Beer at mcDonald's?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Beer at mcDonald's?

Post by Wingman »

El Boozificator wrote: I hired the kids and am currently using the lance as a fancy coat hanger.
haha! so why can't you make mcdonald's serve good beer?
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

deaddog
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by deaddog »

cloud8 wrote:Going to McDonald's for beer would be like going to Chuck E. Cheese's for pizza.
I agree with this except with one exclusion. It would seem very proper to serve beer with McRibs. McRibs, McRibs,McRibs, where are you?
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

BeerMakesMeSmart
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by BeerMakesMeSmart »

deaddog wrote:
cloud8 wrote:Going to McDonald's for beer would be like going to Chuck E. Cheese's for pizza.
I agree with this except with one exclusion. It would seem very proper to serve beer with McRibs. McRibs, McRibs,McRibs, where are you?

Try The McRib Locator!
I'll miss you, pallie.

fizzmaster
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by fizzmaster »

I've always found beer and McDonalds to be a bad match. Something about the purity of the beer exposes the grossness of the McDonalds. Better to drink something like soda that has acid in it to wash the taste and grossness out of your mouth. Believe me, I love McDonalds as much as the next man, but when you experiment with it, eating it with different drinks, etc., you realize how gross it is.
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. "
-Hunter S. Thompson

http://fermentedfilm.blogspot.com/
http://indiewrasslin.tumblr.com/

Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Crystal »

Bunch of heathens. I love McDonalds. I have drank beer with it. I think it's just fine. If McDonald's sold beer here in town, I'd be in heaven.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
GFYCMD- Go Fuck Yourself, Captain Mike Davis.

Negromancer
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Negromancer »

I don't eat any of that stuff, but the day McDonald's serves beer here, will be the day Norway is under Russian rule. I think beer would conflict with peoples' idea of the term "child/family friendly".
"The best drink of the day, was the drink he had in his head before the first drink of the day."

Jelmo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Jelmo »

Negromancer wrote:I don't eat any of that stuff, but the day McDonald's serves beer here, will be the day Norway is under Russian rule. I think beer would conflict with peoples' idea of the term "child/family friendly".
Big yellow M also claims it to be a restaurant. Confilct there as well, so bring on the beer!
"Don't give a damn how this turns out
Drain bottles just to scream and shout
On the run from reality
Poison helps me and go flee"

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

The gentleman in the picture with me (from 2006) is Joe Willie "Pinetop" Perkins. I've known him since 1971 and he was my neighbor in Austin TX for a while.

Pinetop turns 96yo this year and is the last of the original, barrel-house blues piano-players. He's a Grammy-winner, and he STILL travels the world playing and singing the blues to this day!

He quit drinking @10 years ago, after a spate of minor, drunken fender-benders. At one time, while in his early-80s and when he still lived in Chicago, he was simultaneously wearing TWO(!?!) house-arrest, electronic ankle-monitors (sort of like a modern version of his slavery-era ancestors, I guess).

He smokes a pack-and-a-half of Kool Filters every day and eats McDonald's burgers as often as he can get them smuggled past his minders.

Pinetop Perkins is truly an American treasure.

"Man...bring me some McDonalds."

"Okay, Pine..."
Attachments
IM000962.jpg
IM000962.jpg (48.46 KiB) Viewed 1128 times
Last edited by peetie44 on Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Bluespook
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Bluespook »

damn, that's livin. Boozin it up, smoking kools and eating Mc D's and still living to 96. That guy has it figured out, here's to Pintop!
Beer's just being social. Whiskey's drinkin'.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

bluespook wrote:damn, that's livin. Boozin it up, smoking kools and eating Mc D's and still living to 96. That guy has it figured out, here's to Pintop!
Spooky,

He was the piano-player for both Sonny Boy Williamson #2 (Rice Miller) AND Muddy Waters.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

I ate at a McD's in downtown Heidleberg (for logistical reasons.) They did have bier but I didn't get one.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

tisbor
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by tisbor »

McDonald's in a beer

Le Boozificator
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Le Boozificator »

peetie44 wrote:The gentleman in the picture with me (from 2006) is Joe Willie "Pinetop" Perkins. I've known him since 1971 and he was my neighbor in Austin TX for a while.

Pinetop turns 96yo this year and is the last of the original, barrel-house blues piano-players. He's a Grammy-winner, and he STILL travels the world playing and singing the blues to this day!

He quit drinking @10 years ago, after a spate of minor, drunken fender-benders. At one time, while in his early-80s and when he still lived in Chicago, he was simultaneously wearing TWO(!?!) house-arrest, electronic ankle-monitors (sort of like a modern version of his slavery-era ancestors, I guess).

He smokes a pack-and-a-half of Kool Filters every day and eats McDonald's burgers as often as he can get them smuggled past his minders.

Pinetop Perkins is truly an American treasure.

"Man...bring me some McDonalds."

"Okay, Pine..."
Fatalis wants a share of the DNA of this gentleman.
My, that's seriously impressive.
"Aaaah, the great smurff infestation we had here back in April - The Professor lost part of his ear in that battle, but he emerged victorious, and was rewarded with a tin of Friskies "Ocean Whitefish and Tuna in sauce."
Thirsty about The Great Smurff Infestation days, one month before he blew up the KASTLE! again, trying to create a 220 proof alcohol again...

Le Boozificator
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

FNZ wrote:I ate at a McD's in downtown Heidleberg (for logistical reasons.) They did have bier but I didn't get one.
You understand that you deserve severe punishment for this behaviour.
"Aaaah, the great smurff infestation we had here back in April - The Professor lost part of his ear in that battle, but he emerged victorious, and was rewarded with a tin of Friskies "Ocean Whitefish and Tuna in sauce."
Thirsty about The Great Smurff Infestation days, one month before he blew up the KASTLE! again, trying to create a 220 proof alcohol again...

Le Boozificator
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Wingman wrote:
El Boozificator wrote: I hired the kids and am currently using the lance as a fancy coat hanger.
haha! so why can't you make mcdonald's serve good beer?
Because I want the ruin and destruction of this so-called restaurant line ? How could I haste their fall any better than by letting them serve their shitty beer!
Yes, Fatalis can sometimes be cruel...