Pretentiousness

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

dascott
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Re: Pretentiousness

Post by dascott »

H.P. Loveshaft wrote:Piece brewpub in Chicago has malt likka on tap, and they serve the glass in a small brown bag even.
Brilliant.

I don't bother asking for a glass unless I want to drain them as fast as I can order them. And in that case I'd probably forgo beer anyways.

If you pour my beer in a plastic cup I had damn well better be outdoors.

Bluespook
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Bluespook »

Damn, haven't had a fo'ty in ages. All this talk is getting my interest up. Too bad i'm working tonight and will be on a Manhattan kick because slumming with a fo'ty in a bag sounds great. Mickey's is ok as far as the malt stuff goes, never been a big fan of it, but it's nice to do once in a while to take those trips down black out lane.
Beer's just being social. Whiskey's drinkin'.

joesixpack
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by joesixpack »

Ivan, champ, beer is best served in a cold, clean glass.

This is established fact!

You're doing a great job. You're a classy drinker. You're living the MD life.

Slackjawd
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Slackjawd »

The only way I drink forty's these days is in a spirited game of Edward Fourtyhands. Or if I'm drinking with our alley brethren.

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Post by Rip Rufus »

Slackjawd wrote:The only way I drink forty's these days is in a spirited game of Edward Fourtyhands. Or if I'm drinking with our alley brethren.
I've heard of this game, but never played. I am intrigued. I need to find some willing participants.
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.