Brown-Forman Product List

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Curb Feeler
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: Just below concrete on the Rockwell hardness scale.

Re: Brown-Forman Product List

Post by Curb Feeler »

I know Woodford Reserve is on that list, but I don't give a shit. I love the shit out of that bourbon. If B-F ever fucks with the recipe on that one...well....let's just say I work for a very large defense contractor and I know where the surplus missles are.

Never liked JD
Cell phones: The perfect way to keep in touch with distant friends whilst pissing off the ones sitting right next to you.

Uncle_Meat
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Uncle_Meat »

Woodford Reserve is your old 90proof Jack, I believe. Bought a handle or two and it was very good, but no more. Back to Wild Turkey 101 at a more reasonable price and more bang for the buck.
"I have a message to deliver to the cute people of the world...if you're cute, or maybe you're beautiful...
there's MORE OF US UGLYTHERFUCKERS OUT THERE THAN YOU ARE!! So watch out." -- FZ

Dgirl
Souse
Souse

Post by Dgirl »

bluespook wrote:I agree with FNZ. The dislike of jack around this board is common, but it's a huge product with a huge marketing budget behind it. I see it all the time, someone at the bar orders jack and i try to educate them, but in the end, they will still order it. I gotta make money too, so i still carry it while not drinking it myself because of the boycott but more importantly because there are alot better whiskeys out there, not just bourbons that are far superior for a better price. Jack is like Harley Davidson. It's Americana and people like it. Same reason for Harley, you can buy a better, cheaper, more dependable bike, but it doesn't have that Harley nameplate and people buy jack for the same reasons.
I understand. Business. People are ignorant. I was. Thanks to this marvelous website, I've since been enlightened. I passed the message along to my husband- who used to be a hard-core JD fan back in the Navy- and he looked at the proof when we were in a liquor store. He was amazed. We refuse to buy that shit now. Old Grandad is better. But, for my money...it's either The Famous Grouse or Wild Turkey.

P.S. I realize the difference between whisky, scotch and bourbon. I don't give a damn, so long as the bottle pours (credit to Bukowski).

lanternchikk
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by lanternchikk »

Brown-Foreskin are cuntbutlers.
Die Götter sind besoffen, der Olymp ist vollgekotzt.

JohnnyT

Post by JohnnyT »

where is my cuntbutler?

jeeves, quickly, bring me a cunt.

Uncle_Meat
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Uncle_Meat »

JohnnyTequila wrote:where is my cuntbutler?

No, it's someone who services the cunt and aids in douching and all that hygeine for wealthy elite women. Sort of like the 'Groom of the Stool', that person that goes to the toilet with the Queen of England to wipe their rears for them. This is a coveted noble position.
"I have a message to deliver to the cute people of the world...if you're cute, or maybe you're beautiful...
there's MORE OF US UGLYTHERFUCKERS OUT THERE THAN YOU ARE!! So watch out." -- FZ

Surreal
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Surreal »

Curb Feeler wrote:I know Woodford Reserve is on that list, but I don't give a shit. I love the shit out of that bourbon. If B-F ever fucks with the recipe on that one...well....let's just say I work for a very large defense contractor and I know where the surplus missles are.

Never liked JD
Concur.

i have to confess I have a stash of Woodford in my bar. it's like crack. i won't tuch the TJD, but I can't help my self with the Woodford.....
fuck em man, it ain't easy walkin the righteous path.
- Hoss

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

Surreal wrote:
Curb Feeler wrote:I know Woodford Reserve is on that list, but I don't give a shit. I love the shit out of that bourbon. If B-F ever fucks with the recipe on that one...well....let's just say I work for a very large defense contractor and I know where the surplus missles are.

Never liked JD
Concur.

i have to confess I have a stash of Woodford in my bar. it's like crack. i won't tuch the TJD, but I can't help my self with the Woodford.....

Word is you'll you do nothin' but help yourself with the wood...ford.
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

redshift
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by redshift »

JohnnyTequila wrote:where is my cuntbutler?

He is prolly whoring out in Soho.
The What?? I hate signature images!

ghostface1
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by ghostface1 »

gotta say, that list isn't a big deal. tjd, some wine etc. no problem here keeping a personal boycott going.
"Please sir, make it whiskey
For I have no head for wine."

gnarkill
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by gnarkill »

The only one that gets me is woodford reserve. not that I can afford it, but that shit is some delicious bourbon. oh well. Fuck em.
IN VINO VERITAS

Uncle_Meat
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Uncle_Meat »

gnarkill wrote:The only one that gets me is woodford reserve. not that I can afford it, but that shit is some delicious bourbon. oh well. Fuck em.
Try Maker's Mark...It's about $10 less by fifth. There is always Wild Turkey 101, even cheaper.

gnarkill
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by gnarkill »

Beleive you me, I know the pleasures of makers and turkey 101. I'm not saying I'm a dedicated woodford guy, I just think it's pretty damn fine bourbon. out of the 3 mentioned, turkey 101 is my go-to, as it allows me to start howling at the moon much sooner, given the extra 21proof.

“Full moon tonight, fuckers! Watch out for me! Full moon tonight! Lock up your bar tabs and hide your beers!”
Nameless were-wino howling at passersby from the mouth of the alley at Colfax and Vine.

~from the wino wisdom section of the mag.
IN VINO VERITAS

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

Pappy van Winkle - either the 15 year or 20 year. You'll never touch the Brown-Forman stuff, or anything else for that matter, again. I don't even like bourbon and I have sipped on this stuff. It's dedamnedlicious. Give it a shot. So to speak.
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

Booz Hound
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Booz Hound »

I recently took this list to my local ABC store and managed to convince some of the employees to inform the masses. Hope this works.
Fear the Man, kill the snitch. Just remember life's a bitch.
- Motorhead

Oh nooo, my brain!
- Hans Moleman