What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by scream ale »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:09 am
Bourbon whiskey, from Kentucky
Same here. Cheers!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

scream ale wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:10 pm
Dale's Pale Ale from those fine fuckers at Oskar Blues. Damn tasty ale. Cheers!
Wow! Cool! Got this stuff here in L.A.and it is awesome with shots of Old Forrester single barrel. That is 6.8% ale we are drinking here.We are not pussies!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Depthcharge
Souse
Souse

Re: What are you drinking right now?!

Post by Depthcharge »

Cheers oettinger!

Not Italian, I'm English as the day is long - Peroni readily available in our local stores and hooch outlets. It's a good mid-range tipple and mixes well with the low-level quality of my liquors!

Still on on it tonite, with some Grant's whisky, then later a Tesco Argentinian Malbec: robust!

Doctor, I keep having a dream where a beautiful woman walks naked towards me and I push her away!

What do you want me to do about it?

Break my arms!

All the best to all of you ce soir - byee!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Depthcharge wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:12 am
Doctor, I keep having a dream where a beautiful woman walks naked towards me and I push her away!

What do you want me to do about it?

Break my arms!
Breakage and/or amputation would be considered more extreme forms of therapy. This unconscious manifestation of pushing away the beautiful, naked female form clearly has a deeper root: you distance yourself from women because you fear they will drink all your booze, leaving you to wake up with nothing more than a wry hangover and a free spin on the Wheel of Venereal Diseases.

My best professional advice to you... in your next dream you must reach out and embrace her with full amore. Tweak her nipples ever so gently, then reach around and give her supple bottom a squeeze as you lock wine scented lips with hers.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Badfellow wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:20 pm
Tweak her nipples ever so gently, then reach around and give her supple bottom a squeeze as you lock wine scented lips with hers.
Reading this gave me an erection.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Bourbon. With a little seltzer and some lime. I think it's called a Rickey. I could be wrong.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Nausea wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:11 pm
Badfellow wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:20 pm
Tweak her nipples ever so gently, then reach around and give her supple bottom a squeeze as you lock wine scented lips with hers.
Reading this gave me an erection.
I know, right?

Most people aren't aware, but in my spare time, I write romance novels that involve a lot of sloppy, drunken sex.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

scream ale wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:38 pm
Bourbon. With a little seltzer and some lime. I think it's called a Rickey. I could be wrong.
Yep, that's a Rickey.

But this is Ricky.

Depthcharge
Souse
Souse

Post by Depthcharge »

Hey Badfellow!

Aside from the arms joke (courtesy our UK late great Tommy Cooper, God bless him) your description romantique of interacting with the lady of my dreams is - in fact - an accurate portrayal of myself and my extraordinarily beautiful wife!

How did you know?

So, tonite it's the old reliable Grant's whisky with (for some reason) Beck's Blue non-alcoholic (sorry!) lager, BUT ALSO (drum roll)...

My (extr beaut etc) wife's home made Rhubarb Vodka!

That is, vodka and sugar and raw rhubarb from our garden, steeped for months in jars then strained and decanted to Kilner bottles, then opened and enjoyed by ME!

What a life!

Honk Honk!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Well, we drank all the bourbon, save for the bit I'm saving to make Grumpy's caramel sauce, so I having a nice champs, before going back to sleep. Poor Grumpy is part of the way to work by now (Cali commutes are a bitch) .
like tears in rain

Depthcharge
Souse
Souse

Post by Depthcharge »

Evenin' All! (Well it's evening here in Blighty.)

This enchanted evening the libation of choice is a stimulating boilermaker combining Greenall's gin and Beck's Blue (again - I really must get some beer with alcohol in it).

Anyway, it's all good when the smack begins to flow - and it shoots up the dropper's neck - and that's when I'm - closing in on death...

Hang on - sorry, that's Lou Reed Heroin from RocknRoll Animal - one of the best live albums (by design) ever recorded IMHO.

Well that should do for now and as Our Scarlett so memorably said: "Tomorrow is another day!" Which it is...

See ya! Wouldn't wanna be ya!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

A white ale from a local brewery I've never heard of before-Stoneyard Brewing. Not bad at all. I'd try some of their other brews.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Depthcharge wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:13 pm

My (extr beaut etc) wife's home made Rhubarb Vodka!

That is, vodka and sugar and raw rhubarb from our garden, steeped for months in jars then strained and decanted to Kilner bottles, then opened and enjoyed by ME!
This sounds enticing, I would really like to try it. We have rhubarb in our garden too but my extr beaut etc, husband claims to not like it.

Do you mix it with anything?
Okole maluna!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Is there such a thing as bottom shelf ginger ale because if so, I found it. You'd think I wouldn't care being a bottom shelf vodka drinker, but it matters. The mixer has to be good to hide that tasty rubbing alcohol flavor.

In the states I preferred Canada Dry but Schweppes was a decent back up. The only problem I had with Schweppes is that where I lived, it only came in the twist off bottles, not cans and every time you opened it up it exploded and it became like an instant wet t-shirt contest. A girl friend of mine and I got splashed every time and we always said "FUCKING SCHWEPPES!".

In Germany a single can of Canada Dry is €1.19 which is like $1.34 which is freaking redunkulous. Which on a side note a single can of PBR is a mindboggling €1.50. Such a fine import beer indeed!

So needless to say I get any cheap brand I find and wow there's a reason why Canada Dry is super expensive. \Cause it's delicious. Schweppes is even 3 times the price as the knock off brands here, it's unreal. I need to find a way to doctor it up so it is consumable. Lime perhaps? Splash of grenadine? Find a new mixer?
Okole maluna!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Bourbon and Perrier over ice. But I need to fling myself down and sleep. Tomorrow (eek, today) we have a lot to do with the new house.
like tears in rain