What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Stendhal
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by Stendhal »

Evan Williams White Label
Everything in moderation, including moderation

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Still rolling along with the beer. I want some bourbon but Mr. Williams doesn't like bock beer. He hates that damn goat. Beats the goat then beats hell out of me.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Vodka flush
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Starting off with Old Rasputin

SpitefulTriful
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by SpitefulTriful »

Thompson wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:26 pm
SpitefulTriful wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:05 pm
Carlsberg Export. Can you believe that here in the UK regular Carlsberg has dropped to a mere 3.4%? Fosters is now also 3.7%. All because of bullshit alcohol tax. Not that I'd usually drink Fosters, but y'know, lots of beer brands here have dropped abv over the year due to bullshit tax. Currently just consuming Carlsberg Export which is luckily still 4.8% and Morrisons supermarket own brand lager, also 4.8%, got 16 cans worth of it, should be good. This message is going to a big fuck you to the UK taxation of alcohol. Give us more cheap booze.
That’s incredible. No, you can’t even break even with a beer under 5. Budweiser is 5. When you go down to the 4.s and then the 3.s you are completely wasting your time.

Spiteful, what about cigarettes? What is the price of factory rolled cigarettes, the tax?

Is it just a beer tax and not an English gin tax? Is this a move to move more drinkers to distilled spirits where there is not some kind of abv tax? I don’t see how you can do that to the hard without a revolution (lead by Oettinger and Big Nate).
Budweiser here is actually only 4.5%. Bud Light here is 3.4%...an absolute joke. I hate how they've ruined several beers here because of the alcohol tax...Stella is only 4.6% here now...it used to be known as "wifebeater" in the UK when it was 5.2% because fellas would drink lots of it and beat up their spouse, classically, but now it's a pile of piss. I don't smoke but I know cigarettes are really expensive here, I know several people who buy dodgy illegal fags because they don't want to pay the official prices....fag being a slang for cig here of course...

SpitefulTriful
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by SpitefulTriful »

scream ale wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:31 pm
^^^^ that's insane. 3.7% to 3.4%? I thought beer was pretty much all 4% and higher. Are they really saving that much money? Seriously fuck those taxes. My usual, Genesee, is 4.5%. Can't imagine that going any lower.

Currently drinking Genesee bock. This one weighs in at a staggering 5.2%. Hope the taxman doesn't get greedy(er).
I think anything below 3.5 gets a lower tax rate or something, that's why they did it. I wouldn't touch it with a fucking bargepole anyway. It's why all grim white cider brands in the UK are 7.5% because that's the strongest they can be without paying more tax.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

One gas station out here advertises "COLD 3.2 BEER" like it's a good thing.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

^^^ they must really cut loose in that neighborhood

Thompson
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Thompson »

SpitefulTriful wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:08 pm
Thompson wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:26 pm
SpitefulTriful wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:05 pm
Carlsberg Export. Can you believe that here in the UK regular Carlsberg has dropped to a mere 3.4%? Fosters is now also 3.7%. All because of bullshit alcohol tax. Not that I'd usually drink Fosters, but y'know, lots of beer brands here have dropped abv over the year due to bullshit tax. Currently just consuming Carlsberg Export which is luckily still 4.8% and Morrisons supermarket own brand lager, also 4.8%, got 16 cans worth of it, should be good. This message is going to a big fuck you to the UK taxation of alcohol. Give us more cheap booze.
That’s incredible. No, you can’t even break even with a beer under 5. Budweiser is 5. When you go down to the 4.s and then the 3.s you are completely wasting your time.

Spiteful, what about cigarettes? What is the price of factory rolled cigarettes, the tax?

Is it just a beer tax and not an English gin tax? Is this a move to move more drinkers to distilled spirits where there is not some kind of abv tax? I don’t see how you can do that to the hard without a revolution (lead by Oettinger and Big Nate).
Budweiser here is actually only 4.5%. Bud Light here is 3.4%...an absolute joke. I hate how they've ruined several beers here because of the alcohol tax...Stella is only 4.6% here now...it used to be known as "wifebeater" in the UK when it was 5.2% because fellas would drink lots of it and beat up their spouse, classically, but now it's a pile of piss. I don't smoke but I know cigarettes are really expensive here, I know several people who buy dodgy illegal fags because they don't want to pay the official prices....fag being a slang for cig here of course...
I wish I had me a connection to those dodgy illegal fags. I would have bet a dollar that Budweiser would never allow some government to bring it down from a 5 to a sissy 4.5.

I’m drinking one of those ‘craft beers’, micro brewery products. It’s 5.5 and a little flat, if you can get past the little flat it’s okay. Riverfront Lager it’s called. Taking small sips of Taaka for the extra boost. Shit, all stocked up. Got a new tip on my cane to boot. Watching TV and wishing I looked more like Matt Dillon than Barney Fife.
“Talk is cheap, whiskey costs money.” — Harry Caray

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

A very good friend of mine who studied biology said that anything below 3 % abv wouldn`t even get you drunk since you pee it out before any alcohol hit your bloodstream. I don`t know if that`s true though but it`s still an interesting take
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Sipping a little 12 year Knob Creek. 100 proof fun!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

COLD 10.0 BEER
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Half a handle of vodka isn’t a lot. But when you drink it in two hours on an empty stomach, it becomes a force to be reckoned with.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Nausea wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:18 pm
One gas station out here advertises "COLD 3.2 BEER" like it's a good thing.
When I become the Emperor of ‘Murrica, I shall decree a law requiring all beer to be non-carbonated and at least 40% alcohol by volume.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

^^^ getting real fucked up on a sixer.