Long Time No Drink

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Bender!
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Long Time No Drink

Post by Bender! »

Palmwine Drunkard wrote:It's been way too long, my friends, since I have entered the hallowed gardens of inebriation.
Too much daily grind and not enough of what reminds us that It's Alive!
Thankfully, my dear old friends Johhnie and Bintang are here to take edge off of too many weeks trying to just get by here in North Sumatra.
This feels really good.
It is once again hotter than hell here tonight, but the wind is starting to blow now (almost 2:00 AM here) and it will probably rain before dawn.
Where I live, in the industrial backwaters on the edge of town, the air is scented with a mixture of tropical blossoms and the intermittant stench of the belacan (fermented fish salsa) factory. This plant emits a smell that approximates burning rubber, rotten fish, and goat shit. I don't ask. I don't want to know. However, with rice and a nice fresh grilled fish, belacan is awesome!
Anyway, as I sit here sweating in the dark, but with a cold beer and a bottle of firewater, I wish to toast you all!
Please join me in a drink, ok?
Cheers, Peace and Love to you all!
I
Sounds fantastic. When can i come and visit? How much is the plane ticket?
Alcoholic is a medical term, Drunkard is a lifestyle. ~ Junkman.

Palmwine Drunkard
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Palmwine Drunkard »

Bender! wrote:
Palmwine Drunkard wrote:It's been way too long, my friends, since I have entered the hallowed gardens of inebriation.
Thankfully, my dear old friends Johhnie and Bintang are here to take edge off of too many weeks trying to just get by here in North Sumatra.
This feels really good.
It is once again hotter than hell here tonight, but the wind is starting to blow now (almost 2:00 AM here) and it will probably rain before dawn.
Where I live, in the industrial backwaters on the edge of town, the air is scented with a mixture of tropical blossoms and the intermittant stench of the belacan (fermented fish salsa) factory. This plant emits a smell that approximates burning rubber, rotten fish, and goat shit. I don't ask. I don't want to know. However, with rice and a nice fresh grilled fish, belacan is awesome!
Anyway, as I sit here sweating in the dark, but with a cold beer and a bottle of firewater, I wish to toast you all!
I
For a mere $2600.00 you can come visit hell on the equator. See the industrial outskirts of a tropical raw materials industry hub!
Drink palmwine, rotgut brandy, and Bintang beer with Palmy. The third world awaits you!

Actually outside of the city, around Lake Toba, this place is incredibly beautiful.
It is because I am focused on making money at this point that we live in this diesel and dust pit.
Nothing is permanent.

Check out our website at:
http://www.tobaleuser.com
for a more flattering depiction of the area.

Cheers!
"Nature is beautiful at its most violent and chaotic. Embrace the wildness, in the storm and in yourself. And meditate heavily with aid of Johnny Walker. You've got it right. Let it all keep turning."
(Raoul Duke)

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by bluebottle »

Bender! wrote:
This feels really good.
I
this was my first thought too bender. i love underbellies of things. by the way palmy, you still around? i managed to make a touch for twenty, so i am here with vodka and beer. hey is 2600 roundtrip? cheap brandy and palmwine included?

Palmwine Drunkard

bluebottle wrote:
Bender! wrote:
This feels really good.
I
this was my first thought too bender. i love underbellies of things. by the way palmy, you still around? i managed to make a touch for twenty, so i am here with vodka and beer. hey is 2600 roundtrip? cheap brandy and palmwine included?
For you, we make good deal!
If you are serious, I'll check the best rates tomorrow (that is round trip from SF last I checked but it fluctuates up to 3400[very high]), as for drinking BB, if you make it here you stay at my house and I buy, ok?
I'll check carrier rates tomorrow... as for now I'm still Drunk, not having slept last night and it's 9:30 in the morning .
I still have a bit of flat beer and a half bottle of whisky.
Shall we drink?
I think so too.

