My Female Prison Penpal

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Lushlife
Banned From the Pub
Banned From the Pub

Post by Lushlife »

Okay, I buckled down and actually did read the entire thread this time. I am totally impressed by Rooster's reply and echo it. You should encourage her maybe to seek out some sort of "half way" house when she gets out. A place that will help her assimilate back into the community in a positive way. Offer moral support, friendship, but probably nothing "materialistic" right now. Being someone to lean on as a friend to vent to and for level-headed advice is extremely valuable in ways that truly matter.

greygoose
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by greygoose »

Just my 2 cents.

1. She's in for burglary, not murder.

2. Is she hot? I know that comes across as callous, but you're carrying on correspondence with her. People on a downward slide can go from glam to slam in a few years. Not saying that's the case, just sayin'.

3. If you're thinking about just offering her a bed, other than your own, to help get her on her feet - insert tab A into slot B. She's going to be dying to show her gratitude to you. How it goes from there is how you respond to those advances.

4. If you're reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally thinking about letting her stay at your place and developing a relationship, I wish you the best of luck. You'll have to be supportive (remember, she's been in the joint and adjusting to the world sometimes doesn't sit so well with ex-cons). Since she was in for burglary, I'd probably stow my valuables someplace off-premises at least until you know you can trust her.
why is my moral compass always pointed east? that's the direction of the nearest liquor store.

Grace O'Malley
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Grace O'Malley »

Yep, what Rooster and Lushie said. Talk with her, be an ear and a shoulder, but that's all.
Mayhem is everywhere.

Iron_Curtain_Bender
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Iron_Curtain_Bender »

Not to make light of this, not at all. And I'm not suggesting any advice at all.

However, this thread reminds me of a beautiful theme song of the Australian TV series, "Prisoner", about an Australian women's prison.

I'm not suggesting any advice about what to do. But I AM saying, there are some very good women with good hearts, in prison. And here is a beautiful Australian song about that:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VDqI8ogVzbM

Ano
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Ano »

I think theres easier ways of getting laid than writing letters to people in the clink. Still, im guessing she used to be hot which is why you started so maybe you should test the waters with a conjugal visit

douger 2.0
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by douger 2.0 »

Its best to avoid meth heads. At all costs.

She may have been a really nice girl 15 yrs or so ago, but now she's a meth addict. I don't feel comfortable passing out at night with these kind of people even near my house, let alone inside it.

By the way,
Did you here about them drinking their own piss?!?
http://wcco.com/topstories/local_story_033094010.html

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

Re: My Female Prison Penpal

Post by waahoohah »

bombardier wrote: Our hometown, Grand Island, Nebraska, is not a place that you want to become a townie. It's a socioeconomic death sentence.
As someone who lived in Kearney, Nebraska for five years, I can testify that truer words were never spoken.
The town isn't on an island, and it sure as hell isn't grand. It's a cesspool.
Get her out of there. In fact, this goes for everybody: if you know someone that lives in or near Grand Island, GET THEM OUT OF THERE!
"Beginner's luck is only possible if you try."

-Lee Harvey Oswald

G_W
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by G_W »

I'd see about conjugal visits first.
steved wrote:Proof is just information.
"We're all in a freak show. It's called life. Buy a ticket and enjoy the ride." - Foamy the Squirrel

bombardier
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by bombardier »

Trebek wrote:
O'ampersand wrote:
Professor Roomie wrote:How is this booze related?
cause he was drinking while writing those letters...it was implied
No, he's deployed, and probably can't drink enough. See people, this is the danger of undrunkeness
It's true. I can't drink enough. Everynight I do my shot of nyquil, and three Carlsberg's. For a little while, I had a case of Natural Ice to augment my drinking. My friends have also sent a handle of cheap vodka that hasn't arrived yet.

