"Prohibition Returns!" Reason Magazine

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

"Prohibition Returns!" Reason Magazine

Post by Frankennietzsche »

In November's issue of Reason magazine the cover article is on the return of prohobition by David Harsayani a colmnist from the Denver Post.

The article is adapted from his book Nanny State: How Food Fascists, Teatotalling Good-Doers, Priggish Moralists, ahd Other Boneheaded Bureaucrats Are Turning America Into a Nation of Children.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Two Martini Breakfast
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Two Martini Breakfast »

I subcribe to "Reason" and I thought it was a well-written article. For those of us who have been and do pay close attention to those things, there's not much new information. But it's presented quite well.
I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you could walk these streets of freedom badmouthing Lady America, in your damn mirrored sunglasses!

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Yeah, I'm reading it right now. It's not like something from our patron magazine, but it is interesting.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

Two Martini Breakfast
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

FNZ wrote:Yeah, I'm reading it right now. It's not like something from our patron magazine, but it is interesting.
Well, it's missing the vehement bile and fury.
I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you could walk these streets of freedom badmouthing Lady America, in your damn mirrored sunglasses!

Bluespook
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Bluespook »

Two Martini Breakfast wrote:
FNZ wrote:Yeah, I'm reading it right now. It's not like something from our patron magazine, but it is interesting.
Well, it's missing the vehement bile and fury.

That's what I love most about MDM, they don't take shit from no one.
Beer's just being social. Whiskey's drinkin'.

Two Martini Breakfast
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

It's what hooked me, man.

Hossasaurus Wrecked
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Hossasaurus Wrecked »

Does this "Reason" magazine have a presence on the internet? I'd like to read this article, even if it means ordering a back-issue.

Two Martini Breakfast
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Hossasaurus Wrecked wrote:Does this "Reason" magazine have a presence on the internet? I'd like to read this article, even if it means ordering a back-issue.
Right here man: http://reason.org/

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

I checked their site, but like most magazines, they have the stuff from a past month or so on it (to make you buy the mag.)

http://www.reason.com/

If you can wait, it'll be posted on it in a month or so, or tey a library.

Two Martini Breakfast
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

I could send you some of my back-issues. I keep a couple just because I really like a few of the articles, but many are just kind of hanging out.

Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by ***** »

By degrees, they support MDM. They link to "to the people" which has MDM listed in its favorite sites. It's how I found out about this place.

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

I was a subscriber for a couple years awhile ago. Smart folks over there. They'll use facts, science, and logic to shake up what was thought to be common sense in America in a way that's entertaining to read. It's like if John Stossel had a magazine.

WildDamnTurkey
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: "Prohibition Returns!" Reason Magazine

Post by WildDamnTurkey »

FNZ wrote:In November's issue of Reason magazine the cover article is on the return of prohobition by David Harsayani a colmnist from the Denver Post.

The article is adapted from his book Nanny State: How Food Fascists, Teatotalling Good-Doers, Priggish Moralists, ahd Other Boneheaded Bureaucrats Are Turning America Into a Nation of Children.
can we get a link to the article? It doesn't come up on a site search

BeerMakesMeSmart
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: "Prohibition Returns!" Reason Magazine

Post by BeerMakesMeSmart »

WildDamnTurkey wrote:
FNZ wrote:In November's issue of Reason magazine the cover article is on the return of prohobition by David Harsayani a colmnist from the Denver Post.

can we get a link to the article? It doesn't come up on a site search
I don't think they have current issues on the website.
I'll miss you, pallie.

Two Martini Breakfast
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Articles update online with the next print edition of the magazine.