What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by Dear Booze »

hoverdog wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:37 pm
Fuck you who won't say what.

Gin and mineral water.
As a user who expects support and camaraderie from fellow users, I find this post offensive. OVER THE LINE!
DRINK!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Dear Booze wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:58 am
hoverdog wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:37 pm
Fuck you who won't say what.

Gin and mineral water.
As a user who expects support and camaraderie from fellow users, I find this post offensive. OVER THE LINE!
You know, I find your being offended to be quite offensive, Vern.

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

Offensive. You are supposed to be a helpful moderator. But you are OVER THE LINE.
DRINK!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Someone please help me. I'm in a gin dilemma or something. I like gin and tonic here in the US. Bars pour the gin from bottles but use a hose to deliver the 'tonic' water. After a while and talking to other drinkers, that 'tonic' water is not like the quinine used in the original gin and tonic, probably invented during Victorian era India. It's well known that the 'tonic' is infused with high fructose corn syrup.
So where can I find real quinine water? Is Schweppes the answer?
Please hurry because I feel a paroxysm from malarial fever coming on. I only drink for medicinal purposes.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I think Schweppes tonic water actually is what you`re looking for. Should be easily available in your location.
I find it highly strange that they use a hose as you explained. I never heard or seen that before here in good ol germany.
Drink!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Bulleit Rye with lunch.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Tanqueray martinis and Longboard Lager from Kona Breweries.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

Lush City wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:56 am
Someone please help me. I'm in a gin dilemma or something. I like gin and tonic here in the US. Bars pour the gin from bottles but use a hose to deliver the 'tonic' water. After a while and talking to other drinkers, that 'tonic' water is not like the quinine used in the original gin and tonic, probably invented during Victorian era India. It's well known that the 'tonic' is infused with high fructose corn syrup.
Please hurry because I feel a paroxysm from malarial fever coming on. I only drink for medicinal purposes.
Lush, I never cared much for tonic in anything. That was until a few years ago when i visited a bar in Sacramento which is known for its homemade tonic. It was delicious and not even close to Schweppes or that crap that comes out of the gun. As a matter of fact, it wasn't clear either. It was kind of yellowish in color. I found this recipe but have not tried it yet.

http://georgiapellegrini.com/2010/04/15 ... nic-water/
DRINK!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

That reads interesting, that link. P. once confided that he had formed a toxic allergy to quinine because he drank too many G&Ts one summer. It is indeed tasty with the Bombay form the white bottle. I like me poison simple and tart, unless a black rum.

I'm having the latter now. I need to sweeten up a bit before breakfast tonight.

8hiccup8

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

Nothing. But I'm staring at a bottle of Balvenie that I can take home and enjoy in just over three hours.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Gran Reserva Rum Shootout!!

Badfellow's much touted Flor De Cana against Ron Matusalem. Both Gran Reservas for what that is worth. The Flor has a 7 yo age statement and the Matusalem has none.

Sipping test seemed a tie. Couldn't put one ahead of the other.

First simple mixed drink was a 2 0z pour of the rum, a liberal squirt of lime and three ice cubes. Topped of with green tea. Two deep on the Flor and one deep on the Matu. Matu may be ahead but we shall see after the second drink.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Dear Booze wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:30 am
Lush City wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:56 am
Lush, I never cared much for tonic in anything. That was until a few years ago when i visited a bar in Sacramento which is known for its homemade tonic. It was delicious and not even close to Schweppes or that crap that comes out of the gun. As a matter of fact, it wasn't clear either. It was kind of yellowish in color. I found this recipe but have not tried it yet.

http://georgiapellegrini.com/2010/04/15 ... nic-water/
Yes, it's that powdered bark where the quinine comes from. Some one has to be producing a palatable version of this for thirsty consumers such as me. I only drink for medicinal purposes.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

A strange beverage I just came across: Rumchata. I mixed with a healthy slug or three of Makers, and it is good, and girly sweet. Perfect for the hot misery that is a Tumbleweed Junction summer.
like tears in rain

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Lush City wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:31 am
I only drink for medicinal purposes.
You posted this a couple of times now and I really like the phrase. May I borrow it?
I drink to not go insane and go on a killing spree. Government has to feed me alcohol constantly.
They could also put me in a metal cage and on some lame meds but that wouldn`t be as fun and would cost the taxpayer a lot more dough.

Cheers to the Bumwine, it will cost you only 600 bucks a year to keep the neighbourhood alive!

...shit I forgot the smokes, it`s more like 5000 bucks but come on
Drink!

Bur

Post by Bur »

Left over tequila, it's pretty bad.