What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Palinka (RIP)

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Vodka and bitter tears of disappointment with An Uncertain Smile.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Rev. Dead Corpse
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Rev. Dead Corpse »

Seems apropo for a second post...

Cheap vodka and generic diet cola.

Taaka is only $12 for a 1.75, but tastes like Svedka without the astringent edge. Made in Kentucky, so how awful could it be?

They also had a good deal going on Drambui, so into the cart went that as well.
<insert something profound here>

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Bur wrote:Koff, cheap finnish beer. The fact that makes it delicious is that it's cold. We've been having +25-30 degrees of European sort all effing week, I think this is officially the year that broke Finland somehow.
There's something about a cheap, cold beer in warm weather that can't be replicated under other circumstances. It's sort of similar to taking a piss when you've been holding it in for too long. Even better is if you get the beer just-almost-ready-to-explode cold in the freezer first.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Rev. Dead Corpse wrote:...Taaka is only $12 for a 1.75, but tastes like Svedka without the astringent edge. Made in Kentucky, so how awful could it be?

They also had a good deal going on Drambui, so into the cart went that as well.
Taaka is made at Heaven Hill... haven't tried it, but I wouldn't be afraid to try anything they make, even if it's cheap. They know their stuff.

Drambuie, I'll use in Rusty Nails on occasion. A good find if it's on sale.

Tonight is good tequila and craft beer night. Currently buzzling on an 8% IPA and some straight 100% agave tequila. Life is good, if slightly blurry.

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

RP Owens
Souse
Souse

Post by RP Owens »

Port. Tawny bloody Port.
"I don't have a drinking problem. 'Cept when I can't get a drink." -- Tom Waits

Rev. Dead Corpse
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Rev. Dead Corpse »

booznik wrote:
Taaka is made at Heaven Hill... haven't tried it, but I wouldn't be afraid to try anything they make, even if it's cheap. They know their stuff.
Curiously enough, I bought it off the bottom shelf to use as a base for home made Fakevavit. Turned out very smooth with bright tones from the coriander and cracked black pepper. In fact, surprisingly smooth, so I tried a dram of it neat and fresh from the bottle.

It's been a dietary staple ever since.
<insert something profound here>

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

RP Owens wrote:Port. Tawny bloody Port.
Approved.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

booznik wrote:
Bur wrote:Koff, cheap finnish beer. The fact that makes it delicious is that it's cold. We've been having +25-30 degrees of European sort all effing week, I think this is officially the year that broke Finland somehow.
There's something about a cheap, cold beer in warm weather that can't be replicated under other circumstances. It's sort of similar to taking a piss when you've been holding it in for too long. Even better is if you get the beer just-almost-ready-to-explode cold in the freezer first.
Spot on.
Same as cheap blended boxed wine (must be under a buck for the litre), warm as your bloodstream, you lying under a random tree in inner city, people walking by in disgust. The fuck you effect is something different.
If they ever take away this country`s public inebriation allowance I`ll go rampant! Already trying it on plubic transportation. Entering drunk as fuck is allowed but not "gettin there" and being still in the process. Makes no sense whatsoever... Whait I`ll just put it into that soda bottle, game on!

Need another vodka now
Drink!

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Old Overholt rye
30 pack of Hamm's is still under 15 bucks.
PRAISE ALMIGHTY
Cheers!
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

ThurstonDrunk wrote:Old Overholt rye
30 pack of Hamm's is still under 15 bucks.
PRAISE ALMIGHTY
Cheers!
Sir, you are a Thirsty Drunk, and what's more, your taste is impeccable.

Honest to God American rye whiskey and cheap American beer. God bless the USA. You'll have to pry my cheap booze from my cold, dead, hands.

I drink too much tequila, but El Diablo made me do it.

Badges? To god damned hell with badges. We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god damned cabrón, and chinga tu madre!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

booznik wrote:too much
I first thought there was some dirt on my screen, tried to get it off with some rubbing alcohol, then noticed that there certainly is better use for it.

Anyway, that crappy beer they sell at the gas station says: brewing tradition since 1852. Guess I got the very first one, what did I win?
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

booznik wrote:
Badges? To god damned hell with badges. We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god damned cabrón, and chinga tu madre!
Ah. That is a fine sailing vessel indeed.

Launch the Main!

We have an ocean to explore

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

I'LL SWALLA YA SOUL!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Is it some coincidence beer looks a lot like urine? Just wondering...
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.