Bricks make me thirsty

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

steved2112
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Bricks make me thirsty

Post by steved2112 »

For my birthday I got a brick thrown through the window of my shop, and three Breedlove acoustics stolen! Not that we needed that $6k for anything. And the damage from flying glass to the Yamahas and Ovations was a nice touch.

I know entrepeneurship is frought with risk, but when we work really hard at building something good for the people, and some bad apples want to ruin it, it's hard not to take it personally.

A customer asked me what happened, and I explained that a patron couldn't wait for us to finish the drive-thru window, so they made their own.

This beer is so, so good.

Raoul_Duke
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Raoul_Duke »

That sucks a lot. Have a drink or three on me tonight.
"Rid the mind of knowledge when looking for pleasure.
Or start thinking and find a lot of pain."
---J. P. Donleavy

Screwball
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: A half foot away from a cat's nutsack. I Gotta get the DevilKat Fixed!

Post by Screwball »

Holy Shit, Man!
That fucking sucks!
I went into alarm and surveillance systems work to catch assholes who do shit like that.

I hate thieves!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

My condolances, Steve. You of all hair-farming geeks do not deserve that bullshit.

A rye whiskey for you, sir.

Screwball
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: A half foot away from a cat's nutsack. I Gotta get the DevilKat Fixed!

Post by Screwball »

Meant to ask ya this earlier but Im a dumbass: Do you have a website for your shop? I might be able to send you some business.

and, Have a Drink on me. Fuck that, have a shitload of Drinks on me.

steved2112
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by steved2112 »

Sonic Screwball wrote:Holy Shit, Man!
That fucking sucks!
I went into alarm and surveillance systems work to catch assholes who do shit like that.

I hate thieves!
Yeah we have that stuff. They were quicker than the squad cars, and made excellent selections. They must have cased us - they passed over much more flashy looking stuff, for guitars you kinda have to know a little something to appreciate.

Oh well. That's why they have insurance. And beer.
I feel like I;' Typing down hill.
-F. Sott Blitzedgerald

BeerMakesMeSmart
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by BeerMakesMeSmart »

Oh man, Steve. That's terrible. I feel so bad.
I'll miss you, pallie.

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by bluebottle »

fuck that shit steved. hate to see this happen to one of our own, but doesn't music sound better from stolen guitars? (see ziggy stardust)

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

Glad you were insured but the sheer fuckwaddery of if all really has to piss you off. At least nobody had a gun shoved in their face or worse. Oh and congrats on the shop in the first place.
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

Bundy
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Bundy »

Steved...... thats horrible...... ok, when i get over there, we'll find out who did it, unleash the wrath of Bundy, then i'll leg it.

oh hey, when i come over for the con shall i bring the variax or the ibanez 12 string? its impossible to buy decent guitars here

Gin McGuinness
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Gin McGuinness »

Oh Steved! Sorry to hear that you're down a few good guitars! I hope your tapes are as sweet as your beer tastes - and that you can hand them their ass in court.
"Personally I prefer the buzz between 'all is good and well in the universe with this glass' drunk and 'IM A FUCKING VIKING!' drunk." Impish Boozehound

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

Oh Steve, that's fucking shit. Cheeky fucks will probably fence it at the first fucking oppurtunity as well. I HATE people sometimes. But yeah, do you have a website? I know I'm in the wrong continent but I'd still like to have a look.
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

"Every time you don't get loaded, the terrorists win." - massivedrunk

WWDJFD?

NotKeith
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by NotKeith »

GinSoakedGirl wrote:Oh Steve, that's fucking shit. Cheeky fucks will probably fence it at the first fucking oppurtunity as well. I HATE people sometimes.
Not that you would be able to do a whole lot about it (...in, you know, the legalsense...), but I am sorry for your loss. Them is nice acoustics. Keep an eye in the local pawn shops maybe for people hocking them, but like you said, they knew what they wanted, so maybe watching local open mic nights would give you an idea...
It is a good rule in life never to apologize, the right sort of people do not want apologies, and the wrong sort take a mean advantage of them. ~ P.G. Wodehouse

I like my women like I like my coffee... covered in BEES!!!!

MethFront
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by MethFront »

NotKeith wrote:Keep an eye in the local pawn shops maybe for people hocking them, but like you said, they knew what they wanted, so maybe watching local open mic nights would give you an idea...
That really bites, steve. I wanted to echo what Keith said and add- also watch eBay, i think it's becoming the number one fence in the country.
Be safe everyone.

H.P. Loveshaft
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by H.P. Loveshaft »

Awful man, awful. I have nightmares about that kind of shit happening to my place, I can feel for you. Also, as I tell everyone, did you have the serial #s of the instruments recorded? It's a pain in the ass if you have any kind of decent turnover, but it's also a slam dunk if they turn up somewhere they shouldn't. The above advice about the pawn shops, eBay, and oddly enough, local shows is also a good start. I'd put up a bounty poster of the thieved goods, or at least a description.
Jesus! You think Eddie Money has to put up with this shit?!