Made in Mankato

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

slushfund
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by slushfund »

You ARE the queen of DM. Whatever pleaseth thou...

Judge

Post by Judge »

slushfund wrote:You get there Friday, occupy your room, and then we'll see. I still have to get the costumes. It might be easier if you were to get your own Ewok costume, and bring it. I think Ruiner would look good in a Jabba the Hut costume, especially if he brought one of those wheelchairs we keep hearing about.

We WILL go to the MOA every day; there's (at least) 11 places to drink there.
I see him more as JarJar Binks.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

mjm
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by mjm »

slushfund wrote:You get there Friday, occupy your room, and then we'll see. I still have to get the costumes. It might be easier if you were to get your own Ewok costume, and bring it. I think Ruiner would look good in a Jabba the Hut costume, especially if he brought one of those wheelchairs we keep hearing about.

We WILL go to the MOA every day; there's (at least) 11 (lame) places to drink there.
Fixed.
"It is well to remember that there are five reasons for drinking: the arrival of a friend; one's present or future thirst; the excellence of the wine; or any other reason." -- Latin Proverb

slushfund

Post by slushfund »

mjm wrote:

We WILL go to the MOA every day; there's (at least) 11 (lame) places to drink there.
Fixed.
My only visit to Minneapolis in the past, I toured downtown in a racecar, July 6, 1996. I didn't do too well, but at least I didn't finish last. Also went to your art museum, which had some decent stuff. Now this visit, I'm touring a really big mall with royalty. Wherever we go, it will not be lame, just because we're there.

Speaking of which, now I see Oggar as the Court Jester, and Roomie as the Court Stud. Is Badfellow the wizard?

Her
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

???

Post by Her »

Somehow my posts disappeared into Blackout Village?

I repeat: Thursday to Sunday would work for me, plus I have fun, middle aged drunk women friends there!

See you next weekend Don in case I evaporate again....

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

Post by waahoohah »

I see my definite maybe was eaten by the great blackout.
Well, let me reiterate...
I might be able to do this, depending on my vacation / employment status at the time.
If my current job is the proverbial thin ice, I seem to have broken out the pogo stick this week. This is probably not as bad a thing as it sounds.
Updates will follow.
"Beginner's luck is only possible if you try."

-Lee Harvey Oswald

onthekeg
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by onthekeg »

Now this is enough to drag me out of my slumber. The bummer is that I am planning on going to Vegas that weekend for Bubba the Love Sponge at the HardRock....

Decisions, decisions....

Mallory, how fer sure are you on that maybe??
Tres cervezas satisfacen y un tiro algo que usted odia

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

mjm
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by mjm »

slushfund wrote:
mjm wrote:

Fixed.
My only visit to Minneapolis in the past, I toured downtown in a racecar, July 6, 1996. I didn't do too well, but at least I didn't finish last. Also went to your art museum, which had some decent stuff. Now this visit, I'm touring a really big mall with royalty. Wherever we go, it will not be lame, just because we're there.

Speaking of which, now I see Oggar as the Court Jester, and Roomie as the Court Stud. Is Badfellow the wizard?
Ha! I remember that weekend race. An acquaintance who drinks Grand Marnier like iced tea was in the vintage event in one of his Echidnas. Those are cool machines, but I think he's sold them.

Maybe you could leave the MOA at some point, though. There's a whole city or two to drink in!
"It is well to remember that there are five reasons for drinking: the arrival of a friend; one's present or future thirst; the excellence of the wine; or any other reason." -- Latin Proverb

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

A visit to the Red Dragon is highly recommended while in town. Although I'm sure MJM wouldn't mind a squad of 20 or so Drunkards launching a drinking offensive on the Green Mill. We'll call it the Red/Green Crawl, and it will literally be a crawl after we hit zombies and wonderous punches at the Dragon.

slushfund

Post by slushfund »

Still waiting to hear back from Roomie, Oggar, and Mallory as to when you might want to be sleeping in Minneapolis. I go on the road Wednesday and hope to have most of this nailed down by then. Also, boys, what size T-shirt do you wear (for Wookie suit choice)?

Nice weather...hope it cools off for my visit.

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

mjm wrote: There's a whole city or two to drink in!
I'm not going unless I can sleep with the Asian Sensation and hurl in his toilet.
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

I wear a 3X or 4X shirt.
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

slushfund

Post by slushfund »

Ok, I have heard from the afore mentioned. And spoken to Her. She and I will be arriving Thursday Feb 28 (seperately, she's headed for a boozefest with some old broad brigade...maybe I'll check out the Green Mill...tell me where it is). Then the royalty and the Mankato contingent arrive Friday. We are at the airport Hilton.

There may still be cheap internet rooms available. Any other invaders interested (Mallory will not be attending)?

Her
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Her »

You mean I have lost my roommate??
Going to book my flight this weekend. the best fare I could find was 311 from Boston. I plan to come in Thurs afternoon, maybe even Weds if my drunk chicks tell me they can get time off.
I think we should start at Bubba Gump's.

Mother Goose
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mother Goose »

slushfund wrote:Ok, I have heard from the afore mentioned. And spoken to Her. She and I will be arriving Thursday Feb 28 (seperately, she's headed for a boozefest with some old broad brigade...maybe I'll check out the Green Mill...tell me where it is). Then the royalty and the Mankato contingent arrive Friday. We are at the airport Hilton.

There may still be cheap internet rooms available. Any other invaders interested (Mallory will not be attending)?
Sent you a PM, trying to get logistics.