Supply Shortages in Calgary Liquors Feared

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

LordNeuf
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Supply Shortages in Calgary Liquors Feared

Post by LordNeuf »

I know I'm a newsie, I can't help it, I'm a journalist, I'm in school to research news.

Well here's more news for ya.

http://calsun.canoe.ca/News/Alberta/200 ... 9-sun.html

A battle is brewing between Calgary's liquor sellers and the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission over late shipments which may leave some shelves bare this long weekend.

And while Paul Dhillon, owner of Stampede Liquor Co. who's suing the government for $250,000 over the booze boondoggle, says he should have no problem making it to holiday Monday, others warn they may have to turn thirsty customers away.

The province's shipping system has gotten so bad, Teginder Dhaliwal, owner of Somerset Liquor Store Inc., 16329 Somercrest St. S.W., said he had to buy about $400 worth of stock from Superstore yesterday to make up for what he's missing.

"Last time my delivery was six days late, other times five, sometimes two or three days, so they don't know what they're doing," Dhaliwal said, adding he may also pursue legal action.

Meanwhile, Dhillon warns his $250,000 pricetag -- the amount he said he's lost since June -- on his company's grievance with the government could go higher if the logjam persists.
---

So yeah, if you're in Alberta, you might wanna stock up.
Image Image
"If She Don't Kill Me, The Whiskey Will"