What's your favourite stage...

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Le Boozificator
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

What's your favourite stage...

Post by Le Boozificator »

...of drunkdome (yeah, probabily doesn't exist, who cares) and how would you describe it.

My favourite one is the one when you're just getting both excited and comfy, that weird stage when just any conversation seems to be a good opportunity to discover something fascinating about basically anyone in the audience.
"Aaaah, the great smurff infestation we had here back in April - The Professor lost part of his ear in that battle, but he emerged victorious, and was rewarded with a tin of Friskies "Ocean Whitefish and Tuna in sauce."
Thirsty about The Great Smurff Infestation days, one month before he blew up the KASTLE! again, trying to create a 220 proof alcohol again...

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Re: What's your favourite stage...

Post by NYDingbat »

The part where ya can talk to a brave, constantly fascinating French soldier in Chad.
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

Sleestack
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Sleestack »

NYDingbat wrote:The part where ya can talk to a brave, constantly fascinating French soldier in Chad.
*rolls eyes* holy shit NYD...have you no shame?
I've been unavoidably detained by my complete lack of punctuality.

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

Sleestack wrote:
NYDingbat wrote:The part where ya can talk to a brave, constantly fascinating French soldier in Chad.

Apparently not!

C'mon - tell me you don't have a bit of a man crush goin' on there. Stop. I mean, no one could blame you. He is SCALDING! Besides being intelligent and quite funny!
- mistah willies

- W.C. Fields

Sleestack
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Sleestack »

NYDingbat wrote:
Sleestack wrote:

Apparently not!

C'mon - tell me you don't have a bit of a man crush goin' on there. Stop. I mean, no one could blame you. He is SCALDING! Besides being intelligent and quite funny!

Ummmm......

No.

I would sit and drink with Boozie any day of the week, but I assure you, it's purly plutonic. Remember, he's French. He might make me do the Tango or some shit and that would just be embarasing...
I've been unavoidably detained by my complete lack of punctuality.

felinamojokitty
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by felinamojokitty »

well that first sip is almost fore-play as far as drinking..teasing, kissing the spirit with the elixir that fully embraces ones' body and soul..

then that medium stage..where you are just getting the buzz on and it starts building..you can feel it moving through every fiber of your body, muscles and soul..

where you will dance in your being and possibly around the table or couch smiling happy and just mellow..

and those frisky (semi-public) drunk moments..(you don't want to know)

anything pre-island. funny thing when i am on the island i know sorta what i'm doing but then sleep wipes it out for some reason.. ;)

cloud8
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by cloud8 »

..when my true love and I are blitzed together. Wekk Yeath.
"Never apologise for being in the Bourbon aisle."
--Smatter Noguts

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

I leave it all up to the Lizard. He always looks after me. I find he's got more sense than I have even stone cold undrunk. So big ups to you for having sense on The Island!

The voyage to The Island is indeed done in the stages so artfully described by you, felina.

With each cocktail you feel more relaxed, yet simultaneously giddy. Especially if you've got a worthy First Mate to sail with - or at the very least a deckhand that can hold his liquor.

Something to love about each stage. The zippy, warming buzz of the first stage serves as a lovely welcome mat. The hilarity of the medium stage where even a broken bone is funny. (Did that with a friend who broke an elbow at a shore house in Jersey. We used to couch dive every weekend. So.) Then the utter bliss and content - and especially the frisky -that accompanies the final stage.

YAY BOOZE!
- mistah willies

- W.C. Fields

ruiner
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by ruiner »

cloud8 wrote:..when my true love and I are blitzed together. Wekk Yeath.

alas, this has not happened in quite some time, and will not until right around 09. ah well. shouldn't take much when it does.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Eh, ya suck up.

Yeah, me too. We girls should form a fan club. First rule of the club is, drink. And then drink one for Boozy. After that, the snacks and some more drinking.
like tears in rain

cloud8
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by cloud8 »

Savage wrote:
Eh, ya suck up.

Yeah, me too. We girls should form a fan club. First rule of the club is, drink. And then drink one for Boozy. After that, the snacks and some more drinking.
I learn Finnish and play the piano. That's not good enough?
"Never apologise for being in the Bourbon aisle."
--Smatter Noguts

Chris87
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Chris87 »

The blurrish haze where lacking solid walk and speech, yet still capable of trying to not act drunk.
If the storm within gets too loud, I take a glass too much to stun myself
- Van Gogh

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

Post by waahoohah »

felinamojokitty wrote:then that medium stage..where you are just getting the buzz on and it starts building..you can feel it moving through every fiber of your body, muscles and soul..

where you will dance in your being and possibly around the table or couch smiling happy and just mellow..
I used to call that "the goofy stage".

A friend of mine in high school, his face would go numb during the goofy stage. Of course, we'd all begin administering "undrunkenness tests", upside the head, and everybody would get a good laugh.
Until that one day, when he woke up the morning after with two black eyes and stopped drinking with us....
"Beginner's luck is only possible if you try."

-Lee Harvey Oswald

calx
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by calx »

it doesn't happen often but my favorite stage is when i burst into song or force people to listen to me read poetry.
Watch "The Money Masters" on youtube and read "The Creature From Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin to unveil the true enemy.

Innovating the human race to extinction.™

Long live David Icke!

Mrs Glenfiddich
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Mrs Glenfiddich »

When you've had a few, and you know there are many more to come. You get that warm fuzzy feeling, like you are home and the rest of the world and your worries melt away with the ice in your single malt.
"Alcohol is a lifestyle. Alcohol is my lifestyle..." - Homer J. Simpson

"I drank myself a second arsehole." - Judith Lucy