"Hi I'm shampooing carpets for free this week..."

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Judge

"Hi I'm shampooing carpets for free this week..."

Post by Judge »

Yeah, I just had them installed but she had an answer for everything. I said "no" several times. She finally left.

I can only remember that she was about 24 and had a pierced tongue.

Is that bad?
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

Mongeaux
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Mongeaux »

No but after she's done your rug you can offer to do hers. It's simple courtesty.

Tit-for-tat

Judge

Post by Judge »

Mongeaux wrote:No but after she's done your rug you can offer to do hers. It's simple courtesty.

Tit-for-tat
(rim shot)

well played

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

Rooster
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Rooster »

You should have sent her over to ladyred's, who has a tiger-shaped clean spot surrounded by a conspicuous stain on the floor.

BeerMakesMeSmart
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by BeerMakesMeSmart »

Well, better her animal than her dad.
I'll miss you, pallie.

Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Crystal »

Rooster wrote:You should have sent her over to ladyred's, who has a tiger-shaped clean spot surrounded by a conspicuous stain on the floor.
Dude, nothing was on the carpet. Our floors are DISGUSTING though! You really should have sent her by. She could have cleaned the front room. Just in time, too. Our lease is up in two weeks.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
GFYCMD- Go Fuck Yourself, Captain Mike Davis.

Phirefighter
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Phirefighter »

LadyRed wrote:
Rooster wrote:You should have sent her over to ladyred's, who has a tiger-shaped clean spot surrounded by a conspicuous stain on the floor.
Dude, nothing was on the carpet. Our floors are DISGUSTING though! You really should have sent her by. She could have cleaned the front room. Just in time, too. Our lease is up in two weeks.
Perfect time to move into a new house and have a housewarming party!
"Ten thousand dollars! With that kind of money we could be millionaires!" -- Homer Simpson
HappyDrunk wrote: I could only be more scary drunk and in a moving object!

http://www.myspace.com/rockd

RIPT

Post by RIPT »

Hey, stop making fun of vacuum cleaner Salespeople!

I was one once.

Yes, that's right. Your's truly, Dr. Congeniality once made his living selling Kirby Vacuum Cleaners house to house.

It was our job to offer free carpet/furniture shampoos as long as the Customer agreed to listen to our pitch.

And before you laugh at the thought of me doing this sort of thing successfully, I'll have you know that I was one of only 2 people in my initial training class of 27 people that actually had the ability to go out and make people pay me stupid money for a vacuum cleaner! The rest washed out inside of 2 weeks.

I paid the rent by doing this for 6 months and averaged about $400 a week. Considering the fact that my rent was only $150/month at the time and this was 1985, that wasn't bad money.

You can do anything if you're desperate enough for beer money.

To tell you the truth, I kind of liked the job. I made money entertaining lonely house wives. Can you beat that?

I even had a couple of Customers get me drunk while I made them pay me $900 for a fucking vacuum!

ruiner
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by ruiner »

BeerMakesMeSmart wrote:Well, better her animal than her dad.
says you.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Judge

Post by Judge »

ruiner wrote:
says you.
Boy I am going to sit on you one day.

CPE1704TKS

ruiner
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by ruiner »

JudgeLyonell wrote:
ruiner wrote:
says you.
Boy I am going to sit on you one day.

hell, you could probably sit on me now!
You see in this world there are two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Crystal »

Get a room, you two!
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
GFYCMD- Go Fuck Yourself, Captain Mike Davis.

Scotty
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Scotty »

Dr. RIPT wrote:Hey, stop making fun of vacuum cleaner Salespeople!

I was one once.

Yes, that's right. Your's truly, Dr. Congeniality once made his living selling Kirby Vacuum Cleaners house to house.

It was our job to offer free carpet/furniture shampoos as long as the Customer agreed to listen to our pitch.

And before you laugh at the thought of me doing this sort of thing successfully, I'll have you know that I was one of only 2 people in my initial training class of 27 people that actually had the ability to go out and make people pay me stupid money for a vacuum cleaner! The rest washed out inside of 2 weeks.

I paid the rent by doing this for 6 months and averaged about $400 a week. Considering the fact that my rent was only $150/month at the time and this was 1985, that wasn't bad money.

To tell you the truth, I kind of liked the job. I made money entertaining lonely house wives. Can you beat that?

I even had a couple of Customers get me drunk while I made them pay me $900 for a fucking vacuum!
But did you get laid? Everything else is moot.

Rooster
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Rooster »

Scotty wrote:
Dr. RIPT wrote:Hey, stop making fun of vacuum cleaner Salespeople!

I was one once.

But did you get laid? Everything else is moot.
Thankfully Scotty is here to bring the topic back into sharp focus.

ruiner
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by ruiner »

my mom bought one of those kirby pieces of shit for a thousand dollars once. thank god my dad is a good man.