What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by Patchez »

Had these last Saturday. Except for the 12 they sucked. Glad I just got the baby bottles. The 10 goes for 90ish. I would have been super pissed if I had bought a full size.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

^^^ I've had a small bottle of the 10 year old as well. I was not impressed with it. I was given a normal sized bottle of the 10 year old for my birthday earlier this amd really liked it so I was a little surprised I didn't care for shooter bottle I impulse bought.
Nausea wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:01 pm
Picked up another bottle of Kilbeggan. Irish whiskey goes down so smooth -- sometimes that's all you want.
I am going with Irish myself this afternoon with some black label Bushmills. Cheers to those little green men and women of the emerald isle.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

scream ale wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:31 am
^^^ I've had a small bottle of the 10 year old as well. I was not impressed with it. I was given a normal sized bottle of the 10 year old for my birthday earlier this amd really liked it so I was a little surprised I didn't care for shooter bottle I impulse bought.
Nausea wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:01 pm
Picked up another bottle of Kilbeggan. Irish whiskey goes down so smooth -- sometimes that's all you want.
I am going with Irish myself this afternoon with some black label Bushmills. Cheers to those little green men and women of the emerald isle.
Irish whiskey is so sweet compared to bourbon that I would pour Jameson on my pancakes! Incredible!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Aerstone 10 Sea Cask.

I love me some sea notes in a whiskey, and while seeing this one come in at a mere $24, I had to try it.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

A salty dog made with extra vodak.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Cheap beer with a splash of Beam.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Old Grand-Dad 114.

This is some intense stuff. Hot damn.

Very similar to Wild Turkey Rare Breed, IMO.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Hofland's Sloe Gin.... had no idea it was a liqueur. I thought it was just like a different type of gin

I tasted it and was like, "wow this is sweet. Taste's almost syrup..." Then sure enough...fuck me.

But no worries, I've already got a couple of recipes in my head I can do with this low proof juice.

As long as I have a bottle of rye to keep the edge on, I'm fine.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:12 pm
Hofland's Sloe Gin.... had no idea it was a liqueur. I thought it was just like a different type of gin

I tasted it and was like, "wow this is sweet. Taste's almost syrup..." Then sure enough...fuck me.
Awwwwww, that's priceless. Right up there with Artful D mistakenly picking up a bottle of "gin flavored vodka".

The best way to drink sloe gin is there is no best way to drink sloe gin. If you were famished and near frozen to death on the arctic tundra, it might cheer you up a little bit to have a pull from the bottle but it's still going to taste like Scandinavian cough syrup. And what the fuck is a sloe berry supposed to be anyway? The retarded cousin of the blueberry? Just sayin'.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Badfellow wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:06 am
Rye and Coke wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:12 pm

Awwwwww, that's priceless. Right up there with Artful D mistakenly picking up a bottle of "gin flavored vodka".

The best way to drink sloe gin is there is no best way to drink sloe gin. If you were famished and near frozen to death on the arctic tundra, it might cheer you up a little bit to have a pull from the bottle but it's still going to taste like Scandinavian cough syrup. And what the fuck is a sloe berry supposed to be anyway? The retarded cousin of the blueberry? Just sayin'.
It's always some bullshit abv as well.. 32% or some shit

as to what I'm drinking...a fuck load of gin and some double IPA's from deya brewing. FUCKIN LOVELY.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

This thread has always been the Scream Ale thread to me - but he hasn't posted in it since Thursday. Bah. Maybe he's sick of all you ayceholes.

It's been a Franzia Chillable Red night for me, but after 7 hours of drinking I can't get fucked up enough. Just popped a Benadryl to get this shit started - at half past midnight. I'll be woozy as hell loading those trucks in a few hours.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Sorry Hugh, I'll try to avoid letting you down in the future. Part of me thought that posting tall cans/bourbon/cheap beer/bourbon was getting repetitive but drunks tend to repeat themaelves (I do anyway) so it can't be all bad.

I'm currently easing into my afternoon with some black label Bushmills.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

scream ale wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:28 am
Part of me thought that posting tall cans/bourbon/cheap beer/bourbon was getting repetitive but drunks tend to repeat themaelves (I do anyway) so it can't be all bad.

How so?

Joking aside, I thought the same with my boring everyday intake:

Vodka lemon
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Some Backwoods Bastard before moving on to cheaper fare.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Evan Williams Bottled-in-Bond.