Wet Gin

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Gin McGuinness
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Wet Gin

Post by Gin McGuinness »

It's pissing down with rain and has been since 1500 today. Of course I rode my bike to work.... by the time I got home, I was dripping as if I had taken a shower with my clothes on and not just from rain but from the stuff my bike was throwing all over me! Small Fry met me at the door and proceeded to bring articles to me: beach towel, laundry basket and an ice cold STELLA! Stella is my lovely friend now (next to Small Fry since she did the leg work for me)! Small Fry even held my Stella while I was in the shower. My little future drunkard loves me! CHEERS!
"Personally I prefer the buzz between 'all is good and well in the universe with this glass' drunk and 'IM A FUCKING VIKING!' drunk." Impish Boozehound

Rob
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rob »

I thought this thread was about Dutch Genever or something. Well, Cheers! I need to get me one of those small fry's too.

greygoose
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Wet Gin

Post by greygoose »

Gin McGuinness wrote:It's pissing down with rain and has been since 1500 today. Of course I rode my bike to work.... by the time I got home, I was dripping as if I had taken a shower with my clothes on and not just from rain but from the stuff my bike was throwing all over me! Small Fry met me at the door and proceeded to bring articles to me: beach towel, laundry basket and an ice cold STELLA! Stella is my lovely friend now (next to Small Fry since she did the leg work for me)! Small Fry even held my Stella while I was in the shower. My little future drunkard loves me! CHEERS!
Somewhere, there's guys reading this and don't have their hands on the keyboard.
Last edited by greygoose on Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
why is my moral compass always pointed east? that's the direction of the nearest liquor store.

Gin McGuinness
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Wet Gin

Post by Gin McGuinness »

Grey Goose wrote:Somewhere, there's guys reading this and don't have their hands on the keyboard.
oh feck... I didn't think about that... STELLA!
"Personally I prefer the buzz between 'all is good and well in the universe with this glass' drunk and 'IM A FUCKING VIKING!' drunk." Impish Boozehound

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

mmmm... Gin...

tipsyguzano
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by tipsyguzano »

And now... Dry Gin! Small Fry sounds awesome, btw

Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Crystal »

I was sitting there trying to figure out what a wet gin would be..
I first thought of a wet martini, then I just got confused.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
GFYCMD- Go Fuck Yourself, Captain Mike Davis.

Rob
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rob »

LadyRed wrote:I was sitting there trying to figure out what a wet gin would be..
Something like this:
http://www.internetwines.com/rws28415.html

Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Crystal »

Rob wrote:
LadyRed wrote:I was sitting there trying to figure out what a wet gin would be..
Something like this:
http://www.internetwines.com/rws28415.html
OOOoooh!! That sounds good! A hint of pear, you say?!?
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
GFYCMD- Go Fuck Yourself, Captain Mike Davis.

tipsyguzano
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by tipsyguzano »

Hmm.. Sounds good. I love making pear wine. Mom asked if I started any this year, said no but I'd poached some pears. In wine. Any credit??

Cappy
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Cappy »

Not rly. I'm out on Gin Crew, although I will admit, first thing I drank was mom's beefeater's 1L

Bender!
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Bender! »

Buy some fenders. It'll cut down on the backwash that your bike slings on you by like 90%.

tipsyguzano
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by tipsyguzano »

Welcome Cappy.
Spent many a year in H-Berg. Love to hear f the recent scene.
Now a round on you, new dude. I'll take a mason jar of EW black, thank you very much! Cheers

Gin McGuinness
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Gin McGuinness »

bender! wrote:Buy some fenders. It'll cut down on the backwash that your bike slings on you by like 90%.
I thought about this... but worried what fenders on my bike would look like. Hopefully if I won the bid, I'll be getting a '63 cherry red Vespa (with sidecar) in a couple of months. Then I'm ditching the mountain bike!

Barca

Post by Barca »

I thought this was about Beefeater's Wet too.

I've recommended it several times on this board. It's really delicious, thought not quintessentially gin-flavored. The gin is light and very light on the herbals and aromatics, but the hint of pear is absolutely delicious. I don't even like pears. Good liquor stores most places should have it, and I know, Lady Red, you should be able to find it in North Cal.
Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. - Henry Lawson