The say what's on your mind thread ....

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: The say what's on your mind thread ....

Post by bluebottle »

Pete G wrote:I know this girl.... And.... Like.... everytime she get drunk on redbull and vodka.... she totally pees the bed. Took her like, three times before she made the connection. ....Ha! Thats it.
i have had girls who peed the bed. one i think it was diabetes, but the other, who knows. i have peed the bed before it's uncomfy for sure.

Pete G
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Pete G »

Henry!!! & Minor Threat too...

Coriolanus
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Coriolanus »

Fugazi, what Pete said, but there's other labels too... and many good bands

Bad Brains, Rites of Spring... lots of anarcho-punk shit, and all the bands back then had to come through DC anyway, so we got the national experience... Voodoo Glow skulls, pennywise, Bad religion; you name it, they came through and played 930 club or Black cat, amongst a million other little places that have probably closed down by now...
Plus, a big indie scene; Dismemberment plan, Washington Social Club, all kinds of fun stuff...
I don't care what they say about you... I think you're alright.

Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by **** »

Coriolanus wrote:Fugazi, what Pete said, but there's other labels too... and many good bands

Bad Brains, Rites of Spring... lots of anarcho-punk shit, and all the bands back then had to come through DC anyway, so we got the national experience... Voodoo Glow skulls, pennywise, Bad religion; you name it, they came through and played 930 club or Black cat, amongst a million other little places that have probably closed down by now...
Plus, a big indie scene; Dismemberment plan, Washington Social Club, all kinds of fun stuff...
i'm banned from the 930 club. that place is a corporate shithole anyway.

i always dug the black cat, except for when all the employees from 930 would hang out there together. buncha fuckwads.

Coriolanus
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Coriolanus »

Haha, why'd you get banned?

Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by **** »

Coriolanus wrote:Haha, why'd you get banned?
i don't know, something to do with how much i hate papa roach and i was vocal about it or something. this was in 2002.

there's more to it, but nothing fun.

shylock
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shylock »

I grew up too young for the bar scene in DC, I haven't lived there since 1993. I do remember Fugazi though, I still have one of their CD's hidden somewhere. BTW, my big four were Black Flag, MInor Threat, Bad Brains, and Misfits. On a side note, thank the gods for the return of baseball. My Orioles are gonna blow some serious pole this year. I imagine it's something similar to being a Cleveland Browns fan.
"Shotguns and whiskey, while fun, do not necessarily go together, unless you're duck hunting...then if it flies...it dies." Gaston

Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by **** »

shylock wrote:I grew up too young for the bar scene in DC, I haven't lived there since 1993. I do remember Fugazi though, I still have one of their CD's hidden somewhere. BTW, my big four were Black Flag, MInor Threat, Bad Brains, and Misfits. On a side note, thank the gods for the return of baseball. My Orioles are gonna blow some serious pole this year. I imagine it's something similar to being a Cleveland Browns fan.
i knew there was something i liked about you.

Coriolanus
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Coriolanus »

I still rock all those bands, man. I've expanded my tastes to include more than just punk (I know, I'm a sellout- fuck you), but the last CD i made for my car had old school Boy Sets Fire (emo, but still awesome), some old Unseen, Misfits, Teen Idols, old school Hopesfall, Lagwagon, Hot Water Music, old old old AFI, h20, Darkest Hour, The Blackout Pact, Bad Religion, Milencolin, The Dwarves... some times I just have to bring all old that stuff back. A lot of people my own age don't know anything about that whole scene. Sad.

DC still has a great house-show scene; lot of young up and coming bands...

I don't know if anybody here knows this, but one of the best places to get drunk is at a good house-show with some punks. You can get as drunk as you can handle, hear some (hopefully) good loud live music, cut loose in a pit or two, hit on chicks with more tattoos than your ex-con uncle, and when it's all over you can always just crash there, because I mean who gives a fuck?

Did I mention that punk-rock chicks are sexy as hell?

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by bluebottle »

punk girls are hot. couple months ago coming home from oaktown i sat next to some guy who was having a conversation with the guy in the seat in front of him. hr's name came up and i chimed in with bb knowledge and he said hr was schizo, which is not too surprising. then the three of us went off into cali punk rock - dk, tsol, black flag, mod, circle jerks, cramps, etc. that is the stuff i grew up on. they say punk is dead, and since i don't sport my leather jacket around anymore or wear my combat boots and chains and torn jeans and all, maybe that look is dead for me, but not the spirit.

Riddeford
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Riddeford »

All I want to do is drink until I can get my new motorcycle from the dealer. A brand new Honda VTX 1300 is waiting for me but there is just too much damn snow here in Montreal. I guess I'll hve to drink every night until she can come home.
"This lifestyle isn't for pussies." - Fabric

Riddeford: I'm craving indian food. WTF?
Fiyah: Fuck curry. We're doing shots and do them NOW

<@Veen> First one was just a standard hangover puke.
<@Veen> Second one was when I was at lunch with my ex and had some ham that was way too dry.
<@Veen> Third one was just a bit ago when I read that vagina story.

Gin McGuinness
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Gin McGuinness »

I can see Molly Malone's... they have Guinness there... it's 1030 and I'm bored as hell! I guess I better stop pinning out the window before someone knows I'm goofing here.
"Personally I prefer the buzz between 'all is good and well in the universe with this glass' drunk and 'IM A FUCKING VIKING!' drunk." Impish Boozehound

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by bluebottle »

Gin McGuinness wrote:I can see Molly Malone's... they have Guinness there... it's 1030 and I'm bored as hell! I guess I better stop pinning out the window before someone knows I'm goofing here.
this post makes me smile. in a very innocent life affirming way. can you lean out the window again gin?

Gin McGuinness
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Gin McGuinness »

bluebottle wrote:
Gin McGuinness wrote:I can see Molly Malone's... they have Guinness there... it's 1030 and I'm bored as hell! I guess I better stop pinning out the window before someone knows I'm goofing here.
this post makes me smile. in a very innocent life affirming way. can you lean out the window again gin?
Sure, promise never to mention again that you sniff your pants?
"Personally I prefer the buzz between 'all is good and well in the universe with this glass' drunk and 'IM A FUCKING VIKING!' drunk." Impish Boozehound