The say what's on your mind thread ....

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: The say what's on your mind thread ....

Post by oettinger »

scream ale wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:56 pm
If I got snowed in would I eat things hanging from trees?

I guess if it got down to eating nothing and eating random shit hanging from trees. But I'd inspect it carefully because people around here tend to tie little baggies of dog shit to low hanging branches. Yes they clean up after their dogs but they're just too dumb and/or lazy to throw in their own garbage.
Where ever you are, get outta there! Dogshit on the trees would be my final straw
Drink!

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

scream ale wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:56 pm
If I got snowed in would I eat things hanging from trees?

I guess if it got down to eating nothing and eating random shit hanging from trees. But I'd inspect it carefully because people around here tend to tie little baggies of dog shit to low hanging branches. Yes they clean up after their dogs but they're just too dumb and/or lazy to throw in their own garbage.
That is one of the oddest things I've ever heard of. And this comes from a guy who has seen someone shit off a roof, down a chimney, in a bathtub, off a high dive, and on a BBQ!
DRINK!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:12 am
We have this nasty winter storm right now. I feed the birds outside all kinds of things from the pet-store.
Especially some fatty and salty rings that you hang from the trees.

If you got snowed in would you eat that?
You'll eat anything to stay alive, even other humans. 😒
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Lush City wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:25 am
oettinger wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:12 am
We have this nasty winter storm right now. I feed the birds outside all kinds of things from the pet-store.
Especially some fatty and salty rings that you hang from the trees.

If you got snowed in would you eat that?
You'll eat anything to stay alive, even other humans. 😒
How do you know that, you don`t even know what kind of matching sauces I have stored in the fridge right now
Drink!

OldDale
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Thank you MDM

Post by OldDale »

I like your idea, wisdom and tolerance.
Cheers to you!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Re: Thank you MDM

Post by Rye and Coke »

OldDale wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:11 am
Cheers to you!
If you're OldDale does that mean there's an OldRustyShackleford? I sure hope so.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

OldDale
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

I am a man of the people

Post by OldDale »

I could have bought expensive Beer.
Instead I bought Perlenbacher from LIDL and I drink it straight out of the plastic bottle.
I am a man of the people.

OldDale
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Re: Thank you MDM

Post by OldDale »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:32 pm
OldDale wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:11 am
Cheers to you!
If you're OldDale does that mean there's an OldRustyShackleford? I sure hope so.
I hope so too!
Let's get everyone back!

OldDale
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Re: I am a man of the people

Post by OldDale »

All Bars are closed.
All I have is Beers.
How many?
Booze is faster and more direct.
We can only continue and hope for better times.

OldDale
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Das ja gewaltig.

Post by OldDale »

Please translate, Öttinger man.

Surreal
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Surreal »

huh? wha?...... what did I miss...????

What’s on my mind......???? tonight as I work my way through a bottle of Jameson, it’s friends here from years ago. Some still here. Some have passed on to their great heavenly reward in the pub in the sky. New folk have wandered in and the beer is still cold here in The Pub. Somebody reach down behind the bar, go bottom shelf and find that dusty bottle of 10 High that’s been collecting dust back there. Nobody puts Baby in the corner. Crack that seal. Pour them wide and deep. To each and everyone of you magnificent bastards.

I keep waiting for someone to dig through the Rochester lost and found to find Mayhem’s lost camera from that night we decided to Karaoke and he ended up in ER and I ended up on a hotel room floor in a pool of vomit. If anyone finds it, burn that SD card.... Memories like that are best kept by the faded memories I still cherish every time I crack the seal on a new bottle.
fuck em man, it ain't easy walkin the righteous path.
- Hoss

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Das ja gewaltig.

Post by Badfellow »

Say, Dale. Take a tip from a moderator: it is unnecessary to create a new thread for every random thought that crosses your mind. In fact, it is unappreciated. Many of these threads you’ve created could have easily been fit into other threads and only clutter things up. So please, very kindly, I ask that you knock it the fuck off.

Sincerely,
Badfellow
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Surreal wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:27 pm

Karaoke and he ended up in ER
Another reason why I don`t do Karaoke, it will always end up with Doug Ross pumping alcohol samples in your lifeless body
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: singular thought threads

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Badfellow wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:38 pm
Say, Dale. Take a tip from a moderator: it is unnecessary to create a new thread for every random thought that crosses your mind. In fact, it is unappreciated. Many of these threads you’ve created could have easily been fit into other threads and only clutter things up. So please, very kindly, I ask that you knock it the fuck off.

Sincerely,
Badfellow
Yes! Seconded. It's getting kind of cattywampus up in here, and this goes for everyone, not only Dale. This type of stuff was highlighted in Palinka's posting guidelines, but since nobody reads it...

The one-track thoughts that don't seem relevant to anything can be posted here in this very thread. It's even stickied at the top in the Pub for your drunken convenience, and you can even change the subject line in your post (as I did) to get your point across. The drunkard that came up with the genius idea summed it up perfectly:

Illiniwek wrote:
Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:13 pm
I know that many of the regulars have been here for years, and I've been here for weeks, so I make this suggestion with all due respect. However, there are so many threads that are based on a singular thought, that last a short while, that don't sustain a conversation, that maybe we need this thread. Just post random thoughts here instead of starting a whole new thread. That's what's on my mind.
Brillliant.

There's also a Random Shit thread in the Pub as well, if that is more applicable for one's random thoughts.
Okole maluna!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Which thread is this, btw?🤦‍♂️
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.