What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by oettinger »

Sipping on vodka lemons. Waiting for my girl to wake up and come over, or atleast tell whoom she is betraying me with.
There, another vodka and all is fine.
Drink!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

There goes another one. I`m in the mood to say fuck it and empty the whole thing right now. I even bought her shitty beer!
Drink!

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

A tumbler of Russian Standard with ice and a San Miguel. Stoking the fire and all is good...

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Cyarlsberg, Murphy's and Mellow Corn
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

Laphroig. Yes, that's me on my face in about 14 minutes.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

tea, milk, one sugar
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Red Roostar Coffe Cream Stout. Cheap rye.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

Started off with a Kronenbourg 1664. First time I've had it, and I actually really fucking loved it, very refreshing.

Now onto the holy grail. I've got a case worth of Konig Ludwig Weissbier, literally my favorite beer on the Earth that I actually managed to find for once.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

My own home brew. It is truly shitty. Worst part about it is that it was more expensive to make than simply buying something I like.

Some may argue that it's a lot like fishing... you can easily buy fresh fish, but act of fishing is the enjoyable part; eating your own catch is only ancillary to fishing. As far as making beer, I call bullshit on that. The process is something I don't enjoy either.

Fuck this. I need a Guinness.
DRINK!

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

Dear Booze wrote:My own home brew. It is truly shitty. Worst part about it is that it was more expensive to make than simply buying something I like.

Some may argue that it's a lot like fishing... you can easily buy fresh fish, but act of fishing is the enjoyable part; eating your own catch is only ancillary to fishing. As far as making beer, I call bullshit on that. The process is something I don't enjoy either.

Different strokes for different folks. Personally, before I even drank it, the process of homebrewing was FUN to me. Especially with a beer in hand.

My first batch was really bitter but drinkable. Second batch I consulted homebrewtalk, and worked out the issues. It's a learning process. Eventually you make good stuff, but it's all drinkable!!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

brandonman wrote:
Dear Booze wrote:My own home brew. It is truly shitty. Worst part about it is that it was more expensive to make than simply buying something I like.

Different strokes for different folks. Personally, before I even drank it, the process of homebrewing was FUN to me. Especially with a beer in hand.

My first batch was really bitter but drinkable. Second batch I consulted homebrewtalk, and worked out the issues. It's a learning process. Eventually you make good stuff, but it's all drinkable!!
Yes. Most home brewers who I've met love the process. The chemistry. But I just don't have the patience for it.

I don't like fishing either.

But you are right. It's all drinkable. Just not necessarily what I want to drink. It's a true First World problem.
DRINK!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Home brewing is not easy even with Mr. Beer. If you don't have everything sterile it won't come out right. The irony is it's cheaper and better to buy your beer. Home brewing is for some sort of emergency if there is no beer to buy anywhere like after a natural disaster.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

I've eaten the mash.

I have no patience. Not a good doctor of breweriness. I am drinking somehting that resembles the ink form a large squid, but tatses like vanilla. That's what I m' drinking right now.

From my flask

Shhhh. This is between you and me. Don't tell anyoen. Shhh

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

ARRRRRRR!

(any "gay" jokes will be met with a cutlass, ye scurvy scalawags)

"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Dear Booze wrote:It is truly shitty. Worst part about it is that it was more expensive to make than simply buying something I like.
Sadly that describes my girlfriend perfectly.
At noon today I walked her three stupid dogs and in the process bought us a backpack full of beer at the gas station. When she ran out of her`s she had to feast on mine of course, causing me to take another walk an hour ago.
Drink!