Made in Mankato

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

SternoBoy
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Re: Made in Mankato

Post by SternoBoy »

I'm bummed that I couldn't make the MOA invasion. My sorry is mitigated by the fact my wife and I spent the previous weekend in Nassau. Swilling drinks with umbrellas on the beach almost makes up for missing out on swilling drinks in Minnesota.

Almost.
I'm drunk and I vote

slushfund
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by slushfund »

ruiner wrote:i'll just say this, when you are as much of a drunken jackass as myself, it really helps to travel with your own giant.
Somehow Ruiner was hammered by 2 pm. (I'm pretty sure the crowning glory was the absinthe, 124 proof - I think he had 3). Me and he and Oggar were walking somewhere (Hooter's I think). He went into Cowboy Bob's Western Wear, picked up a pink cowboy hat, and put it on the head of a Kenny Rogers look-a-like customer, who didn't smack him, like he deserved.

Then he fell asleep at the table in Hooter's (the Newcastle pitchers were tasty, but the Daiquiri was weak). He got up to go smoke a butt, but missed the exit; so Grimace took him, and eventually got him to the hotel shuttle.

But he rebounded, and we later closed "Liquor Lyle's", a well-known and ancient watering hole in town (although none of us recall the cab ride back to the hotel).

On another note, Roomie slept with MOL one night, and Barca the second night. Ruiner slept in the hall outside my room, which was close to his room, only missing by about 10 feet (vertically).

fizzmaster
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by fizzmaster »

I want a thorough report by all involved with pictures.
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. "
-Hunter S. Thompson

http://fermentedfilm.blogspot.com/
http://indiewrasslin.tumblr.com/

bob robertson
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by bob robertson »

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v177/ ... ?start=all

missing some photos and these kinda suck, but it is what it is.

drink reviews will be coming since i am bedridden fron this weekends festivities

brian is the man
josh is the man
mike is the man
crystal has balls that clink
matt is the man
scott is the man
mel has big brass ones too
don sits at the head of the table and is without peer
it was a good weekend
"Only a mediocre person is always at his best." - W. Somerset Maugham

"When you are arguing with a fool, make sure he isn't doing the same thing." - Anonymous

"if your dog is fat, you arent getting enough exercise". - anonymous

"Woe is fucking you...." judge

MeanOldLady
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by MeanOldLady »

slushfund wrote:On another note, Roomie slept with MOL one night, and Barca the second night. Ruiner slept in the hall outside my room, which was close to his room, only missing by about 10 feet (vertically).
and i slept with oggar. i also woke up on monday with $100 in my pocket. not sure how i earned it...
"Vodka is the Harry Potter of Booze, fun at first but ultimately unsatisfying and made for children." -The Lush

"If you can't trust the inner monkey, who can you trust?" -F. Sott Blitzedgerald

"this thread should be called WEAK drunk pics. more people should be bloody and passed out" -old crow

ruiner
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by ruiner »

looking at those pictures, all i can tell you is that i looked like i shouldve. and i lost my hat. within like 2 hours of buying it.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

ruiner
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by ruiner »

oh, and falling asleep in the middle of the hall on the wrong floor of a hotel is easier than it looks. and shockingly, no one bothered me. i rose with the sun, looked around, took bearings, and marched off to the elevator.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

JohnnyT

Post by JohnnyT »

slushfund wrote:On another note, Roomie slept with MOL one night, and Barca the second night.

swingin' in minneapolis

slushfund

Post by slushfund »

JohnnyTequila wrote:
slushfund wrote:On another note, Roomie slept with MOL one night, and Barca the second night.

swingin' in minneapolis
A cab driver told me they had a swinging convention two weeks earlier at a nearby hotel.
i learned, again, that while its not possible to make everyone happy, it is quite easy to make them all unhappy: Ruiner

The difference between kinky and perverse is the difference between using a feather or using the whole chicken: Bundy

Professor Roomie
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Professor Roomie »

JohnnyTequila wrote:

swingin' in minneapolis
They're a good looking couple. I don't feel the need to defend my actions.

On a separate note, I feel that I should warn Ruiner and the Prick that having your own giant is more trouble than it's worth. They do not make good pets.
"You people terrify me. You're like some sort of Unholy Trinity of drunken viking maniacs." - Nil

"You know, I'm surprised that someone who looks like the aging love child of Big Bird and Snuffaluffagus would bring physical appearance into this." - Oggar

It dulls pain, makes the sun shine brighter, and makes boring people more interesting.