Fuck! That's not good

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Fuck! That's not good

Post by Rip Rufus »

When I walked across the street to my local, I turned the corner and saw no cars in the parking lot. That's not all that unusual. Then I saw that the neons weren't on. And the door was locked. And the orange sign in the window saying that the property (and all the contents therein) had been seized. That's bad. Guess my days of walking to the nearest bar are over, unless the owner can come up with the taxes he owes. Where are Jake & Elwood when I need them?
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

Hobo
Souse
Souse

Re: Fuck! That's not good

Post by Hobo »

Jump a train. I guarnatee you'll be amused!

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Dude, i've lived here over 10 years, If my bar next door shut down, I'd move.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Post by Rip Rufus »

TurkeyDrunk wrote:Dude, i've lived here over 10 years, If my bar next door shut down, I'd move.
It's in a strip mall. Someone will re-open it in 3 months. But that's a long 3 months to wait. Damn it! And to close it down on the biggest drinking night of the year is adding insult to injury.
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

knumbskull
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by knumbskull »

could be good... was it shut down for illegal activities? and do they sell liquor at police auctions?

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rip Rufus »

knumbskull wrote:could be good... was it shut down for illegal activities? and do they sell liquor at police auctions?
I appreciate the effort, but there is no way to put a positive spin on this. UNless someone opens a better bar in its place, with hot bartenders who are easy.

knumbskull
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by knumbskull »

Rip Rufus wrote:
knumbskull wrote:could be good... was it shut down for illegal activities? and do they sell liquor at police auctions?
I appreciate the effort, but there is no way to put a positive spin on this. UNless someone opens a better bar in its place, with hot bartenders who are easy.
it may yet happen! hang in there. also sofa boozing is a fine sport, in the meantime...

Hobo
Souse
Souse

Post by Hobo »

Twas a story similar to this that set me down the road. Ole Stash's Pub done shut down, so there I was. No Men' room to crqash in, so I jumped.

Been jumping evre since. Found this Ole Boy's laptop by the tracks, so maybe the Feds or Verizon or who knows will cut me off.

But until; then......

Uncle_Meat
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Uncle_Meat »

It will be a shame if it isn't reopened under new management. How far is the next one?
"I have a message to deliver to the cute people of the world...if you're cute, or maybe you're beautiful...
there's MORE OF US UGLYTHERFUCKERS OUT THERE THAN YOU ARE!! So watch out." -- FZ

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Uncle_Meat wrote:. How far is the next one?
Excellent question
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

Been there. I mean, not that place but had a locla close on me a year ago and mourn it still, hoping to see lost patron/riends at another joint.

Boom-Boom Room, East Lansing, 30 years ago. I got sotries to tell.

yes. i;m fucked up . Again.

Hobo
Souse
Souse

Post by Hobo »

TurkeyDrunk wrote:
Uncle_Meat wrote:. How far is the next one?
Excellent question
I ask myself that every day.

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rip Rufus »

Uncle_Meat wrote:How far is the next one?
Not in walking distance, and that's the key to the whole mess.

lmr5150
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by lmr5150 »

My favorite bar is 20 feet from where I sleep and it closes when I die.

felinamojokitty
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by felinamojokitty »

rip roofie stock up at the nearest packy.. knock on doors with the older ladies who would gladly drive you if too far and you have no vehichle

offer to pick tomatoes for a bottle of hooch..dammnitt do what you gotta do..

and you know you are the stud

just go one time and stock up... and what i wanna know is why in NewJersey they put (penne) pasta on a perfectly good pizza...does that pie need more starch?