Martinis..(booze)..Macaroni and cheese..

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

felinamojokitty
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Martinis..(booze)..Macaroni and cheese..

Post by felinamojokitty »

in my opinion macaroni and cheese is the best other drunkard food next to bacon...

discuss..(and i am talking about the sharp cheese)

mmmmm...sunday morning..mac and cheese and a nooner martini.....yumm.

also props to the midnight/2 am sunday morning bagel cream cheese and martini...

but the cheese oh the cheese..goes SO well with the liquor.

Coriolanus
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Martinis..(booze)..Macaroni and cheese..

Post by Coriolanus »

Cheese and booze go very well together. A good sharp dutch cheese with a Gin and Tonic is a delight. The earthiness of the gin often will complement a cheese well. I don't even think i need to mention wine and cheese, either. Then again, booze goes well with anything, so this may be a moot point.
I don't care what they say about you... I think you're alright.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Coriolanus wrote:Cheese and booze go very well together. A good sharp dutch cheese with a Gin and Tonic is a delight. The earthiness of the gin often will complement a cheese well. I don't even think i need to mention wine and cheese, either. Then again, booze goes well with anything, so this may be a moot point.
C,

For a kid, you've got a rather sophisticated palate. I rather like a Quebec peasant food, called "poutine" (I believe it's pronounced "poo-tin"), for my booze/cheese fix. REAL french fries (f-fries were actually invented in Belgium), covered in cheese curds and topped with gravy. Good and good for you -- just ask your cardiologist. But an aged Dutch cheddar IS a thing of beauty.

CHEERS!
Last edited by peetie44 on Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

JohnnyT

Post by JohnnyT »

mac and cheese, eh.

but mac and cheese sprinkled liberally with pepper, manna from heaven

Skot Eleventeen
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Skot Eleventeen »

deep fried mac n cheese dipped in spicy queso ... mmmmmm unnessicary deep frying ... [drool]
"... A revolution without dancing ... is a revolution not worth having..." -V

"If you drink a quart of Bourbon every week for 5200 weeks, you'll live to be 100" ~ bathroom wall, Hanszen College, Rice University, 1968

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Skot Eleventeen wrote:deep fried mac n cheese dipped in spicy queso ... mmmmmm unnessicary deep frying ... [drool]
Mister, I like the way you talk. Gonna try that.

CHEERS!
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

felinamojokitty
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by felinamojokitty »

i have had the deep fried mac and cheese-it is not for the faint of heart..it is for the true fat aficianado and it is pretty damn good..though you can't eat too much or you get a heady grease rush that could impair driving.

hmm i never heard tofu mentioned as a drunkard food--i wonder why!!

JohnnyT

Post by JohnnyT »

is there anything that 's not good when it's deep fried?

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

JohnnyTequila wrote:is there anything that 's not good when it's deep fried?
HELL, no!!

Coriolanus
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Coriolanus »

I'm not too big on the deep-fried food unless I r teh hungover. I far prefer to pamper my mortal vessel. Fresh vegemables and high quality meats, no processed foodz, no fazt foodz, no crap. That's not to say I won't eat the sloppiest muhfuckin' sloppy joe in the world if it's put in front of me (because I will DEMOLISH that sammidge), but I try to eat delicious and healthy at most opportunities. Makes me feel fresh and loverly for mo' drankin;' which is happnin' copiously as I write. Sophisticated food and good booze make for a far more pleasurable experience than cheap beer and cheese fries. Call it a matter of aesthetics if you like. Call it snobbishness if you like. Whatever you call it, I'll enjoy my haute cuisine, you enjoy your Denny's waffle fries. I'll pass on the deep-fryer.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Coriolanus wrote: Sophisticated food and good booze make for a far more pleasurable experience than cheap beer and cheese fries. Call it a matter of aesthetics if you like. Call it snobbishness if you like. Whatever you call it, I'll enjoy my haute cuisine, you enjoy your Denny's waffle fries. I'll pass on the deep-fryer.
Whatever makes your thing go ding, sissy.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Coriolanus
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Coriolanus »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Coriolanus wrote: Sophisticated food and good booze make for a far more pleasurable experience than cheap beer and cheese fries. Call it a matter of aesthetics if you like. Call it snobbishness if you like. Whatever you call it, I'll enjoy my haute cuisine, you enjoy your Denny's waffle fries. I'll pass on the deep-fryer.
Whatever makes your thing go ding, sissy.
Haha, thanks, Thirsty. Just make me a promise, ok? Promise to think of me in the weeks of hospital-enforced undrunkenness after your first heart bypass.

Two Martini Breakfast
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Two Martini Breakfast »

felinamojokitty wrote:i have had the deep fried mac and cheese-it is not for the faint of heart..it is for the true fat aficianado and it is pretty damn good..though you can't eat too much or you get a heady grease rush that could impair driving.

hmm i never heard tofu mentioned as a drunkard food--i wonder why!!
peetie44 wrote:
JohnnyTequila wrote:is there anything that 's not good when it's deep fried?
HELL, no!!
This is true: deep fried tofu with buffalo or some other manner of hot sauce is just incredible. Some like it with a bit of batter, but I've found that if you just deep fry the tofu as-is, then apply the sauce of your choice it will get a very great texture, not too rubbery, like perfectly done calamari.
I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you could walk these streets of freedom badmouthing Lady America, in your damn mirrored sunglasses!

Hangover Heartattack
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Hangover Heartattack »

mac & cheese and bourbon is a hell of a combo also.
Last edited by Hangover Heartattack on Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shylock
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shylock »

Me being from the south, I would like to nominate the baked mac n' cheese. It's hard to go against soul food.
"Shotguns and whiskey, while fun, do not necessarily go together, unless you're duck hunting...then if it flies...it dies." Gaston