I love...

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Goose-Wingman
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

I love...

Post by Goose-Wingman »

... you people.

Is two bottles of wine too much on a week night? It helps me think of kooky stuff for my kooky job, but I'm kookily afraid I might not live till 40.

Answers on an email.

Also, advertising sucks, but it pays for my booze. What a conunununundrem...
Do not trust words - Someone's door

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

No, two bottles is not too much. Unless it causes to to not be funtional on a regular basis. Part of being a Modern Drunkard is the ability to remain functional.
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

Diabetic Daredevil
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Diabetic Daredevil »

Well said Bluto. I will start to worry when I can't haul my fat ass to work because of my boozin on a regular basis.
It's okay. He's just admiring the shape of your skull. - Dr. Gonzo

Ow, my left nut! - Doug McKenzie

BILL BRASKY!!!!!!!

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Tom T Hall wrote:I love little baby ducks, old pick-up trucks, slow-moving trains, and rain
I love little country streams, sleep without dreams, sunday school in may,
And hay
And I love you too

I love leaves in the wind, pictures of my friends, birds in the world, and squirrels
I love coffee in a cup, little fuzzy pups, bourbon in a glass, and grass and I love you too

I love honest open smiles, kisses from a child, tomatoes on the vine, and onions
I love winners when they cry, losers when they try, music when its good, and life
And I love you too
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

fdoosey
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by fdoosey »

I love lamp!

Fred O'Lisby
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Fred O'Lisby »

Two magnums might be a problem if you plan on driving in the morning. Two little bottles is just a good night.
Earlie Cuyler: Allow me to explain the contamination process. Pine cones go in here, party liquors comes out here and proceed to here.
[points to mouth]
Earlie Cuyler: Fights begin, finger prints are took, days is lost, bail is made, court dates are ignored, cycle is repeated.

lanternchikk
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by lanternchikk »

I agree with Bluto. And I think being a good, functional drunk is something to be proud of.
Die Götter sind besoffen, der Olymp ist vollgekotzt.

drivinwest
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by drivinwest »

Oh hells no. One bottle of vino gives me a mild buzz right on the edge of pissing me off. Two is a perfect, nice mellow drunk.

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

Post by waahoohah »

So, you work in advertising?
If so, then I'd say that two bottles on a weeknight isn't even a proper start, judging by the commercials I've seen lately...
Oh, and I used to be in the direct mail end of that business. My advice is to get out while you still have a soul.
"Beginner's luck is only possible if you try."

-Lee Harvey Oswald

Gin McGuinness
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: I love...

Post by Gin McGuinness »

Goose-Wingman wrote:It helps me think of kooky stuff for my kooky job
I know this feeling well. My best work is done after a glass or two of anything. Funny enough, I pick up most of my clients/patients from parties. It's a living when the governement actually lets me go back to work.
"Personally I prefer the buzz between 'all is good and well in the universe with this glass' drunk and 'IM A FUCKING VIKING!' drunk." Impish Boozehound

dez
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by dez »

Hell no it isn't too much!

Wait, you said two boxes, right?
If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.
- Catherine Aird

Goose-Wingman
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Goose-Wingman »

waahoohah wrote:So, you work in advertising?
If so, then I'd say that two bottles on a weeknight isn't even a proper start, judging by the commercials I've seen lately...
Oh, and I used to be in the direct mail end of that business. My advice is to get out while you still have a soul.
Yeah, I've been thinking that. The thing is, it's not hard, and it's a lot better than my last job. I'm young (-ish: 24), so I only feel like I'm renting my soul. I'll never get branded... That's for account people and management types. I know I'm a copywriting minion, and the minute I hear the words 'creative', 'marketing mix' or - especially, God I hate it - 'synergy', I immediately go to my happy place. And my sarcastic, misanthropic place. They are the same.

I'm working at the retail end too - DM and press ads, nothing 'above the line' (goddam hippies). There are so many ridiculous people, but I like the writers and designers. I'm gathering so much material for my novel/sitcom.

So what was your next move after advertising???

Goose-Wingman
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Re: I love...

Post by Goose-Wingman »

Gin McGuinness wrote:
Goose-Wingman wrote:It helps me think of kooky stuff for my kooky job
I know this feeling well. My best work is done after a glass or two of anything. Funny enough, I pick up most of my clients/patients from parties. It's a living when the governement actually lets me go back to work.
Definitely. Drink can only help. If only I didn't have to drive a long way to work...

What's your kooky job?

Goose-Wingman
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Goose-Wingman »

Bluto wrote:No, two bottles is not too much. Unless it causes to to not be funtional on a regular basis. Part of being a Modern Drunkard is the ability to remain functional.
I function fine. The thing is, I feel like I can function fine whether I'm at 1/10th strength or all-guns-blazing. Maybe I need a job that needs me to function more, better, more usefully...

I'll worry about that later.

&
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by & »

just don't start breakdancing and you'll be just fine.