Good comedy to drink to?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

incognito
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Good comedy to drink to?

Post by incognito »

Has anyone seen Hotrod, Superbad, or any of the newer funny movies that are out? I was wondering what a good one to drink to this evening would be.
"Follow me into the desert as thirsty as you are, crack a smile and cut your mouth and drown in alcohol."

by Soundgarden

Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: Good comedy to drink to?

Post by ***** »

The crappier the show, the stiffer the pour. "Cocaine: One Man's Seduction" is just about the funniest movie in the world after getting half-way through a fifth of your favorite spirit.

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

Three shots of well bourbon and a few bottles of High Life while watching Super Troopers. It's never treated me wrong and the ratios can be adjusted as needed without any negative effect on the comedy.
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

shylock
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shylock »

Frank the tank! Frank the tank!!! He seemed to have lost his pants as well...
"Shotguns and whiskey, while fun, do not necessarily go together, unless you're duck hunting...then if it flies...it dies." Gaston

BeerMakesMeSmart
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by BeerMakesMeSmart »

shylock wrote:Frank the tank! Frank the tank!!! He seemed to have lost his pants as well...

I have become so sick of Will Ferrall that I can't watch that movie any more.
I'll miss you, pallie.

grippingthewheel

Post by grippingthewheel »

incognito, my friend, your endless questioning about what you should do in a variety of situations provides me with Comedy Gold entertainment every time I read your posts. Rock on.
"Please welcomce in all his diluted glory the man whose story writes itself not unlike mine who feveriously types awaiting his next sip before the whipping, anticiapation is making me want to strangle someone." ~whiskyprick

JohnnyT

Post by JohnnyT »

grippingthewheel wrote:incognito, my friend, your endless questioning about what you should do in a variety of situations provides me with Comedy Gold entertainment every time I read your posts. Rock on.

i have always been entertained by incognito's threads about his neverending quest for huntsville, alabama poontang. now that i mention it, we haven't had an update in a while.

Uncle_Meat
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Uncle_Meat »

Hey man screw this modern dumbed down mutant ignoramus comedy going down masquerading as 'Knocked Up' and shit like that. Fleecing the sheep. You want funny? Like split your side and hope it's only a hernia funny? Try 'It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World". It's wild.
"I have a message to deliver to the cute people of the world...if you're cute, or maybe you're beautiful...
there's MORE OF US UGLYTHERFUCKERS OUT THERE THAN YOU ARE!! So watch out." -- FZ

mekong
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by mekong »

Beerfest is a great new movie, if u can its a hell of a drinking game too. You drink when they drink. very simple
doin it right, on the wrong side of town!!

Screwball
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: A half foot away from a cat's nutsack. I Gotta get the DevilKat Fixed!

Post by Screwball »

Blazing Saddles or The Seventh Seal.

One is just the remake of the other, so take your pick.

fizzmaster
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by fizzmaster »

I watched "Black Knight" tonight, with Martin Lawrence, and I was laughing my ass off. Beerfest is an excellent drinking comedy, as mentioned before. I would heavily recommend any Rodney Dangerfield vehicles, including "Ladybugs". Seriously, any Rodney film, from Caddyshack to Easy Money to Back to School to Meet Walley Sparks.... serious drinking movie gold, as he says an absurdly hilarious line once every minute or so.
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. "
-Hunter S. Thompson

http://fermentedfilm.blogspot.com/
http://indiewrasslin.tumblr.com/

Grace O'Malley
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Grace O'Malley »

Oh, hell...watch a rerun of the Carol Burnett Show on TV Land. That'll get you going.
Or Warner Brothers cartoons. "Dripalong Daffy" makes me cry from laughing.
Mayhem is everywhere.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Yeah, never watch movies you can vomit to. Go for the classics, like Mel Brook's triad of Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, and High Anxiety. Though when I am reallly in my cups, I enjoy yet another viewing of My Man Godfrey. Carole Lombard and William (yum) Powell. Every actor in that flick should have won a prize. The lady who plays the momma kills me, and the daddy is pure Grumpy. And don't forget Carlo!
like tears in rain

Swede
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Swede »

Instead of wasting time on a new crappy movie, watch a classic one instead, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is perfect or why not Dawn of the Dead (1978)

http://imdb.com/title/tt0120669/

http://imdb.com/title/tt0077402/

Edit: The latter is not comedy but IS comedy, got to love the 70's

Illiniwek
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Illiniwek »

Animal House has lots of drinking to inspire you.