What songs do you want played at your funeral?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: What songs do you want played at your funeral?

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Sonic Screwball wrote:The song that is played during Final Jeopardy! Not the one with the bongos though, that would be tasteless.
I think the final Jeopardy song is "I'm a Little Teapot".
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

On a related note: search for the speech John Cleese reads at Graham Chapman's funeral. It is hilarious.

Or don't...
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

FNZ wrote:On a related note: search for the speech John Cleese reads at Graham Chapman's funeral. It is hilarious.

Or don't...
But it always makes me cry. Has it really been nearly twenty years?
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Today's the Day, by America.
like tears in rain

fizzmaster
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by fizzmaster »

"What a Girl Wants" by Christina Aguilera.
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. "
-Hunter S. Thompson

http://fermentedfilm.blogspot.com/
http://indiewrasslin.tumblr.com/

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

fizzmaster wrote:"What a Girl Wants" by Christina Aguilera.
And not "Beautiful"?
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Ptflea2
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Ptflea2 »

I want "After the Fire" by Der Kommisar (aka Falco) to play just to fuck with everyone there. It'd be a great "what the hell?" moment.
Last edited by Ptflea2 on Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hinchliffe
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Location: Suburban Blight, Texas (I know it's weird, but I'm a chick. Sorry to disappoint.)

Post by Hinchliffe »

Tupleo Honey, by Mr. Van Morrison

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojGuCttS55w

Also for no damn reason at all, some They Might Be Giants. Let's close with The Parting Glass, too. Why not?
"Ducking for apples -- change one letter and it's the story of my life." -- Dorothy Parker

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/18662/827339

I wanna see a conga line at my services/festivities.
like tears in rain

Mr.
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Mr. »

Something I wrote. Yeah, I'm pretentious like that.

And "Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows" by Lesley Gore. They have to sing it too.
Enough time to be undrunk in death. - Darkthrone

Surreal
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Surreal »

Ptflea2 wrote:I want "After the Fire" by Der Kommisar (aka Falco) to play just to fuck with everyone there. It'd be a great "what the hell?" moment.
Being cremated are we now???

ps - I don't want any "what the hell" moments at my funeral. I want everything loaded in my favor when I hits the pearly gates. It's gonna be a close one....

pps - why not have that background music from the original Halloween playing during the viewing. or the theme from Jaws?
fuck em man, it ain't easy walkin the righteous path.
- Hoss

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

daphne wrote: Of course, after this compilation of madness, someone hands out the neon necklaces and chem lights, and the rave begins. I'm not having a funeral. Seriously. I've decided I want a party instead. Even if I live long enough to make it to ninety, I want a party. Life is a celebration, and moving on should be, too. Anyone here who's still kicking will get a free pass. I will ensure that someone makes Snacks.
I don't understand this divide between a celebration/party and a funeral? Are the two things supposed to be mutually exclusive?

It has been my Irish-American experience that they are one-and-the-same.
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

coqui_chris wrote:
I don't understand this divide between a celebration/party and a funeral? Are the two things supposed to be mutually exclusive?

Hear, hear!!
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

daphne
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: Washington. Home of JZ Knight and other nuts, which is why we drink here.

Post by daphne »

coqui_chris wrote:
daphne wrote: Of course, after this compilation of madness, someone hands out the neon necklaces and chem lights, and the rave begins. I'm not having a funeral. Seriously. I've decided I want a party instead. Even if I live long enough to make it to ninety, I want a party. Life is a celebration, and moving on should be, too. Anyone here who's still kicking will get a free pass. I will ensure that someone makes Snacks.

No, I don't think they should be exclusive at all, and I like your view on funerals. I wasn't thinking about the differences in how we see funerals, as this is a national board.

The divide is in the fact that everyone here has different death ceremony experiences, and unfortunately, I was not as lucky as you in this area, or so it seems. As a child. my Catholic funeral memories were torturous feats of health care-related marathons of bunches of seniors, one outdoing the other in regards to medication, knowledge of the dead, and how close someone's spouse was to kicking it. They were the Elderly version of Fear Factor. I only remember meat and cheese trays, diabetic support hose, and babushkas. I remember ridiculously long trips to the burial site - the freezing mausoleum at St. Anthony's cemetery where my feet would get cold as some priest would give a sermon that I never listened to. I remember while I was not allowed to be loud, all the adults would laugh about stupid crap instead of talking about the deceased. It has occurred to me that were I to have been a bit older and this forum had been around earlier, I'd have taken advantage of these marathon guilt engorgements to sneak drinks from the tables and toast the deceased.

I on't want my family to have the same connection with funerals that I have. Thus, a party. The thought that it could still be a funeral is a nice one.
RIP Frederick and my beloved GatorX
You deserve all the puffery you can get
daph and grip say "bourbony goodness!"
http://daphneszoo.com/

Mr.
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Mr. »

daphne wrote:No, I don't think they should be exclusive at all, and I like your view on funerals. I wasn't thinking about the differences in how we see funerals, as this is a national board.
national board? I resent that.
Enough time to be undrunk in death. - Darkthrone