What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by benitobeast69 »

scream ale wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:48 pm
benitobeast69 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:32 pm
scream ale wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:51 am
Working my way through a sixer I made at the supermarket of various beers in the cooler. Currently swilling a 'Peace Bomber', ale made with Riesling juice, from the (usually) fine people at War Horse. This one is a miss and a half, for me at least. Really not liking it. This strange citrusy after taste and flat beer thing it has going on kinda...sucks? I've definitely had worse though. Also in that sixer: 'Meat & Potatoes' dinner stout from Lord Hobo(pretty tasty), 'Pennsylvania Tuxedo' from Dogfish Head(not bad, not bad) and three 'Breakfast with Churchill' an oatmeal coffee stout also from War Horse(the only one in the bunch I've had previously, looking forward to these).
I love the whole make your own six pack thing. they have it at my local store and I think if you buy 6 bottles (or multiples of 6) you get 25% off. basically makes up for the huge mark up on single bottles over packs and means you can try a load of different brews. kinda makes me feel like i'm on a little solo bar crawl at home.
They are pretty fun to make and and an awesome way to try different brews. Especially awesome when something in the cooler primarily comes in $20 four packs and I just don't wanna cough up the bucks for the chance to try something that I really might not like. Even more awesome still - when I've tried one of those beers from the super pricey four packs and I go back to make another mixed sixer and some kind and wonderful (or possibly just careless) employee has stocked the cooler with five or sometimes more of that very pricey delicious beer that I can now get more than four of for nearly half the price of that four pack. Fuck yeah.
sounds like the dream man....you guys are lucky over there though, in the uk craft beers don't often come in packs so unless you are getting a deal like the one you mentioned before it can be outrageously expensive. i'm afraid tonights drinking is nowhere near as interesting as yours...i have a fresh bottle of beam black which is nice...beer wise though i have nothing but budweiser. it was free though which is a plus...the guy who gave me them also offered me a free budweiser festive jumper...i would have taken it but it had "drink responsibly" in huge letters on it....i play for the other team mate.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

^^^Beam black and free beer sounds like a winning combo to me good sir.

About to crack into a fresh bottle of Bushmills black to end this sorry ass excuse for a year.

Cheers everyone!!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

We were upstairs at my parent`s and had some champagne. Needles to say we were a little tipsy by guzzling vodka all day.
Still I manged to down a couple of father`s whitewines, though I felt a little bit uneasy seeing the bottle go empty. He told me important stuff that we both wont remember, he for being old and me for thinking about having my next real drink with some smoke
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Cold beer. All day long. It's been a fun day off.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Clearly not drunk enough to call it quits. Drinking more of the usual despite it being a work day tomorrow -- I'll manage.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Old Port (Portland, Maine) "bourbon" whiskey that is named Liquid Riot.
It's kind of like tea instead of robust coffee.
45% ABV but it has a handy dandy Grolsch-style bottle stopper.

At least there's that.

Tomorrow: 4" of snow as we hunt for a place to live in Bangor or Veazie.

Now for more Maine "bourbon"

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Jim Beam washing all the bullshit of the day away.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

An Old Fashioned with Riverboat Rye.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

gede
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by gede »

vermouth and soda, with some bitters. Gotta get rid of this bottle of Cinzano somehow

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

4 cans in of a local ipa...brewed by some cool as fuck guys down the street from my house. I've made a rum and coke as well a couple of minutes ago but not touched it yet. I used to drink shit loads of rum and cokes back in the day...I saw they had appletons on offer at my supermarket so though what the feeeekk.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Same old voddie with lemon slices
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Genesee and Woodford Reserve. Cheap beer and good whiskey-always a fun combo.

Happy friday!

drunkin' Wisconsinite
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by drunkin' Wisconsinite »

Jai Lai IPA - cheers to all you marvelous drunks out there!

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

pints of gin and tonic...just had my first ever intervention from non family members. feel like I popped my cherry.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:02 pm
pints of gin and tonic...just had my first ever intervention from non family members. feel like I popped my cherry.
Earn your wings and to hell with 'em. Find your own habits fuckers
Drink!