As per suggestion--My intro

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

freimaurer45
Souse
Souse

As per suggestion--My intro

Post by freimaurer45 »

Not that anybody should care, as I am here for the same reasons you are. I can be that nameless dood that ponies up to the bar next to you for a good evening's round of meaningless, yet philosophically stimulating gobbledygook. I can also be your newest friend or just watch as you get your ass kicked for something you may have said but can't remember. No problem.

Seriously,

I'm a seventh generation Californian, reside in San Francisco and enjoy fine drinking just as my ancestors did. I lament that S.F. has turned toward honoring total wangs who know no discretion when it comes to taste. Even Oakland has made the ever so slight shift from the pegged-jeaned-hoodie-wearing-"Punk Rocker" to a wiener sensitive hipster with a feigned debut de siecle fascination for the "dangerous vibe lite" of what is a town that is totally committed to wrapping their white belts around their necks or using their aorta as a crack pipe. In S.F. the nightlife has since retreated into the everlasting, ancient and accepted fun little pockets of neighborhood bars since those that came during the dot com boom bailed, but left their floundering 70's cover bands and infused vodka bars that blast shitty house music. In the aftermath, we now have mutant tourists and Academy of Art students hunting down and populating totherwise decent neighborhood places and spreading dissent (hey, even locals need income). Even the traditional Thursday local's night out that been tainted with their back-to-school stink. Nowadays, the loner in me stays away from 90% of the dives that have been "discovered", but still am too well dressed to go into a Tenderloin "sports bar". I go where I like the drinks, the people regardless of the neighborhood. Usually I'll talk to the old doods for their stories of what they remember about their boroughs.

By trade I am a curator of a small, but extremely well stocked museum that features California history through the lens of fraternalism. I also harbor a life-long passion for drawing, photography, film and whatever else gives me the thrills.
Last edited by freimaurer45 on Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

l...
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: As per suggestion--My intro

Post by l... »

welcome, and cheers! a makers on the rocks, if you will..and hold the rocks. after all, it IS sunday.
That's what I call Drunkard justice. I hate prisses like that. They're mincing their way through life when they should be marching. ~fkr.

I wish i could find me a woman who drinks!~ruiner..on lack of women drinkers.

cornbread714
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by cornbread714 »

Welcome, and I'll take a Maker's Mark straight up also, and a beer chaser of whatever you've got
Live like a pig, die like a dog

"Everyone sleeps before I do. Sometimes I do not know what to do with myself; then the trouble begins."
-Savage

freimaurer45
Souse
Souse

Post by freimaurer45 »

Thanks for the welcome! Right now I'm doing some writing (not so successful given that I'm on the internet) and polishing off a six pack of Anchor Steam. In about an hour, I'm going to drink some whiskey at my local and get some inspiration for writing about the S.F. fire and earthquake of 1906 and the people that helped those poor fuckers who managed to survive.

MethFront
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by MethFront »

Willkommen, bienvenue, welcome.

I'll have a few fingers of Zacapa.
Be safe everyone.

cornbread714
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by cornbread714 »

freimaurer45 wrote:Thanks for the welcome! Right now I'm doing some writing (not so successful given that I'm on the internet) and polishing off a six pack of Anchor Steam. In about an hour, I'm going to drink some whiskey at my local and get some inspiration for writing about the S.F. fire and earthquake of 1906 and the people that helped those poor fuckers who managed to survive.
Tell 'em about Emperor Norton
Live like a pig, die like a dog

"Everyone sleeps before I do. Sometimes I do not know what to do with myself; then the trouble begins."
-Savage

freimaurer45
Souse
Souse

Post by freimaurer45 »

cornbread714 wrote:
freimaurer45 wrote:Thanks for the welcome! Right now I'm doing some writing (not so successful given that I'm on the internet) and polishing off a six pack of Anchor Steam. In about an hour, I'm going to drink some whiskey at my local and get some inspiration for writing about the S.F. fire and earthquake of 1906 and the people that helped those poor fuckers who managed to survive.
Tell 'em about Emperor Norton

Our very own...

audition
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by audition »

Welcome! I'm watching Withnail & I, so a gallon of red wine, please.
Candy
Is dandy
But liquor
Is quicker.
-Nash

Count Sporkula
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Count Sporkula »

Welcome... a Beer for me please. (no bud).

This is my first welcoming post. Been here for lord knows how long but don't post enough to get to know the regs (due to job restrictions).

I am sure you will fall in love with this site and forsake all others....

..... or you will be killed.

that is all.
You raise the blade, you make the change
You re-arrange me 'till I'm sane
You lock the door
And throw away the key
There's someone in my head but it's not me.

Judge

Post by Judge »

Welcome. 6th generation here. Since you're in the business could you find out what happened to my great-great-great-grandfather Frederik Franz? He was the founder of Franz Valley here in Sonoma/Napa county but left rather abruptly leaving his Boston based Scots wife and mother in law in charge of the land. He tottered off to SF to paint signs for a living.

Not much of a ending for a former German sea captain born at sea. Of course it he sucked at raising cattle and the women were school teachers and teetotallers. I don't blame him for leaving.

And let me add that his daughter was presented a portrait of herself by Virgil Williams as payment for letting him stay at their home a while.

Anyway welcome aboard, I'll have a Balvenie Doublewood 12.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

ruiner
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by ruiner »

some buffulo trace sounds pretty good. welcome aboard.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

calx
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by calx »

hello thar! i'll have a hoegaarden plz.
Watch "The Money Masters" on youtube and read "The Creature From Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin to unveil the true enemy.

Innovating the human race to extinction.™

Long live David Icke!

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by bluebottle »

hi newb. i'll take some bourbon. welcome to the city, again.

Martini Time
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Martini Time »

Another native here (though not as deep as you and Judge!!).

As the local "Ambassador of Good Cheer", I give you a hearty SF welcome to the board. Junipero Martini, up & dry, with two olives please.

Cheers!
"Martinis are a balm against a sordid world, a shield against all that is sullied, rushed and coarse"

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by bluebottle »

i love washington square park. mmmm