blackout like overpass

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

incognito
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

blackout like overpass

Post by incognito »

That overpass story was messed up. No way could I feel at ease the next day if I had done that. So, kudos to you for taking it in stride.

One morning I woke up in my chair and my face was hurting. I got up and when I looked down at my legs there was blood all over them. On my way to the bathroom to look in the mirror I noticed my arms were all scratched up like my legs. When I looked in the mirror I had a big scrape like roadrash down one side of my face starting at one side of my eye. I went out through the garage and one of the doors was patailly pulled up with about 3 or 4 inches of open space. I started putting parts of the evening together and I remember my friend driving me home from the pub. Fortunately I knew I was gong to tie one on so I arranged a ride to the pub and home. I believe I couldn't coherently find my key and tried to get in through the garage door. I was apparently able to lift a few inches up, breaking/bending the automatic opener arm and part of the door. I believe I tried as hard as my drunk ass could to slide under the space available and got scratched up in the process. I think some of the other injuries came from falling through an open window in the back that I sometimes climb through when I loose my key or lock myself out. Anyway, I managed to make it in. When my wife got home from being out of town I cooked up this story about a bicycle wreck but she was giving me that look when and after I told her. I think the fact that she found some sort of pool of liquid (I assume piss) that I overlooked in the kitchen made things even more hard to believe. Well, all of that has blown over now and hopefully I won't pull another one of those nights.
"Follow me into the desert as thirsty as you are, crack a smile and cut your mouth and drown in alcohol."

by Soundgarden