What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by Mr. Viking »

booznik wrote:
Mr. Viking wrote:moved on to my usual and sensible cheap blended scotch whisky
Killing off a bottle of scotch here as well. GlenDronach 15yr Revival. Turned out to be exceptionally good. Die, delicious dram.
never had glendronach despite a few years in a whisky club. Fuck it I need to move back to scotland some day
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Now's the time to enjoy sherry cask whiskies (GD 15 being an example) while we still can. The sherry market is bottoming out, leaving the whisky companies with no barrels to use. I buy a bottle of Lustau Oloroso now and again, but it's not easy to find, and the price is going up.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Had sherry once and didn`t like it. But if that`s the truth I might reconsider it.

How many barrels you said were needed again? Like give me atleast a month...
Drink!

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I drink sherry regulary one of the best drinks for avoiding a piss while enjoying quality swill
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

oettinger wrote:Had sherry once and didn`t like it. But if that`s the truth I might reconsider it.

How many barrels you said were needed again? Like give me atleast a month...
Excellent, we're saved!

RE: sherry. Was it sweet or dry? Two different animals.

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Mr. Viking wrote:I drink sherry regulary one of the best drinks for avoiding a piss while enjoying quality swill
More than one bottle of dark sherry has the ability to change the color of your piss (in both senses of the word). Don't ask me how I know this.

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

The GlenDronach is dead, long live the Glendronach.

Switched to Evan Williams. After that sherried scotch, the flavor of rye has never hit me harder. Getting more rye outta this bourbon than usual.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

It was stolen, well taken as a souvenir from a shitty party to pay back for our wasted time. Dry I would say, but that was just in comparison to the gifted "wine" from the delivery pizza people for our 1000ths order or so. That stuff had your teeth falling out just by looking at it, so everything was dry after that alcoholic toothpaste (lysterine anyone?),
Damn if there is anyone anytime inventing sweet beer without mixers I`ll kill him/her/it.
Drink!

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

oettinger wrote:Damn if there is anyone anytime inventing sweet beer without mixers I`ll kill him/her/it.
You're looking for those alcopop makers over there. Here, they use de-flavored beer as a base to skirt the taxes on distilled spirits. Soldier, LOAD AND FIRE!

The good sherry to try:

1) Actually comes from Spain.

2) Is labeled Amontillado, Manzanilla, or Oloroso.

Those are the ones I like.

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

My handle of Tanqueray has turned green. The weird thing is, I think it was originally that color. Just what the hell is going on here?

EuroSlave
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by EuroSlave »

A glass full of Finlandia vodka with a drop of Schweppes raspberry soda

Eating some nuts and grissiniz

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

started drinking scrumpy cider again. I sincerely hope I don't contract type 2 diabetes

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Mr. Viking wrote:started drinking scrumpy cider again. I sincerely hope I don't contract type 2 diabetes
Ah, scrumpy. Could one of you knowledgeable types clue me in as to whether Weston's Old Rosie is a decent version? It was the only brand I could locate this side of the pond. I liked it, but somehow the smoothness did not comply with the somewhat fearsome reputation scrumpy is supposed to have.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

booznik wrote:
Mr. Viking wrote:started drinking scrumpy cider again. I sincerely hope I don't contract type 2 diabetes
Ah, scrumpy. Could one of you knowledgeable types clue me in as to whether Weston's Old Rosie is a decent version? It was the only brand I could locate this side of the pond. I liked it, but somehow the smoothness did not comply with the somewhat fearsome reputation scrumpy is supposed to have.

old rosie is my favourite. The danger is in the innocuity

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Mr. Viking wrote:old rosie is my favourite. The danger is in the innocuity
I am grateful then, that it costs too much here as an import to drink very much of it. It was head-and-shoulders above the Strongbow swill you usually get here.