High Life price increase

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Three words ....

P.....B....R.....
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Fred O'Lisby
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Fred O'Lisby »

I haven't felt the rice increase here, but I am find myself going for Old Milwaukee more and more often anyways. Unfortunately I also have resorted to Milwaukee's Best more than I used to.
Earlie Cuyler: Allow me to explain the contamination process. Pine cones go in here, party liquors comes out here and proceed to here.
[points to mouth]
Earlie Cuyler: Fights begin, finger prints are took, days is lost, bail is made, court dates are ignored, cycle is repeated.

Hossasaurus Wrecked
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Hossasaurus Wrecked »

Fred O'Lisby wrote:I haven't felt the rice increase here, but I am find myself going for Old Milwaukee more and more often anyways. Unfortunately I also have resorted to Milwaukee's Best more than I used to.
Ah, Milwaukee's Beast - the only beer that tastes like the can it comes in

Seriously, how does a beer taste like Aluminum?

Mad Lion
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Mad Lion »

I was buying high life, till I realized pabst was almost 2 dollars cheaper around here. So PBR for me.

Currently coasting on a 24 oz can of Steel reserve, and approximately 12 beers... I've only got 3 left... but it's 5 a.m. so I think that's an o.k. time to call it quits, as much as I'd like to keep going.

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

ruiner wrote:coolest beer mixed drink? the manmosa. high life and OJ. acutally not that bad. not that bad at all.
I've actually had this. No wait, it was High Life and Sparks -- the malt liquor energy drink.

See, I was drinking a 40 of High Life and a hot girl just sort of reached for it and took a sip, and I was like "Ehh, whatever, she's hot. It's cool." So we were sharing. And then she was like "Ohh, let me show you something cool," and dumped a Sparks in there, and I was like "What the fuck? Why did I let this happen? Oh yeah ... she's hot." So I kept drinking.

It wasn't bad. I wouldn't do it independently, but it wasn't bad.
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

massivedrunk

Post by massivedrunk »

coqui_chris wrote:It wasn't bad. I wouldn't do it independently, but it wasn't bad.
You would. And you have.
Still just figuring it all out. Still not really figuring it out.

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

massivedrunk wrote:
coqui_chris wrote:It wasn't bad. I wouldn't do it independently, but it wasn't bad.
You would. And you have.
Them's fightin' words!
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Hossasaurus Wrecked
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Hossasaurus Wrecked »

massivedrunk wrote:
You would. And you have.
I don't have anything of value to add to the thread, but I just thought that massivedrunk's picture demanded a caption.

The first thing I thought of was a commercial in which all of the city's car traffic is jammed up and someone needs to get a message through.

Who ya gonna call?

BIKE PATROL!

Starring...
massivedrunk as the badass bike messenger with a chip on his shoulder
with..(unnamed sidekick)

It's still in development, but I think we could make a pilot out of it.

Al Coholic
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Al Coholic »

grippingthewheel wrote:There is a hops shortage. But then again any good drunkard would know about this past growing season's shortfall. Beer prices are up across the spectrum especially if it tastes like something.
Theres also a malt shortage. With the increased use of ethanol in gas as an alternative energy source, farmers are growing less barley and more corn for ethanol production. All malt based beverages will go up as well as poultry, pork and beef. The killer is that you get worse mileage on either 10% or 80% ethanol gas!
Live every day as if it were your last because one day you're gonna be right!.....David Lee Roth
Binge Responsibly.....Duff Beer Blimp

40oz.
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by 40oz. »

ruiner wrote:coolest beer mixed drink? the manmosa. high life and OJ. acutally not that bad. not that bad at all.
I prefer the "Flo-J", Drink the neck out of a 40 of O.E. and top off with OJ. Gets you to the land in short order.
40 Ounces of Fury!!!