Random Question

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Hangover Heartattack
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Random Question

Post by Hangover Heartattack »

This whole liquor stores closing early Sunday bullshit..anyone know where this comes from? And more importantly, why does it still go on. Any thoughts? Any thoughts at all.

Linkster
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Linkster »

The owners don't want to stay up til your drunk mehaps?
"I'm just a Lesbian trapped in a mans body" - TAP'

"I haven't dropped my toilet in the phone for years" -- Z

freedom's just another word for nothing left but booze - WhiskeyPrick

Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Crystal »

They don't close early here.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
GFYCMD- Go Fuck Yourself, Captain Mike Davis.

Leftboston
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Location: Queen Creek, before there was mexicans We had German POWs working farms

Re: Random Question

Post by Leftboston »

Stumbles von Helvete wrote:This whole liquor stores closing early Sunday bullshit..anyone know where this comes from? And more importantly, why does it still go on. Any thoughts? Any thoughts at all.
Walt disney comes on at 7PM

ech0s
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by ech0s »

Stumbles von Helvete wrote:This whole liquor stores closing early Sunday bullshit..anyone know where this comes from? And more importantly, why does it still go on. Any thoughts? Any thoughts at all.

not getting any sympathy here- our liquor stores aren't even open on Sundays...putting the blue in Blue Laws.
"I always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of a snakebite. Further more, I always carry a small snake" F. Scott Fitzgerald
"Moderation is a fatal thing - nothing succeeds like excess" Oscar Wilde
http://www.myspace.com/2echos

ruiner
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by ruiner »

ech0s wrote:

not getting any sympathy here- our liquor stores aren't even open on Sundays...putting the blue in Blue Laws.
recently the blue laws were mostly repealed here. RI still has em though. liquor stores here can now open on sunday, and stay open to the usual maximum time, 11pm. most close at 6 though. cept holidays of course. xmas, thanxgiving, memorial day, and labor day, they are closed. open on the 4th for some reason.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Rob
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rob »

It doens't matter, just stock up. I'm all out of bourbon but I did find some rum and vodka because I usually keep some bottles of the stuff I don't drink very often around. So it's no problem. Organize drunkards, organize!

Fast Cast
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Fast Cast »

ruiner wrote:
ech0s wrote:

recently the blue laws were mostly repealed here. RI still has em though. liquor stores here can now open on sunday, and stay open to the usual maximum time, 11pm. most close at 6 though. cept holidays of course. xmas, thanxgiving, memorial day, and labor day, they are closed. open on the 4th for some reason.
What are we, chopped meat?

CT is closed every Sunday, every holiday, and by 9pm any other day. Most packies close at 8pm Mon-Thurs and stay open until 9pm Fri and Sat.
I just wish there were some actual drunkards around here who can handle themselves like adults while still acting like retards - liquor&poker

ech0s
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by ech0s »

ruiner wrote:
ech0s wrote:

Alas, not Texas- we have until 9pm Mon-Sat...well, if you're not in a dry city. Hoping a few of those Libertarian votes might change that, in a few decades, heh.
"I always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of a snakebite. Further more, I always carry a small snake" F. Scott Fitzgerald
"Moderation is a fatal thing - nothing succeeds like excess" Oscar Wilde
http://www.myspace.com/2echos

Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Crystal »

Sun-Sat 6am-2am
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
GFYCMD- Go Fuck Yourself, Captain Mike Davis.

Gin McGuinness
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Gin McGuinness »

as long as 7/11 is open we have booze
"Personally I prefer the buzz between 'all is good and well in the universe with this glass' drunk and 'IM A FUCKING VIKING!' drunk." Impish Boozehound

ruiner
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by ruiner »

Fast Cast wrote:
ruiner wrote:
ech0s wrote:
What are we, chopped meat?

CT is closed every Sunday, every holiday, and by 9pm any other day. Most packies close at 8pm Mon-Thurs and stay open until 9pm Fri and Sat.
spend a lot of sundays in new hampshire? i used to.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

greygoose
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by greygoose »

Sweet. Can we have yet another thread about this?
why is my moral compass always pointed east? that's the direction of the nearest liquor store.

ruiner
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by ruiner »

would you like to know what im listenin to? or see a picture of a cat?

MethFront
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by MethFront »

ruiner wrote:or see a picture of a cat?
Be safe everyone.