Cheers!
"Nature is beautiful at its most violent and chaotic. Embrace the wildness, in the storm and in yourself. And meditate heavily with aid of Johnny Walker. You've got it right. Let it all keep turning."
(Raoul Duke)

Gin McGuinness
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Gin McGuinness »

all you drunkards are welcome to come party on the equator! and the price on the ticket can vary from $1800 to $3k or 60k air points.

Palmy it is so good to see you around these parts again. You never did send me your address for care packages. I could sneak you some boozy things.
"Personally I prefer the buzz between 'all is good and well in the universe with this glass' drunk and 'IM A FUCKING VIKING!' drunk." Impish Boozehound

Palmwine Drunkard

Gin McGuinness wrote:all you drunkards are welcome to come party on the equator! and the price on the ticket can vary from $1800 to $3k or 60k air points.

Palmy it is so good to see you around these parts again. You never did send me your address for care packages. I could sneak you some boozy things.
You have the address, and I am waiting with baited breath (it's the belacan, I swear!).
Oh man it is good to be on the booze barge again.

Cheers!
(Raoul Duke)

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Palmy,

I just drank a 6.2% Belgian beer -- Grimbergen Roussa. I drank it from a Duvel glass and it was good.

Now I'm drinking Jupiler, the Budweiser of Belgium -- 5.2%.

CHEERS!
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Palmwine Drunkard

peetie44 wrote:Palmy,

I just drank a 6.2% Belgian beer -- Grimbergen Roussa. I drank it from a Duvel glass and it was good.

Now I'm drinking Jupiler, the Budweiser of Belgium -- 5.2%.

CHEERS!
Damn you Peetie.
Damn you!!!

But next time I go to Jakarta, I'm going to pick your brains for Cuban cigar info, ok?

Also, Adam Novicki is Frank's brother (San Jose connection), did you ever play withe the Shockwaves while you were in the Blasters?

Cheers, Peace and Love!
(Raoul Duke)

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

PwD,

The Shockwaves DO sound familiar.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by bluebottle »

fuck this glad handling. cheap flights!

Coriolanus
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Coriolanus »

We could organize a boating expedition, seeking treasure, booze, and old comrades. I did Navy ROTC for two years, so I know a bit about boats. Who wants to be my first mate? We'll make it to Sumatra or drown in the Pacific, by God!
I don't care what they say about you... I think you're alright.

Palmwine Drunkard

Coriolanus wrote:We could organize a boating expedition, seeking treasure, booze, and old comrades. I did Navy ROTC for two years, so I know a bit about boats. Who wants to be my first mate? We'll make it to Sumatra or drown in the Pacific, by God!
I'll be waiting on the beach with survival rations!
(Raoul Duke)

Gin McGuinness
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Gin McGuinness »

Palmwine Drunkard wrote:
Coriolanus wrote:We could organize a boating expedition, seeking treasure, booze, and old comrades. I did Navy ROTC for two years, so I know a bit about boats. Who wants to be my first mate? We'll make it to Sumatra or drown in the Pacific, by God!
You do mean booze right?
"Personally I prefer the buzz between 'all is good and well in the universe with this glass' drunk and 'IM A FUCKING VIKING!' drunk." Impish Boozehound

Coriolanus
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Coriolanus »

Gin McGuinness wrote:
Palmwine Drunkard wrote:
You do mean booze right?
He better! Otherwise he'll have one mean gaggle of thirsty mariners on his hands... and we all know what a "mean gaggle of thirsty mariners" are.

Pirates.
I don't care what they say about you... I think you're alright.

Palmwine Drunkard

What else could I possibly mean?
But, unless the Singaporeans drop a care package it'll be palmwine, rotgut brandy, and room temperature (41 c.) Bintang beer.
I'f y'all want better, please forward to my treasurer, and it'll be waiting!
(please list requirements, ok?)

Cheers, Peace and Love!
(Raoul Duke)