just got out of jail...

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

just got out of jail...

Post by bluebottle »

okay,
so i just got out of jail - oakland city with a transfer to santa rita county for a night. five nights and four days - and for what? public intoxication, although i hadda warrant outta san francisco for pissing in public. tell me, do these minor infractions warrant a thursday-monday stay in the slammer? hell no, and all the bruthas up in there thought so too, ya feelin' me? and it is mostly bruthas - i'm a halfbreed apache ndn from mescalero, nm - along with a few latinos and a coupla asians. anyhow, the goddam BART police got me for jaywalking, then they smelled my breath and determined i needed to be jailed for my own good. i read the goddamned report they had on me. i had been drinking at the merchant's, which is my favorite bar in oakland (vagabonds, sea farers, merchant marines, locals, street people, the odd tourist), and i made it walking all the way to the station then who pops out from around the corner and slaps the cuffs on? the fuckin' cops! ooooh, and for my own safety, too! hah! anyhow, i left santa rita with my forty bucks at 7:00 am, took the goddamn BART home, stopped at albertsons and got me a pizza and a twelve pack of moosehead. so i need a show of hands here, how many have been picked up while walking and thrown in the can for piss ant shit like this?
keith

UnkleLemmy
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by UnkleLemmy »

Welocme back to the land of the free and the drunk.
Savage: "Unkle Lemmy looks just like his avatar, and that is hawt. Also, he sends me a crate of bourbon every month and for this, when I die, he will inherit my castle in Savagonia, and my 72 virgins. (They are all good boys, and very hard workers.)"

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

That sucks man. A buddy of mine got shypped to detox (minimum 72 hour stay here) but he took a headed off the curb leaving my house. I'm not sure jaywalking is a crime here, I think it maybe considered a blue law or something.
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

what gets me..

Post by bluebottle »

what gets me is that being drunk and pissing are two of the most natural acts men and women can do, and to be jailed for these things is just a downright abomination! talk about a police state........

Mongeaux
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

:)

Post by Mongeaux »

Well, Sandy and I were having brunch at the Kittery Point Yacht Club (in Kittery Maine), once and I guess we had too many Mimosa's because the bartender shut us off. They didn't want us to drive either so we jumped into my skiff and motored across the harbor to Portsmouth NH, where I keep another car for just such occasions. But the Marine Patrol jumped us by Newcastle Island. We were drooling drunk and Muffy had taken off her top to "Get sun", which is why I think they stopped us in the first place.

I invited the skipper to a round of Golf at Abenaki In Rye and he let us go.

So that's close, right?

greygoose
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: what gets me..

Post by greygoose »

bluebottle wrote:what gets me is that being drunk and pissing are two of the most natural acts men and women can do, and to be jailed for these things is just a downright abomination! talk about a police state........
Welcome. Sorry about your too-long stay. Ooooooooohhhh Dylboz? Dylboz. Where you at boy? You two have things to discuss!
why is my moral compass always pointed east? that's the direction of the nearest liquor store.

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

brilliant!

Post by bluebottle »

it's brilliant to keep a car across the water like that, and to have a boat to make the getaway on! ooh, and a half naked girl to woo the cops outta a ticket? absolute genius! i've got a set of little man-tits, but that surely wouldn't have gotten me out of no ticket!

Rowdydrunk79
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: just got out of jail...

Post by Rowdydrunk79 »

bluebottle wrote:so i need a show of hands here, how many have been picked up while walking and thrown in the can for piss ant shit like this?
keith
Seek the wisdom of DrunkenJackFlask.
"Preacher! Go on down and get me some bourbon. J. T. S. Brown. No ice, no glass."
- Paul Newman, The Hustler
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/141203 ... F8&s=books

Mongeaux
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: brilliant!

Post by Mongeaux »

bluebottle wrote:it's brilliant to keep a car across the water like that, and to have a boat to make the getaway on! ooh, and a half naked girl to woo the cops outta a ticket? absolute genius! i've got a set of little man-tits, but that surely wouldn't have gotten me out of no ticket!
Yeah I made it all up. I drive a mini van.

Dylboz
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dylboz »

bluebottle wrote:what gets me is that being drunk and pissing are two of the most natural acts men and women can do, and to be jailed for these things is just a downright abomination! talk about a police state........
Indeed, we can talk about a police state. Thankfully I've never been to the pokey, but I probably should have, since I've been caught in the aforementioned acts by the law a few times. I attribute it to my super-whiteness. It is sad but true, but those of color are much more likely to get scooped up and tossed in jail. I am truly sorry that they got you for so long, that really sucks, doesn't seem remotelly fair. Do you have an attorney? A public defender even? That's the only language the system speaks. It is a machine for extracting your money and squashing your spirit. Good luck, and stay outta trouble, oh, and welcome to the board.
I've taken the edge off so many times, I'm round!

