What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies

scream ale
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by scream ale »

Last of my Bushmills black label. Neat. Not sure where I'm headed after this. Maybe rye? I love surprises sometimes.

benitobeast69
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by benitobeast69 »

long time no see... just necked the last staropramen beer from the cases I bought...drinking a beam and coke now to wake up while I decide between neat whiskey or more beer (stella cases piled out back)….fuck it, I know full well I'll have both.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane. (needless to say, with a non-hungover person at the controls)." - Kinglsey Amis

Nausea
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Nausea »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:28 pm
long time no see...
Where ya been?

As for me, I'm drinking some Wild Turkey 101. This, too, has been a long while since.

Smells wonderful. And certainly packs a punch.
Oh God, my grandmother would kill me.

benitobeast69
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by benitobeast69 »

Nausea wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:54 pm
benitobeast69 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:28 pm
long time no see...
Where ya been?

As for me, I'm drinking some Wild Turkey 101. This, too, has been a long while since.

Smells wonderful. And certainly packs a punch. The similarities to Clynelish 14 are interesting.
I've got some 101 in the cabinet myself so may join you.. we pay a pretty penny for it here in England when you can find it.. usually don't bother as it's scarcity means you can get stuff just as good for less but I won said bottle in a meat raffle at my local pub. as to where I've been I lost my password and this has been the first time I've both thought about logging on and undrunk enough to recover it at the same time. hope you and everyone else here has been well
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane. (needless to say, with a non-hungover person at the controls)." - Kinglsey Amis

Another Tipsy Sailor
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Another Tipsy Sailor »

Ardbeg 10 on the rocks. Well, one big ice cube.
"Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I’m not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you’ve felt that way."
-Charles Bukowski

I was probably drunk when I said that, but I meant it.

The second best thing about a shot of Malört is the face the bartender makes when you order it.

Lush City
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Lush City »

It's Sunday nite and in my book it's the best night for drinking if you can afford it. That means you don't have to show up to a job early Monday morning. That's what I'm talking about. Sucking down Tanqueray martinis and beer chasers all day. Cheers!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Nausea
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Nausea »

Back to the cheap stuff tonight -- and plenty of it.

Another Tipsy Sailor
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Right now: Manhattan with two shots Templeton Rye 4 year, two Bulliet Bourbon, and two Punt e Mes vermouth (plus some Peychaud's and two or three Luxardo cherries.) After this maybe another, similar. I don't think switching to scotch is ideal. Possibly a Martini. It just dawned on me that I might have one beer left in the icebox. Maybe do a variation on an Old Fashioned? My ingredients on hand don't seem to add up well. Have to make a stop at the liquor store tomorrow and re-arm.
"Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I’m not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you’ve felt that way."
-Charles Bukowski

The second best thing about a shot of Malört is the face the bartender makes when you order it.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

I like a bourbon Manhattan, with a bit of sweet. The lovely clink of the ice cubes against the crystal...the lights on the Christmas tree. Christmas music...if only we could look outside and see snow. Just see it, I mean. I've lived in Indiana and I've lived in Massachusetts, and snow actually kind of sucks.
like tears in rain

Nausea
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Nausea »

WT101. Loves me a bold whiskey. I think finishing the bottle is in order. 'Tiz my day off, after all...

scream ale
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by scream ale »

2% milk.

No, I kid. Beam black neat. Cheers to the end of the most boring Tuesday in recent memory.

Another Tipsy Sailor
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Trying a can of Crafters Union "Daring & Elegant" red blend wine in a can I bought on a whim at the gas station on my way to work. It's pretty good, actually. Probably isn't meant to be drank chilled but it's chilly out it it was in my car for 12 hours. A not great but not bad end to a not bad but not great day.
-Charles Bukowski

scream ale
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by scream ale »

Some Bells expedition stout. Perfect for a cold blustery winter's eve.

benitobeast69
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by benitobeast69 »

wt101 with grolsh chasers... they have just stopped selling grolsh in the UK which is a fucking shame. my buddy works for Molson coors though who used to brew it here under licence...he got a shit load of free cases that they could no longer sell and donated 3 to me... happy fucking chritsmas. hah

scream ale
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by scream ale »

Woodford reserve neat. Takes the chill out of your bones nicely.