Who here is Irish?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

king buzzo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Who here is Irish?

Post by king buzzo »

I am and and told repeatedly that im a drunk cause im irish? Such a stereotype cause i know alot of my irish siblings that are not drunks and dont drink..maybe im in a alternate universe where im the only irish drunk...THERYRE ALL GONNA LAFF AT YOU!!!

BeerMakesMeSmart
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Who here is Irish?

Post by BeerMakesMeSmart »

king buzzo wrote:I am and and told repeatedly that im a drunk cause im irish? Such a stereotype cause i know alot of my irish siblings that are not drunks and dont drink..maybe im in a alternate universe where im the only irish drunk...THERYRE ALL GONNA LAFF AT YOU!!!
Exactly.
I'll miss you, pallie.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Maternal's paternal side is. Well, that and Norse.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

king buzzo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by king buzzo »

FNZ wrote:Maternal's paternal side is. Well, that and Norse.
WHORE!!!

king buzzo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by king buzzo »

BeerMakesMeSmart wrote:
king buzzo wrote:I am and and told repeatedly that im a drunk cause im irish? Such a stereotype cause i know alot of my irish siblings that are not drunks and dont drink..maybe im in a alternate universe where im the only irish drunk...THERYRE ALL GONNA LAFF AT YOU!!!
Exactly.
WORD DOGG!

fizzmaster
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by fizzmaster »

One quarter. That quarter is really, really thirsty. Actually my British quarter is just as if not more thirsty.
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. "
-Hunter S. Thompson

http://fermentedfilm.blogspot.com/
http://indiewrasslin.tumblr.com/

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

O.K.
My mom's parents are off the boat Irish Hillbillies.
My biological father is from Norway, My mom divorced him when I was about 8 yrs old due to his drinking.

As I see it the only thing I got from my paternal heritage is alcoholism and a tendency for gout.
My LOVE and APPRECIATION for drink I blame on the maternal side.
People often confuse "Appreciation for drink" with "dRunk".
Show them the way, my friend.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Am I Irish? Hmmm ...

Lemme put it this way ...

About 70 minutes ago I was at a cousin's wedding, and we cleared the dance floor and formed a circle so the younger cousins could step dance.

True story.

Oh, and speaking of Budweiser, I ordered a regular Bud: got a skunked beer. So I had to switch to Bud Light.
Those were the 2 (JUST TWO?!!!!) choices of beer; Bud, and Bud Light.
No Lager (Yuengling).
Fucking Indianapolis ...
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

For years I thought I was part Welsh. Then I found out greatgrandmother was Irish. Imagine my confusion. And people only say the Irish are drunks because they're jealous they're so good at it.
like tears in rain

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

Only second generation American checkin' in. Humble Irish roots in the Kingdom of County Kerry, Ireland on Ma's side, Robert the Bruce granddaughter marrying so we could get our stuff back, Viking mingler Scotland Highlanders on Pop's side.

So is it any wonder, me attitude? Irish Temper? Hell, that's a blessing compared to the brutal hammer that a Scottish and Viking heritage can administer! (When warranted, of course. We don't go around flaunting our temper willy nilly.) (Or get locked up. There's that.)
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

Fbomb
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Fbomb »

Who doesn't love the emerald isle? Me, I'm a spanish-frenchie catholic with no Irish roots whatsoever. But to grow up worshipping Yeats and Millington-Synge, long ago, I met an Irish professor who said It is a terrible curse to be born not Irish. Indeed it is. Godbless the Irish!

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

My mother's mother (Grandma Lacy, b. 1883) was the oldest of 21 children.

Grandma Lacy had 7 children of her own -- each by a different father. My mother was the youngest (born in 1918, she had 5 half-brothers and 1 half-sister) My mom's father was an Irish sailor in the British Navy, who survived WWI, but was killed during a training exercise in the early 1920s.

My father's people were mostly from Scotland -- with possibly(?) some extraneous English, Welsh and Irish in their mix.

So I'm (semi-officially) one-quarter Irish, one-quarter English and one-half Scottish.

I'm just a mutt, but one with a fine drinking pedigree.

CHEERS!
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Le Boozificator
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Le Boozificator »

I have been drinking so much Guinness along the years and spent so much time in Irish pubs that I should make a claim for the nationality. I love Ireland and Irish people. And Irish beer. And Irish beer as well, no to mention the Irish beer that I love. To the Irish, Ireland, and their beer (mostly).
"Aaaah, the great smurff infestation we had here back in April - The Professor lost part of his ear in that battle, but he emerged victorious, and was rewarded with a tin of Friskies "Ocean Whitefish and Tuna in sauce."
Thirsty about The Great Smurff Infestation days, one month before he blew up the KASTLE! again, trying to create a 220 proof alcohol again...

greygoose
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by greygoose »

coqui_chris wrote:Am I Irish? Hmmm ...

Lemme put it this way ...

About 70 minutes ago I was at a cousin's wedding, and we cleared the dance floor and formed a circle so the younger cousins could step dance.

True story.

Oh, and speaking of Budweiser, I ordered a regular Bud: got a skunked beer. So I had to switch to Bud Light.
Those were the 2 (JUST TWO?!!!!) choices of beer; Bud, and Bud Light.
No Lager (Yuengling).
Fucking Indianapolis ...
You were in Indy and didn't notify us?
why is my moral compass always pointed east? that's the direction of the nearest liquor store.

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Post by Rip Rufus »

Irish women have cankles.

And I am part Irish, I think 1/8. The rest is Albanian, German, and Swiss. Thankfully, I have no Welsh, French, or Italian in me.
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.