MeanOldLady
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by MeanOldLady »

i fall in the category of "those of color" and like all drunkards, i've taken a public whiz before. i didn't get caught though because i was in an obscure, seedy alley in a bad neighborhood, which in hindsight wasn't that great of an idea for a lot of reasons. also, i'm a chick and cops like chicks. i won't even get into all the stories of harrassment my brothers receive when they're not even breaking (ridiculous and oppressive) laws.

bad times, bluebottle. a little bit of public intoxication never killed anybody. bitches.
"Vodka is the Harry Potter of Booze, fun at first but ultimately unsatisfying and made for children." -The Lush

"If you can't trust the inner monkey, who can you trust?" -F. Sott Blitzedgerald

"this thread should be called WEAK drunk pics. more people should be bloody and passed out" -old crow

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by bluebottle »

hey,
it's great to find this place, this board. i didn't know to whom to turn to celebrate my freedom. i mean, no one i know around here really drinks beer at eight in the morning. then i remembered, ahhh, of course, the drunkards online! i haven't posted much, but i guess it takes a kick in the ass to get the thing going. say, i've been reading through the archives, almost made it all the way through. great stuff....

Dylboz said: "It is sad but true, but those of color are much more likely to get scooped up and tossed in jail."

it's crazy to see the thing from the inside, from jail - i've been tossed in for drinking in kalispell, montana, detroit, michigan, and on the rez at mescalero, and now oakland- funny how it's mostly all blacks, indins, and latinos - this is not to take away from the drinking prowess of the more light-skinned brothers and sisters, but somehow those faces are few and far between in the city jails. i mean, hell, drinking cuts across all cultural borders, and is truly more of a unifier than a divider after all.
p.s. how do i use the "quote" mechanism on this board?
thanks,
keith

Sixpack595
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Sixpack595 »

As a Detroit drunk I gotta say it takes some doing to get popped for drunk &Disorderly or Public Intox. I've been picked up a few times, but they got better things to do than mess with you for being drunk. No matter what color, DPD doen't give a fuck! Hell, I was hanging on the roof of my boy's truck at 3am doing donuts in the bar parking lot and the cops asked if I wanted to go to jail. I said "Whatever man, its cool." My boy said he would take me home if I would just get off the damn roof. Cop said I was lucky and left. I love Devils Night. Even on regular nights they don't care. They actually are only concerned with real crimes. What the hell did you do to get popped in Detroit? Of course if it was a State Trooper thats different. Those guys are hard asses.
"Finally, this board was never meant to be a soap opera where people should funnel their emotions and social lives into, it was never meant to be a substitute for drinking and interacting with other drunks at bars." Modern Drunkard

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

detroit city

Post by bluebottle »

i was busted outta nowhere, really, drinking 40's at cass and alexandrine with some bruthas in front of the apt. building when a city squad car pulled up and out hopped two cops, one grabbing my arms from behind and holding them behind my back, the other spraying mace in my face while i could not defend myself. they then shoved me into the cruiser and drove me off to the 13th precinct jail where i spent fri-sun nights in the tank. i had barely cracked the bottle! now, the only reason that i've been able to come up with for this assault was because i had been trying to shove down my demons with vodka the whole month previous, and had gone on a coupla neighborhood sprees breaking things up and raising hell, so when they saw me drinking that malt liquor, they jumped me before i had a chance to go off again. so, in reflection, i think they did in fact let me off for my earlier imprudent acts, and yeah you're right, they're very forgiving - i think while i was going thru that tough time i had some folks in the neighborhood who were watching out for me and tried to help me as much as they could. but in the end, i had to pay my dues - hell, the detroit cops even drove me to the hospital one night after one of the sprees, thinking i was on pcp or something. for that, i will always laud them.

Combat Rock
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Combat Rock »

Yeah, I've been in the tank twice, once just for walking home. The cop asked me if I'd been drinking, and I said "Yeah, that's why I'm walking home and my car is still at my buddy's." The whole thing ended up costing me like $800. I also had to go to an all day Saturday class. Half of it was about drugs, which I don't even use.

What really sucked was that the jail was over crowded and they were using the tank for EVERYONE. There were all these thug and shit in there. Luckily, I had gotten into a chocolate icing fight that night (long story) and all the tough guys thought that it was dried blood all over my T-shirt. They were just like "Man, you musta fucked that guy UP!!!!"
"Oops there goes another year - there goes another pint of beer."
"I drank one and it turned to four. On the floor and I drank more. Now I'm never seeing you again!"