Being limited in this way has also decreased my tolerance. Which might be helpful. Before I left home, I had significant credit card debt from buying a top shelf bottle of vodka every few days.

bombardier
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by bombardier »

Hot Lips Houlihan wrote:Too drunk to read through this entire thread (well, quite honestly, even the entire post). But you're from Grand Island? Do you know where Seward is? I went to college there.
Don't tell me you went to Concordia.

bombardier
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by bombardier »

grey goose wrote:Just my 2 cents.

1. She's in for burglary, not murder.

2. Is she hot? I know that comes across as callous, but you're carrying on correspondence with her. People on a downward slide can go from glam to slam in a few years. Not saying that's the case, just sayin'.

3. If you're thinking about just offering her a bed, other than your own, to help get her on her feet - insert tab A into slot B. She's going to be dying to show her gratitude to you. How it goes from there is how you respond to those advances.

4. If you're reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally thinking about letting her stay at your place and developing a relationship, I wish you the best of luck. You'll have to be supportive (remember, she's been in the joint and adjusting to the world sometimes doesn't sit so well with ex-cons). Since she was in for burglary, I'd probably stow my valuables someplace off-premises at least until you know you can trust her.
2. She was extremely hot four years ago. I don't mean to come across as callous, but if she was ugly, I wouldn't have cared enough to write her.

3. The house I bought has four bedrooms. I was going to let her live in the smallest one for a nomial fee or some kind of bartering system (she cleans or something) until she is making enough money to move out.

4. I don't want a relationship with her, atleast not now. I don't know if you can have a normal relationship with an ex-con.
I'll probably keep all my valuables locked up in my room. I plan on buying cheap furniture and other stuff because it's going to be a party house eventually. I don't want to see anything get destroyed that I really care about.

Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by ***** »

Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!

If you want to help her, be her/find her a sponsor for NA. Be a friend, but not a roommate, as issues that crop up between roommates are going to drive a wedge into your friendship.

She's alone, lonely, and scared. A stand-up guy who has things going for him comes along out of the blue. If a knight in shining armor ever rode up, it's you pallie. Don't get too close. Give her a long period of undrunkenness before getting romantic because you aren't just risking your heart, you're risking your financial security. She's a recidivist--you think she isn't getting drugs on the inside?

Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Crystal »

I say keep it strictly to letters. Don't see her. Don't get involved. She's going to suck you in and spit you out.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
GFYCMD- Go Fuck Yourself, Captain Mike Davis.

Fast Cast
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Fast Cast »

If you don't have anything pawnable in your house, and have a fireproof safe to secure all your personal information, then go for it. She's a meth addict, so she should be easy. Plus, her teeth should be falling out soon, so if you've never had a gum job then don't discount that fact.

I believe it was best said in a Monty Python movie: "Runaway, runaway!!!"
I just wish there were some actual drunkards around here who can handle themselves like adults while still acting like retards - liquor&poker

Saturn
Banned From the Pub
Banned From the Pub

Post by Saturn »

Bombardier,

I have previously worked as a correctional officer in Texas. One of the positions I worked gave me access to the inmates' travel cards which are basically short profiles of the inmates: appearance, history, etc.

The prison I worked at kept female inmates overnight on their way from the Gatesville prisons to the hospital in Galveston.

Looking at 1,000's of these female inmates' travel cards I discerned a fairly obvious pattern. Almost 100% of these women had at least two of three factors in their history: abused as a child, hard drug abuse(heroin, crack, meth), and/or prostitution.

I'll lay even odds this woman you're corresponding with has a similar history. Seriously man, you do not want to deal with that kind of baggage.

If you're desperate enough to consider keeping a relationship going with this woman just so you can get laid, you don't have to be. PM me and I'll direct you toward some tried and true information concerning bagging chicks. Chicks that aren't baggage carrying, prostituting addicts.
I Give Thanks For Inspiration It Guides My Mind Along The Way
A Lot Of People Get Jealous, They're Talking About Me
But That's Just 'Cause They Haven't Got A Thing To Say