! Go on down and get me some bourbon. J. T. S. Brown. No ice, no glass."
- Paul Newman, The Hustler
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/141203 ... F8&s=books

Agaveman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Agaveman »

CassanovaFrankennietzsche wrote:Brown water navy

If the army used that pic as a poster, they might have made their recruitment goals.
“So I stayed in bed and drank. When you drank the world was still out there, but for the moment it didn’t have you by the throat.â€

Messenger
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Messenger »

Agaveman wrote:If the army used that pic as a poster, they might have made their recruitment goals.
I think you mean the Navy. Incidentally, Franken, is this a picture of you, or just a picture you have? Either way, it's a great shot of what our troops should be doing. As long as booze, women, and defending my country are their three top priorities, all's good.
"Well, good times come and good times go. I only wish the good times would last a little longer."

Dylboz

Post by Dylboz »

grimace308 wrote:thats an M1 carbine i believe, but im not sure. i know it isnt an M14, the greatest rifle ever crafted by the hand of man.

the lack of a gas cylinder, the curved magazines and the position of the bayonet lug are dead giveaways.

You're right, my bad...I fail the Libertarian gun nut whack-job challenge. I didn't look too hard, saw the wood stock and the lack of a flash supressor and figured it was an M-14. Wishful thinking, I guess. I fired a mini-14 once, and it had a curved magazine, so I think that played a part in the deception.
I've taken the edge off so many times, I'm round!

Sixpack595
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Sixpack595 »

Dylboz wrote:
grimace308 wrote:thats an M1 carbine i believe, but im not sure. i know it isnt an M14, the greatest rifle ever crafted by the hand of man.

You're right, my bad...I fail the Libertarian gun nut whack-job challenge. I didn't look too hard, saw the wood stock and the lack of a flash supressor and figured it was an M-14. Wishful thinking, I guess. I fired a mini-14 once, and it had a curved magazine, so I think that played a part in the deception.
To be fair the Mini 14 really is just a.. well... Mini M-14. And as an mini 14 owner I can say its a pretty crappy gun as anything except a plinker. M-1, M-14, M-1 carbine, Mini14... very similar. M-1 and M-14 are the only ones worth a fuck. Gimme an AR over a Mini or M1 carbine any day. BTW the AR wasbought to replace the M-1carbine for AF security. It was never meant for use in the jungle.
"Finally, this board was never meant to be a soap opera where people should funnel their emotions and social lives into, it was never meant to be a substitute for drinking and interacting with other drunks at bars." Modern Drunkard

Combat Rock
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Combat Rock »

Messenger wrote:
Agaveman wrote:If the army used that pic as a poster, they might have made their recruitment goals.
I think you mean the Navy. Incidentally, Franken, is this a picture of you, or just a picture you have? Either way, it's a great shot of what our troops should be doing. As long as booze, women, and defending my country are their three top priorities, all's good.
It also looks like he has a Mike Force patch on his hat, so he could just be hitching a ride on the river. No matter what, it's cool as hell. My pop has a slide of him on top of a bunker, in a lawn chair, holding a schlitz with like 8 empties laying around him. I always wanted to get that made into a photo.
"Oops there goes another year - there goes another pint of beer."
"I drank one and it turned to four. On the floor and I drank more. Now I'm never seeing you again!"

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

[quote="Messenger"] Incidentally, Franken, is this a picture of you, or just a picture you have? quote]

Nah, just a picture I found. Well, could be me in a past life, I guess.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Combat Rock wrote: I always wanted to get that made into a photo.
That would be easy if you have any access to a scanner witht the right hardware. We have them here; the HP ones are called "TMAs" and they back light any slide and you scan away.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Notice what they have just unloaded.

By the way, the title of this picture actaully is "Beer Run."

General E. Fubar

Post by General E. Fubar »

Yeah but the "war baby" M1 is so smooth firing you could fire it all day and not even worry about spilling your drink.
"I hope you like Guinness, I find it a refreshing substitute to... food."
- O'Neill

If I stop drinking all at once, I'm afraid the cumulative hangover will kill me.
- Archer

Drunk Injun
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Drunk Injun »

CHRIST! Pushups leg! Thats an M2!

“Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy.â€