Long Time No Drink

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Palmwine Drunkard
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Long Time No Drink

Post by Palmwine Drunkard »

It's been way too long, my friends, since I have entered the hallowed gardens of inebriation.
Too much daily grind and not enough of what reminds us that It's Alive!
Thankfully, my dear old friends Johhnie and Bintang are here to take edge off of too many weeks trying to just get by here in North Sumatra.
This feels really good.
It is once again hotter than hell here tonight, but the wind is starting to blow now (almost 2:00 AM here) and it will probably rain before dawn.
Where I live, in the industrial backwaters on the edge of town, the air is scented with a mixture of tropical blossoms and the intermittant stench of the belacan (fermented fish salsa) factory. This plant emits a smell that approximates burning rubber, rotten fish, and goat shit. I don't ask. I don't want to know. However, with rice and a nice fresh grilled fish, belacan is awesome!
Anyway, as I sit here sweating in the dark, but with a cold beer and a bottle of firewater, I wish to toast you all!
Please join me in a drink, ok?
Cheers, Peace and Love to you all!
I
"Nature is beautiful at its most violent and chaotic. Embrace the wildness, in the storm and in yourself. And meditate heavily with aid of Johnny Walker. You've got it right. Let it all keep turning."
(Raoul Duke)

knumbskull
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Re: Long Time No Drink

Post by knumbskull »

cheers!

long time since booze for me too, i quit for 24 days. i forget why. anyway it's cold grey and rainy here in london and i'm just opening a Stella...oh sweet canned rage.

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by bluebottle »

cheers palmy! sadly, this is my third day of being w/o booze because, as usual, i spent all my money already. i am feast and famine type you know. have fun sweating in the dark - it sounds very "apocalypse now".

Palmwine Drunkard

Well, I'm glad you're back in the saddle again.
Gin turned me on to Stella and I liked it just fine.
I wish we had beer here above 5%. Oh well, palm wine is U.S. 5 cents a glass and packs a 18% punch, so all is well.
I just can't drink my namesake day in and day out!
I lived in Seattle for years, and I actually miss that cold grey and rainy vibe(hot grey and rainy I know all too well!).

Cheers mate!

knumbskull wrote:cheers!

long time since booze for me too, i quit for 24 days. i forget why. anyway it's cold grey and rainy here in london and i'm just opening a Stella...oh sweet canned rage.
"Nature is beautiful at its most violent and chaotic. Embrace the wildness, in the storm and in yourself. And meditate heavily with aid of Johnny Walker. You've got it right. Let it all keep turning."
(Raoul Duke)

Palmwine Drunkard

It is kind of like that, my dear friend.
I want to change that because I too live like a hunter/gatherer, moving from feast to famine.
Now, I know that it is in our genes to live as such, but I don't like it.
Why?
I want to get my drink on and there is no money...
Plain and simple, I want to be able to meet minimum needs, including therapeutic infusions of the water of life, whenever I damned well please.
Oh, that and a home of my own and a successfull business, but first things first (prioritize!)

Cheers BB!
May we indulge our dypsomaniac desires together someday soon!

bluebottle wrote:cheers palmy! sadly, this is my third day of being w/o booze because, as usual, i spent all my money already. i am feast and famine type you know. have fun sweating in the dark - it sounds very "apocalypse now".
(Raoul Duke)

cloud8
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by cloud8 »

Palmy! I know of which you speak. I started a new job recently, and the grind instantly became grimier. However, I just poured my second Bourbon, it's sunny and 70 (which happens maybe 2-3 times a year here), and I don't have to be anywhere till Monday morning. Cheers!
"Never apologise for being in the Bourbon aisle."
--Smatter Noguts

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

I will shortly repair to the cool, dark interior of a soon to close private club, where I shall be drinking on the cuff in celebration of a graduation.

I think I'll stick with Booker's, and will think of you in your Sumatra lair, and raise a toast to you.

Oh, and I've been undrunk now for almost 16 hours now!

Palmwine Drunkard

Cloud 8 and Smatter Noguts,

Cheers to you both my dear friends!

It is 3:30 on a Sunday morning, the wind stopped and it is still hot as a motherfucker, the beer is almost gone, but the Whisky remains!

Oh yeah, It's Alive!

Cheers once again!
(Raoul Duke)

Grace O'Malley
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Grace O'Malley »

Fuckit.
Once my son graduates from high school, in two years, I'm outta the Pacific NW.
Tropical climes for moi.
What do you think the Jewish population is in Singapore or the Philapines?
(googling)
Mayhem is everywhere.

Palmwine Drunkard

Grace O'Malley wrote:Fuckit.
Once my son graduates from high school, in two years, I'm outta the Pacific NW.
Tropical climes for moi.
What do you think the Jewish population is in Singapore or the Philapines?
(googling)
I think that you would be welcome wherever you were to go.
Why worry about it? Come check it out.
Hey, I lived in Seattle for years, and it works down here for me.
Singapore rocks!

Check it out and come party with Gin and Bundy (and me if I can get away).

Cheers!
(Raoul Duke)

Grace O'Malley
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Grace O'Malley »

I love Seattle. It is on my roster of places to go once the son gets into college.
At least, a month in SEA would be a good thing. I need to drink with you and Gin McG, and the Bundy.
Mayhem is everywhere.

Palmwine Drunkard

Grace O'Malley wrote:I love Seattle. It is on my roster of places to go once the son gets into college.
At least, a month in SEA would be a good thing. I need to drink with you and Gin McG, and the Bundy.
Ok!
I'm in Singapore every April and October (2nd week of the month) to do my visa thing.
But if your schedule doesn't jive with that, come visit us in N. Sumatra (very close to Singapore.. less than 1 hour flight, but a totally different world.). Better yet, bring Gin and Bundy. Neither have spent enough time on this side of the Mallaca Straits.
I think Bali is a better introduction to this part of the world for first timers, but N. Sumatra appeals to adventurous folks (or we could easily sit at a resort on the shores of Lake Toba sipping umbrella drinks).
C'mon!

Cheers Gracie!
(Raoul Duke)

Dr. Dotto S. Blotto
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Dr. Dotto S. Blotto »

Ola, Palmy. Glad to see you back here. Here's to ya!

Dotto
Slave to the Id since 1968.
Less Talk, More Monkey

"DRIVE, MONKEY! DRIVE!" - Dante

ChiliDawg
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by ChiliDawg »

Welcome back Palmy. May the good Lord blow a cool breeze your way this evening.

Palmwine Drunkard

Dotto and Chilidawg,
cheers to you both, it's after 8 in the morning and I haven't slept yet, but I took a 2 hour break from drinking to see my brother-in-law and his crew off to the airport. I'm back and needing to sleep or drink some more.
Drinking commences now!
Ah!
God I missed this bliss.
Shall we do another?

Cheers!
(Raoul Duke)