Vodka watermelon

A place for general talk.

Moderators: NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies

anichka
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Posts: 776
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:36 pm

Vodka watermelon

Post by anichka »

I couldn't resist buying the cutest little watermelon when I was at the supermarket today, and I am tempted to try this combination for the first time. Opinions or advice?
Wine in the mornin', and some breakfast at night.
Well, I'm beginning to see the light.

Mayhem
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie
Posts: 21880
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 11:21 am
Location: Well, duh.

Post by Mayhem »

Watermelon gives me gas.
Drink your fucking drink, how about that? Stop the fuckin' presses, isn't it genius??
Casino

Image

190Flask
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill
Posts: 5540
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:47 pm
Location: (blank)
Contact:

Post by 190Flask »

i Don't know but I love you. you and P are coming out here to see us.
RIP Tim.

Jukebox Johnson
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Posts: 3079
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: In Absentia

Post by Jukebox Johnson »

I have some very good honeydew melon (cantelope sp) slices and i am currently enjoying them chilled, on the side with a glass of vodka on the rocks. If I had a juicer or ambition or anything, I could see making a mixed or frozen drink, but . . .
The greater our knowledge increases, the greater our ignorance unfolds.

190Flask
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill
Posts: 5540
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:47 pm
Location: (blank)
Contact:

Post by 190Flask »

Jukebox Johnson wrote:I have some very good honeydew melon (cantelope sp) slices and i am currently enjoying them chilled, on the side with a glass of vodka on the rocks. If I had a juicer or ambition or anything, I could see making a mixed or frozen drink, but . . .
Listen to John. He is hot and smart. yes, listen to him. Love ya AM!! ;)
RIP Tim.

anichka
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Posts: 776
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:36 pm

Post by anichka »

190proof wrote:
Listen to John. He is hot and smart. yes, listen to him. Love ya AM!! ;)
Well, he does have a cute accent.

Isn't there a song that goes, love you in the morning, love you in the evening, love you in the summertime? Google isn't helping. I may be imagining this, then.

I am set on this vodka watermelon though. I don't even eat watermelon otherwise.
Wine in the mornin', and some breakfast at night.
Well, I'm beginning to see the light.

Tipsy McStagger
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Posts: 6203
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:43 am
Location: Catain Hooks

Post by Tipsy McStagger »

What I would do is get some Smirnoff Watermelon Twist Vodka, some Pucker's Watermelon and mix them together in a shaker filled with ice. Pour that som'bitch into a martini glass and garnish with thar watermelon.
On more than one occassion this conversation has led to a handful of boob."
~Oggar

Mayhem
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie
Posts: 21880
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 11:21 am
Location: Well, duh.

Post by Mayhem »

Tipsy McStagger wrote:What I would do is get some Smirnoff Watermelon Twist Vodka, some Pucker's Watermelon and mix them together in a shaker filled with ice. Pour that som'bitch into a martini glass and garnish with thar watermelon.
Can't I just get Ketel One, some Starbucks liquour and milk and make a White Russian?
Drink your fucking drink, how about that? Stop the fuckin' presses, isn't it genius??
Casino

Image

****
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Posts: 6054
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:47 pm

Re: Vodka watermelon

Post by **** »

anichka wrote:I couldn't resist buying the cutest little watermelon when I was at the supermarket today, and I am tempted to try this combination for the first time. Opinions or advice?
here's what i did with mine...
it's best to bore a hole in the side of the melon, slightly bigger than the mouth of your bottle. power drills/screw guns use less effort than knives and/or slave labor. feel free to do some shots of the vodka while you work. invert the bottle so it stands on it's own, upside down, in the fruit.
put your melon in the fridge for about a day, remove the bottle, and serve as you normally would.

if, however, power tools are not an otion, you can always split the melon in half, then pour the vodka over it. cover with plastic wrap and chill for a few hours, until the vodka marinates the melon.

btw, be careful when you begin eating it. when i did this, i was really hungry and forgot how strong my booze was. (i used everclear.) i was awake, but lost the ability to speak or move for about two hours. it was beautiful.

Kegdrainer
Self-Imposed Exile
Self-Imposed Exile
Posts: 1557
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2003 1:41 am
Location: Rochester NY

Post by Kegdrainer »

Use a knife, try to cut a round hole so you can remove it like a plug. After you invert the bottle into the hole, and drain it completely into the melon, put the plug back in and let it sit in your fridge for a couple days

If you are really motivated you can try to shellac the plug back in and let it sit for a month. THen it will be really tasty
And super heroes come to feast. To taste the flesh not yet deceased and all I know is still the beast is feeding.
Image

massivedrunk
Moderator
Posts: 6775
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:39 pm
Location: In an elevator, writing my manifest.

Post by massivedrunk »

Kegdrainer wrote:Use a knife, try to cut a round hole so you can remove it like a plug. After you invert the bottle into the hole, and drain it completely into the melon, put the plug back in and let it sit in your fridge for a couple days

If you are really motivated you can try to shellac the plug back in and let it sit for a month. THen it will be really tasty
He has a point, but wax works just fine as well.
Still just figuring it all out. Still not really figuring it out.

User avatar
Rooster
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Posts: 6462
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:33 pm
Location: Noo Yawk

Post by Rooster »

I can contribute nothing to this thread except to say, it works well for cherries as well. I've got three bottles in my fridge that have been soaking for over a year.

Jukebox Johnson
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Posts: 3079
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: In Absentia

Post by Jukebox Johnson »

I never though she was asking how to spike a watermelon. I thought she had an impulse-bought watermelon and some vodka and wanted a drink right ficking now. I will repeat that vodka on the rocks with melon slices on a plate nearby is VERY tatsy.
The greater our knowledge increases, the greater our ignorance unfolds.

RIPT

Post by RIPT »

For christs sake. Who has the time to wait 24 hrs for a spiked watermelon?

That's juvenile at best anyway.

Like Jukebox said, cut the fucker up. shove it in a blender, add vodka, mulch. DONE!

Either that or just eat the friggin melon while drinking the vodka!

****
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Posts: 6054
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:47 pm

Post by **** »

Lord RIPT wrote:For christs sake. Who has the time to wait 24 hrs for a spiked watermelon?

That's juvenile at best anyway.

Like Jukebox said, cut the fucker up. shove it in a blender, add vodka, mulch. DONE!

Either that or just eat the friggin melon while drinking the vodka!
people who plan ahead and buy some bottles to drink while it marinates, that's who.
i ate mine for breakfast.

Post Reply