What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Another Tipsy Sailor
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by Another Tipsy Sailor »

Hugh wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:51 pm
Howcome you only have 38 posts in five years?
Bermuda Triangle.

Tonight it's Ardbeg 10, my go-to scotch, drinking especially to celebrate Repeal Day! Cheers to you magnificent bastards.
"Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I’m not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you’ve felt that way."
-Charles Bukowski

I was probably drunk when I said that, but I meant it.

The second best thing about a shot of Malört is the face the bartender makes when you order it.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

High West double rye, neat. Cheers and happy Friday!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Kessler. Just bought a new 1.75 L bottle after having just bought one on Monday. It's day 10 of my bender and I've been putting it away.

Still not up to Lemmy's level, though.

Here's the shelf alignment at CVS Pharmacy:
Bottom shelf - Kessler
One up - Evan Williams
Two up - Jim Beam
Top shelf: Knob Creek.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

scream ale wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:27 pm
Do you regularly drink whiskey neat? It's my only way. I never mix or add ice.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Hell yea, Friday is Ryeday! Wild Turkey rye for me.
And yes, straight, although I do keep a bottle of water handy, for health reasons you see.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Hugh wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:09 pm
scream ale wrote:
Almost always. I enjoy a hot toddy now and then. I like mixing hard cider and rye. Bourbon and coffee is fun. Bloody marys have their time and place. But yeah, usually neat.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:44 pm
Hell yea, Friday is Ryeday! Wild Turkey rye for me.
And yes, straight, although I do keep a bottle of water handy, for health reasons you see.
I gulp the water, too. For health reasons just like you. My mother was not big on water. All her teeth fell out.

Just sayin'.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

scream ale wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:33 pm
Hugh wrote:
scream ale wrote:
Almost always. I enjoy a hot toddy now and then. I like mixing hard cider and rye. Bourbon and coffee is fun. Bloody marys have their time and place. But yeah, usually neat.
I once looked up hot toddy recipes to get me through a cold. I didn't make them. Just continued sipping neat.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Hugh wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:37 pm
scream ale wrote:
Hugh wrote:

I once looked up hot toddy recipes to get me through a cold. I didn't make them. Just continued sipping neat.
yeah, once you get a good hot toddy recipe it becomes your go-to. Mine is Rye whiskey, hot spiced apple cider, a teaspoon of honey and a cinnamon stick to stir and flavor. Gets me through any and every type of cold.

Right now I'm drinking the last of my barleywines, while waiting for DoorDash to deliver our Peruvian food.

I'm trying to convince myself not to go out to the bar tonight. I've been depressed lately and everyone's worried.

Been trying to shake off The Blues for two months now. maybe I should just listen to some Son House and just let that old drunken master lull me to sleep. Start over again tomorrow.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

You ain't gotta worry about shit. YOu shook of the blues before. You'll do it again. That's what booze does, it lifts. It does not depress. Unless you force it to.

Another Tipsy Sailor
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Another Tipsy Sailor »

Ardbeg 10, followed up by a Hopsecutioner from Terrapin.
"Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I’m not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you’ve felt that way."
-Charles Bukowski

I was probably drunk when I said that, but I meant it.

The second best thing about a shot of Malört is the face the bartender makes when you order it.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Hugh wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:49 pm
Kessler. Just bought a new 1.75 L bottle after having just bought one on Monday. It's day 10 of my bender and I've been putting it away.

Bottom shelf - Kessler
One up - Evan Williams
Two up - Jim Beam
CVS has liquor? When did this happen and where was I?
Another Tipsy Sailor wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:16 am
Hopsecutioner was a fine brew. Only had it once when my sister brought me back some random beers from a trip she took to Tennessee. Cheers to that.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

scream ale wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:29 am
Hugh wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:49 pm

Bottom shelf - Kessler
One up - Evan Williams
Two up - Jim Beam
CVS has liquor? When did this happen and where was I?
Another Tipsy Sailor wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:16 am
Hopsecutioner was a fine brew. Only had it once when my sister brought me back some random beers from a trip she took to Tennessee. Cheers to that.
Performing some laboratory testing and analysis right now. The Burn of the Bottom-Shelf. I think that the Evan Williams 43% is smoother only because of the low abv. (All of this testing is done by 1. Initial shot 2. Quick chug. 3. Full on Gargling.)

The Ezra Brooks 45% has a lovely burn most likely due to the turpentines left over. I think it really adds to the enjoyment.

These are two fifths, so that's true side-by-side. If I add another brand to this, I'll forget all the mash. I mean: *maths*

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Kessler again. Neat, of course. 11 straight days, and tonight it will be over. What would have been a perfect night to end this bender on, a cold rainy night, has been ruined by the roof leak over my bedroom. The landlord patched a hole up there earlier this week, obviously there are more. Damb.

But what a bender! Fuckin Ay! Even though I slipped up a couple of times in the last week and went out to the bars, it has gone mostly as planned - sitting in here with a whiskey bottle and a blank page. I get four of these vacations a year and I always fuck them all up by hitting the bars every day and spending hundreds of dollars. I finally got one right. (Mostly.)

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:35 pm
Hugh wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:37 pm
scream ale wrote:

yeah, once you get a good hot toddy recipe it becomes your go-to. Mine is Rye whiskey, hot spiced apple cider, a teaspoon of honey and a cinnamon stick to stir and flavor. Gets me through any and every type of cold.

Right now I'm drinking the last of my barleywines, while waiting for DoorDash to deliver our Peruvian food.

I'm trying to convince myself not to go out to the bar tonight. I've been depressed lately and everyone's worried.

Been trying to shake off The Blues for two months now. maybe I should just listen to some Son House and just let that old drunken master lull me to sleep. Start over again tomorrow.
Son House is good but quite depressing. If it's the blues you're looking at to get you out of a funk try some Howlin' Wolf.