I love Bourbon

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Re: I love Bourbon

Post by Chimneyfish »

coqui_chris wrote:Is Total Wine a national chain? There's a Total Wine down in Delaware, that's why I'm asking.
Total Wines is a very sleazy company and they recently expanded to California to compete with the company where I worked for West Coast dominance. They did things like corporate espionage and recruiting employees while they were on the clock, luring private label wine groups into breaching their contracts, putting out childish press releases, and taking heavy "influences" from their competition- like blatantly adding "& More" to the end of their name at the same time they opened a store in California.

All's fair in love and business I suppose. I'm officially out of the liquor industry now anyway so I don't really give a shit beyond who's got the cheapest prices.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Chimneyfish wrote:
They did things like corporate espionage and recruiting employees while they were on the clock, luring private label groups into breaching their contracts, putting out childish press releases, and taking heavy "influences" from their competition
Sounds like you were in the music-biz, Cf.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Dylboz
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dylboz »

I love the Total Wine, beats the shit out of BevMo, hands down. Good on them for the sleazy tactics, I like my booze from shady characters. Makes me feel all old school, like I'm in a well lit, ultra-commercial, big-box speakeasy that always checks my ID.
I've taken the edge off so many times, I'm round!

Fabricsoftner
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Fabricsoftner »

I love total wine, but it closes too early, and theyre like nazis with their id checking
<@Riddeford> lying on the ground laughing then going to get drunk on a pier. isn't what was fabric was born to do?

<apE> if theyd spend half as much time drinking as they do bitching, itd all be good

<@Fabric> Pint: why do I feel like shit?
<%pint> Fabric: people

<@fiyah> you're unemployed and drunk, you have no standards

ElvisStelth
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by ElvisStelth »

Now is a good time to stock up on "gift alcohol" and add to your barware as well. Last year I got 2 nice Wild Turkey glasses when I bought a 750ml. bottle. You can Keep the glasses and gift the booze. Or keep the booze & gift the glasses. Or keep it ALL for yourself (my favorite option)
Get a haircut, HIPPY!

Willicus
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Willicus »

Ezra Brooks used to by my number one lady, but I left Brooklyn for Manhattan, and the liquor store up here doesn't carry it. I usually go back and forth between Evan Williams and Old Granddad 100, depending on my mood.

However, I've taken to buying a pint of rotgut before a Saturday or Sunday night shift at work and putting it in a coke bottle. Makes the shift more fun.
"I feel bad for people who don't drink. They wake up in the morning, and that's the best they're going to feel all day." -Frank Sinatra

Dylboz

Post by Dylboz »

The bottles of Ezra Brooks and Evan Williams are almost identical.
I've taken the edge off so many times, I'm round!

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

I've been on some Kessler lately. It's the cheapest handle they sell at the liquor store next door.

ElvisStelth
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by ElvisStelth »

I am officially off 'til Jan 4!!! I got my 1.75L of Wild Turkey 101 and I think Santy Claws is givin me a bottle of Granddad 114! Fuck yes. I love the holidays!
Get a haircut, HIPPY!

Wanderlife
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Wanderlife »

Captain Fruch wrote:I may be Canadian, but I also love the bourbon, it stands for everything that is right with your culture. And I have a big bottle of it, that I will continue to indulge until gone or until I black out.
That is beautifull