What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by Mr. Viking »

givemesomepils wrote:a nice big 40oz of steel reserve high gravity. one of the worst tasting malt liquors out their in my opinion, but with it being only $2 for a 40oz it's worth buying.
beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I'd love to find an eloquent way to link this with "there's no accounting for taste"
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by givemesomepils »

Mr. Viking wrote:
givemesomepils wrote:a nice big 40oz of steel reserve high gravity. one of the worst tasting malt liquors out their in my opinion, but with it being only $2 for a 40oz it's worth buying.
beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I'd love to find an eloquent way to link this with "there's no accounting for taste"
hm, idk seems like they are in the same ballpark. the really beauty is the drunken glow this stuff has given me.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." hunter s. thompson god rest his soul

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

Some things are borderline going to shit in the whole lovey-dovey sector of my life with "the one", and really the only. Got Evan Williams and have been downing it tonight and last night, because what kind of sorrows drowning is a man doing if it's not cheap whiskey? Next buy might be Old Crow though, at this point.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

brandonman wrote:Some things are borderline going to shit in the whole lovey-dovey sector of my life with "the one", and really the only. Got Evan Williams and have been downing it tonight and last night, because what kind of sorrows drowning is a man doing if it's not cheap whiskey? Next buy might be Old Crow though, at this point.
Sorry to hear that man. Drinking either to the rebirth of your current couple or the success of the next one. Cheers!
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Dale
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Dale »

Currently I'm drinking bitters.
"What doesn't kill you makes you ... stranger."

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

Mr Boozificator wrote:Sorry to hear that man. Drinking either to the rebirth of your current couple or the success of the next one. Cheers!
Cheers, man. At best case, if she continues acting like my opinion is ill-informed and can't have an affect due to the circumstances, which it can, we're looking at upwards of 2 years in a 4 hour drive long distance deal... It's for stupid shit, too. And, of course, I'm the bad guy for saying things like "Oh why don't you just do this for 6 months, or even upwards of a year? 2 years is a long time and we risk losing what we have", and she's "brooding", because I was trying to save our relationship while offering a compromise. If I had my whole way, this retarded escapade wouldn't be a thing.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by givemesomepils »

feeling super chillaxed on 3 50ml bottles of vodka and 2mg of what was it called again, oh yeah xanax. yeah that's it. anyway i think i found the amount to not ever go over with this combo (disclaimer combining benzos or other pills with ethanol can lead to an overdose or a serious blackout where you injure yourself or your loved ones). anyway feeling greeet.
update: I added another 50ml bottle of vodka and a 40 oz of Old English high gravity (8.0%)
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." hunter s. thompson god rest his soul

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

Dark rum and cheap festive ales.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Bourgueil before the Margaux. I love drinks around midnight.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Shane-O-Matic wrote:Dark rum and cheap festive ales.
Dark rum?

My goodness. Is it approaching black? That is the tasty.

The darker the berry, the sweeter the juice.

or, the dark meat is moist. with white meat, it indicates gravy on it

Oops. wrong thread

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

mistah willies wrote:
Shane-O-Matic wrote:Dark rum and cheap festive ales.
Dark rum?

My goodness. Is it approaching black? That is the tasty.

The darker the berry, the sweeter the juice.

or, the dark meat is moist. with white meat, it indicates gravy on it

Oops. wrong thread
It's a bottle of Lamb's navy rum. Not the sweetest, but effective enough. Prefer Wood's when flush.

Cheers!

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Shane-O-Matic wrote:It's a bottle of Lamb's navy rum. Not the sweetest, but effective enough. Prefer Wood's when flush.

Cheers!
One of my tenants drinks lambs. Gets through about three 1.5l bottles a week. Because he struggles with the stairs his neice brings his bins out. The bottles are always individually wrapped in brown paper. We reckon it's so they don't clink.

Please note I don't stalk him, I sometimes help him in with his shopping and he always buys a couple of them. I also take out the communal bins
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

Mr. Viking wrote:
Shane-O-Matic wrote:It's a bottle of Lamb's navy rum. Not the sweetest, but effective enough. Prefer Wood's when flush.

Cheers!
One of my tenants drinks lambs. Gets through about three 1.5l bottles a week. Because he struggles with the stairs his neice brings his bins out. The bottles are always individually wrapped in brown paper. We reckon it's so they don't clink.

Please note I don't stalk him, I sometimes help him in with his shopping and he always buys a couple of them. I also take out the communal bins
You're a good lad.

I probably wouldn't have started drinking dark rum at all if it wasn't for my dad. Any weekend I visit him, it's either rum or red wine we drink. Easy to get a taste for it. Plus, my dad bought a wee boat recently, so you start to think of yourself in exaggerated terms as a hardened, roadworn sailor.

I might be drunk.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I like to drink lambs too. haven't for a while, usually with my brother. I started because I was given a desk drawer unit by my parents and it had a miniature bottle of lambs in it. I drink it now because it is good. And cheap

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

I'll drink to that. *salutes*