Busted those assholes at Applebee's

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Judge

Busted those assholes at Applebee's

Post by Judge »

Had to take the LR and Mrs. out for dinner. They didn't want to go to the local cuz they wanted different food.

I had the large Sam Adams. Crystal had some kind of cranberry drink. The Mrs. had the "large screwdriver". Both of their drinks came in "goblets" and the Mrs. wasn't too fond of hers as it tasted like orange juice. So next round she ordered the "regular" sized drink with a shot of vodka on the side.

Realize the large cost a dollar more than the regular. The shot cost 4.50.

When it arrived in it's frosty glass (fake frosty as it stayed that way after it was warm) I looked at the volume of the pint glass the regular came in and the empty goblet. I poured the ice out of the goblet into LR's half empty and them poured the regular in to the large. It filled the whole goblet. HMMMMM.

An extra buck? The waitress came over and thought they gave her a large by mistake. I educated her. She seemed embarrassed.

Here's the total:

Large Screwdriver: $5.25
Regular Screwdriver: $4.25

Shot of Vodka: $4.25

Long Island (Large) $7.50

My local:

Mixed drink: $3.50 (it's really a double shot...barely any OJ)
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

Judge

Post by Judge »

Oh. And a Killian's Red is five bucks!!!! In a bottle!!!

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

preston s. brooks
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by preston s. brooks »

ugh. drink at home. who can stomach those prices?
rum, romanism and rebellion!

Judge

Post by Judge »

preston s. brooks wrote:ugh. drink at home. who can stomach those prices?
It was a therapy session. It's still going on at reduced prices.

CPE1704TKS

Saturn
Banned From the Pub
Banned From the Pub

Post by Saturn »

Have you ever been eating at Applebee's, looked around and thought to yourself, "Why am I eating this Godforsaken Applebee's food alongside all of the mindless chattle that's easily herded toward this hog trough by bad advertising?"

And if you've ever had such a thought, have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe, you owe the purveyors and customers of the Applebee's family a sincere apology?
I Give Thanks For Inspiration It Guides My Mind Along The Way
A Lot Of People Get Jealous, They're Talking About Me
But That's Just 'Cause They Haven't Got A Thing To Say

Leftboston
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Location: Queen Creek, before there was mexicans We had German POWs working farms

Post by Leftboston »

You might as well be drinking at the airport.

fiyah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by fiyah »

Every time Applebee's is mentioned, I think of that guy that left a $10k tip for a bartender, and wonder "wtf was he thinking?"

Sounds like it would cost an arm and leg to get a good buzz in there... Then again, its a family restaurant; they probably dont want any of our ilk there..
22:21 Thirsty i was too drunk to be high
[13:22] <@Veen> I need to find the penis monster
[23:03] <@fabric> dont masturbate to me

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

That's horrible. Like they're not making enough money overcharging on the food, let alone the drinks.
BTW, I know some people who work at Appleby's and they tell me that the riblet special is just meat compressed onto bones that usually get sold to Alpo.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Leftboston
Location: Queen Creek, before there was mexicans We had German POWs working farms

Post by Leftboston »

I don't like applebees but I have been comp'd more there than any chain for bad service or food fuckups. No questions, Mgr comes over wipes your meal off the bill and buys you a beer.

Rooster
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Rooster »

Buybacks at the bar.

All I'm sayin...

swingbozo
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by swingbozo »

Frapplebees? Let's see, a left to the local, a right to the smarmy baloney chain restaurant. Hmmmm....
Booze is the answer to life's questions.

Judge

Post by Judge »

swingbozo wrote:Frapplebees? Let's see, a left to the local, a right to the smarmy baloney chain restaurant. Hmmmm....
Listen pal, I'm dealing with women, a full fucking moon (and everything that might entail-"a nod's as good as a wink to a blind man") and they want fucking Applebee's. I guess I'm eating at fucking Applebee's. But I kept the receipt, for next time. So there won't be no more next time. This is the last time.

God love Louie Prima.

CPE1704TKS

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

last time i went to applebee's, the food sucked, the service sucked, and the prices were too high. i complained. the offered me a gift certificate. my only question? to where?

greygoose
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by greygoose »

I'm sure I'll catch flak here, but what the hell.

Is Applebee's continental cuisine? No.
Is Applebee's a place where you can go and not have to spend an inordinate amount of time pondering their offerings? Yes.
Is Applebee's the only restaurant where some of you have experienced shitty service and order screw-ups? If you're honest, the answer is a resounding 'no'.

You can say that Applebee's, Chili's, Friday's, etc. have 'dumbed-down' going out to eat all you want but when I want to go somewhere that I know will provide me with decent service and decent food at a decent price-point, I'll hit Applebee's.

The drink prices Judge spoke of may be the result of a high-dollar market (i.e. San Diego).
why is my moral compass always pointed east? that's the direction of the nearest liquor store.

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

Add O'Charlies to your list.

Such places are the reason the flask was invented.
This is the kind of sharing we need to share.
- Dirty Lou