What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by scream ale »

oettinger wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:08 pm
Grolsch is some fantastic beer
Those flip tops are the best drunk toy ever.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:05 pm
Lush City wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:00 pm
benitobeast69 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:52 pm
nothin but beer all day cause my mrs and most of my family made me promise not to drink for a month...it was shitti waters I was in so I agreed. I bought 2 cases of alcohol free beer that I've been pouring down the drain all day and filling my glass with real beer...so long as they're none the wiser. good fucking job alcohol free beer is cheap. The under sink is now full as fuck of hidden real beer can empties while I proudly display the alc free empties on the counter
Hate to lay this on you but this sort of thing never works out. Hope you got a good attorney that won't bankrupt you. Cheers!
so far so fuckin good, I've managed to get my sauce on everynight…. she isn't tremendously observant which helps... only got a week to go till I can drink with wild abandon. biggest problem so far has been a trip to a pub with her and had to order an alchohol free as she was stood with me.

anyway right now I've got a big ol glass of grolsh beer
You must've gotten into some heavy duty shit, but yeah, my policy is honesty over all. Like Bukowski said when Wanda asked, "You trust me?" And he goes, "Yeah...it's easier that way."

I've had the conversation with my wife where I've just outright told her, "I'm a drinker, this is what I do. This is my religion. I may slow down, I may pause for a week or two, but I'm never going to outright quit."

It's the conversation every drunkard has to have with concerned loved ones at some point. I don't know what trouble you were in, but it seems as if you were beyond that point. Good luck with this tho', you are one adventurous space dog, fighting the good fight.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Drinking Old Forrester single barrel bourbon special edition. The local convenience store went and bought a single barrel from the distillery and they bottled and packed them into cases. They've been selling locally now for over 2yrs and they are down to the last 8 cases out of over 200. It's been a great run but the store has expressed intention of going to the Woodford Reserve folks for a deal. Drink up!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Wait - A 'convenience' store has that premium bourbon? Aren't they afraid someone will come in, shoplift it, gulp the whole bottle down in one gulp, then puke it all up in the alley?

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:14 pm

I've had the conversation with my wife where I've just outright told her, "I'm a drinker, this is what I do. This is my religion. I may slow down, I may pause for a week or two, but I'm never going to outright quit."

It's the conversation every drunkard has to have with concerned loved ones at some point..
Thanks drink I found my wife on this very board.
But imagine the explaining I have to do if I don`t drink... smashed plates, death-threats, kicked in TV, I take the children "ya have em" etc
Drink!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Lush City wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:26 pm
Drinking Old Forrester single barrel bourbon special edition. The local convenience store went and bought a single barrel from the distillery and they bottled and packed them into cases. They've been selling locally now for over 2yrs and they are down to the last 8 cases out of over 200. It's been a great run but the store has expressed intention of going to the Woodford Reserve folks for a deal. Drink up!
Hold up.... Convenience stores can do that? They just bought a goddamn barrel, tapped it and started charging? Holy hell, what state do you live in?
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:17 pm
Lush City wrote:
Hold up.... Convenience stores can do that? They just bought a goddamn barrel, tapped it and started charging? Holy hell, what state do you live in?
Here's the skinny: as a retailer, you can't buy the actual barrel and tap it yourself. But you can buy a barrel and have the licensed distillery tap and bottle it for you. Depending on the state, of course.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Badfellow wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:12 pm
Rye and Coke wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:17 pm
Lush City wrote:
Here's the skinny: as a retailer, you can't buy the actual barrel and tap it yourself. But you can buy a barrel and have the licensed distillery tap and bottle it for you. Depending on the state, of course.
You can buy it and empty it yourself, sell the firewood
Drink!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Bought a 375 of Blackheart Rum after the day's KD. Good to mix it up a bit.

Clocks in at 93 proof. Very sweet. An agreeable drink.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Nausea wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:19 pm
...Blackheart Rum...
Good Lawdy Lawd. Their marketing is awful. Investigate for yourself.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Gin martinis and lager beer is what I'm drinking going where no normal human would dare to tread!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Ezra Brooks and Purple Punchsicle.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Southern Tier harvest ale. I know it's not fall yet but I'm drinking it anyway.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rye and Coke »

scream ale wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:41 pm
Southern Tier harvest ale. I know it's not fall yet but I'm drinking it anyway.
I'm such an out-of-season drinker. I'll drink Porters and Barleywine's in July if I could find them. Right now, I'm drinking a screwdriver, about to go out and see my daughter's time trials for cross country.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I don`t know, white russians just don`t blend with summer time.

Coffee drinks are taylor made for fall and winter.

Over an extra bunch of ice though hmmm
Drink!